Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast

I like it except not needs more yellow.

Also, I called it it weeks ago that she was getting a new costume.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I like it except not needs more yellow.

Also, I called it it weeks ago that she was getting a new costume.
    It also needs less web patterns on it. Black and red with yellow is a good color scheme, but putting web patterns on it makes her look like the offshoot of Spider-Man that she actually isn't. I wouldn't mind it so much as a costume for Mattie Franklin (R.I.P.), but I don't think it works for Jessica, who aside from the Spider-prefix in her name has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The new costume is atrocious. They honestly never learn, do they? The last costume change was different, but it felt like Spider-Woman still, albeit a more scaled-back, realistic-looking one. But this? Garbage fire.

Now I regret complaining she was going back to the classic costume.
    That one is at least iconic and well designed (for its time). This one is just plain ugly.
    I really wish they could have come up with some middle ground between the classic one and Anka's look.

Astonishing Member

This new design will go down in infamy. It's hideous, and the classic one will return.

You mean like that Scarlet Spider costume which was quickly scrapped for the classic look?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It also needs less web patterns on it. Black and red with yellow is a good color scheme, but putting web patterns on it makes her look like the offshoot of Spider-Man that she actually isn't. I wouldn't mind it so much as a costume for Mattie Franklin (R.I.P.), but I don't think it works for Jessica, who aside from the Spider-prefix in her name has nothing to do with Spider-Man.
    I agree, she does look like a standard member of the spider family now - which she's not, having originally been created by the Avengers office. She was created to pre-empt a cartoon from using the name (which is also why she got a cartoon so quickly), not as a female version of Peter.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    This new design will go down in infamy. It's hideous, and the classic one will return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean like that Scarlet Spider costume which was quickly scrapped for the classic look?

I agree, she does look like a standard member of the spider family now - which she's not, having originally been created by the Avengers office. She was created to pre-empt a cartoon from using the name (which is also why she got a cartoon so quickly), not as a female version of Peter.
    Pretty much, yeah. And that new Scarlet Spider costume looked way too much like Spidercide.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Slime Behret fixed it.

IMG_20191217_191406.jpg
    Last edited by Seren; 12-17-2019 at 06:51 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

To Know Her is to Fear Her New Costumes...
    It looks like she woke up at Peter Parker's place the morning after and is still in the process of pulling his short down over her yoga outfit.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 12-17-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Dave Johnson is great. And I feel like he gave them EXACTLY what they asked for... I'm just not sure why.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Bc Jess moved to the Spidey office from the Avengers office in 2014 right around the time the marvel Sony deal leaked. They're trying to bring her more into spiders world but she's better on the fringes.

I still think Karla Pacheco is gonna kill it on the story though. And Pere Perez is an incredible artist, so Jess is in good hands.

I don't hate the new costume. I just think it needs tweaking.

Edit: Looks like Jess is getting an Origin update too.
    Last edited by Seren; 12-17-2019 at 09:31 PM.

lol the anka costume died so a tweaked superior spider-man knockoff could live
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Eh, not as good as her classic look but certainly better than her previous new “costume”.

So...is she not wearing the classic suit? Because visually it's 10x better then this redesign, especially with the Spider-Man print shoulder.s

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

That design is... something. I don't think it's all that bad, but it'll definitely take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Bc Jess moved to the Spidey office from the Avengers office in 2014 right around the time the marvel Sony deal leaked. They're trying to bring her more into spiders world but she's better on the fringes.
    I had a feeling about the costume that I couldn't quite put into words, but I think it's pretty much what you said. It feels like the costume is another way of making her look more like the other Spider-People, which I'm not sure if it's the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    lol the anka costume died so a tweaked superior spider-man knockoff could live
    I guess we'll see which design sticks around, because it's not like Marvel has been super consistent with Jess lately. She's worn both her Anka and classic designs just this year in different books. Unless editorial mandates all artists to stick to her solo look, nothing's stopping other writers and artists from just doing whatever they want.

Anyway, Anka's design still slaps and I still believe it's the most likely look to get a live-action adaption.