Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why does that handbook entry show her with Rapunzel hair? It's usually long, but not THAT long! And that wasn't even how she looked at the time, as she didn't have her powers.
    Her previous entries also showed her with relatively long hair as well.

from The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Vol. 1 No. 14 (March 1984)

Did she used to have a wig for awhile when she was in costume? I think that got nixed later.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Did she used to have a wig for awhile when she was in costume? I think that got nixed later.
    For some reason I was thinking that before you brought it up, but I can't swear to it for sure.

Uh oh. Rumours from the Spider-Gwen thread. Potentially bad news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I'm not surprised. I've long suspected Ghost Spider was simply a backup moniker should the movie fail.

Indeed, poor Jessica. I've heard rumors from insiders some people at Marvel want to ax the character of 616 Jessica Drew in favor of moving 65 Gwen, as the new Spider-Woman, to 616 permanently for reasons of brand synergy. The main thing preventing them from enacting their plan is fear of potential fan backlash from offing such an iconic if a relatively unpopular character (in comparison to Spider-Gwen) in Jessica Drew.
    If this is true, they should just change her codename, not kill her off.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

She died her hair black from its original blonde, but I'm not sure it was a wig. It's ridiculously long and seems to get longer over time (yeah, I know hair does that, but it doesn't feel entirely natural), so I don't know.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Idea that has next to no chance of happening: In the sequel for Captain Marvel, they feature Spider-Woman. The big song played at the climax is Spiderwebs by No Doubt spoilers:
    instead of Just a Girl like in the first movie.
    end of spoilers

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I'd be down for that.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    For some reason I was thinking that before you brought it up, but I can't swear to it for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    She died her hair black from its original blonde, but I'm not sure it was a wig. It's ridiculously long and seems to get longer over time (yeah, I know hair does that, but it doesn't feel entirely natural), so I don't know.
    Yes she wore a wig for most of her early issues as her natural hair was about shoulder length. Later on they dropped the wig.
    Likewise, Steve Leialoha drew her hair quite long when in her spider woman costume, but not nearly as long as Carmine Infantino. When Ann Nocenti and Brian Postman took over the series, her hair was "cut" due to a fight with Gypsy Moth I think. She pulled her wig back put for the last few issues of her original series.

Cool. Thanks for clarifying that!

Kelly Thompson said that Jess will be making an appearance in the 3rd arc of Captain Marvel, but it won't be as big a role as she has in the current arc.

Spider-Woman Hair Appreciation!

The dyed hair!

The wig!

Again the wig!
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/5fc4dc37...y3eo1_1280.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The dyed hair!
    So I'm reading her stories in the Essential Collection, so it's black and white, so I appreciate these images.

Syfy posted an article about Jessica and Carol's friendship. https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/jessic...mpression=true

They're going to be Reprinting Marvel Spotlight 32 in June:

ARVEL TALES: SPIDER-MAN #1
    STAN LEE, ARCHIE GOODWIN & AL MILGROM (W)
    JOHN ROMITA SR., DON HECK, SAL BUSCEMA & AL MILGROM (A)
    COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY JEN BARTEL
    Spider-Man swings into onto the stage as we celebrate the 80th Anniversary of the House of Ideas with the era-spanning MARVEL TALES! This anthology series shines a spotlight on fan-favorite characters, features timeless stories, and highlights some of our most impressive talent from the past eight decades. First, Spidey faces the mind-bending madness of Mysterio in a classic showdown from the boundless imaginations of Stan Lee, John Romita Sr. and Don Heck — the villain’s special effects have never been bigger than in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #66! Then meet Jessica Drew, the startlingly different Spider-Woman in in MARVELSPOTLIGHT (1971) #32 — to know her is to fear her! And finally, with the webslinger missing, the Black Cat steals the spotlight! Can frantic Felicia Hardy find her Spider — or will she find adventure? Surprises are in store in SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #90!
    80 PGS./Rated T …$7.99

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Nice!!

Kelly Thompson posted a pretty awesome panel of Jess today. Also, Jess is in Captain America #9.
    Last edited by Seren; 04-03-2019 at 06:36 PM.