Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 87 of 87
  1. #76
    Incredible Member Tzigone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    949

    Default

    I'm enjoying the series. I like some lightness and humor. Not that there isn't painful and depressing in the book, too.

    I love the bond between the siblings. I loved Zan's "save yourself" bit after his thunderlust bit. And him showing up to help her out of her bad date was nice. Though the cover was not. Men/boys trying to control the love lives of the women/girls in their lives is not cute/sweet/protective or even funny (which is what I think they were going for). It's irritating, controlling, and sexist. Very glad he wasn't actually doing anything like that.

    Forgive me if I missed it, but do we know why the twins are exiled?

    The extension is good news; just hope they don't run out of story.

  2. #77
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm enjoying the series. I like some lightness and humor. Not that there isn't painful and depressing in the book, too.

    I love the bond between the siblings. I loved Zan's "save yourself" bit after his thunderlust bit. And him showing up to help her out of her bad date was nice. Though the cover was not. Men/boys trying to control the love lives of the women/girls in their lives is not cute/sweet/protective or even funny (which is what I think they were going for). It's irritating, controlling, and sexist. Very glad he wasn't actually doing anything like that.

    Forgive me if I missed it, but do we know why the twins are exiled?

    The extension is good news; just hope they don't run out of story.

    No, you haven't missed it, it hasn't been addressed yet.

  3. #78
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Preview for Wonder Twins #6 is out.

    https://www.newsarama.com/45886-jayn...review.html#s1





  4. #79
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default


  5. #80
    Mighty Member Lonewolf36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,205

    Default

    Nice to see El Dorado with the League.

  6. #81
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Nice to see El Dorado with the League.
    Yes, it's the second time he's appeared in an issue. Each time, however, in the background.

    I haven't read JLA in a while, is Mera an active member? I notice she's in the top panel in the page I posted.

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Yes, it's the second time he's appeared in an issue. Each time, however, in the background.

    I haven't read JLA in a while, is Mera an active member? I notice she's in the top panel in the page I posted.
    She is, though she's hardly been utilized at all in the many issues since she joined.

    Re: an earlier post, I don't think Mark Russell ever runs out of story. I'd read anything by that guy. The extension is fantastic news. I hope it leads to an ongoing. I LOVE this series.

  8. #83
    Astonishing Member Starter Set's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,664

    Default

    Pretty fun book to read.

  9. #84
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Pretty fun book to read.
    Yes, it is. I'm enjoying it much more than I thought I would.

    Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    She is, though she's hardly been utilized at all in the many issues since she joined.

    Re: an earlier post, I don't think Mark Russell ever runs out of story. I'd read anything by that guy. The extension is fantastic news. I hope it leads to an ongoing. I LOVE this series.

    Thanks for the info on Mera, I appreciate it. I would also like to have an ongoing series for the twins, but will settle for a "season two".

  10. #85
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    I'm really glad this has been extended, I hope they tell more of Polly Math. She needs redemption, she needs to know the truth about her dad, and the twins need to realize that things on Earth may be off-kilter, but it's not all bad all the time.

  11. #86
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    November solicits are out, and they have a cover for Wonder Twins #9.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Forgive me if I missed it, but do we know why the twins are exiled?
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    No, you haven't missed it, it hasn't been addressed yet.

    It looks like we'll find that out in this story in November.

    Donít miss the stunning secret of the Wonder Twins that will change how you look at them forever! Tensions run high as Jayna takes in friend-turned-fugitive Polly Math and opens up about her familyís painful past on Exxor, but they are soon interrupted when Batman and Superman call on Zan and Jayna for an all-star team-up against a rogue army! Jayna must balance their duties to the Justice League with her responsibilities as a friend...each of which is proving quite detrimental to the other!


  12. #87
    Incredible Member CellarDweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Essex County, NJ
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Wonder Twins #7 hit the stands today!

    Haven't had the chance to read it today, I'll be doing that tomorrow.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •