Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This issue was pure gold. I love the way Baron Nightblood feel from grace, the way Jayne tackled the questions about prisons and what they actually do. A must have.

It was an alright issue, but I'll have to agree with those who didn't find the commentary about the prison system to be very deep or insightful.

Beast Boy was a nice surprise.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

It was a really great issue and Zan had a very decent fight scene.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

According to Bleeding Cool, Comixology released their sales figures.

Wonder Twins #2 finished in the Top 20 (#20) and in the new issues ranking finished at #18.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03...anges-to-come/

Spectacular Member

Apparently some people interpreted Nightwing's joke about tarantulas as a reference to when he was raped. I do not think that was the intention but this can go very wrong.
    Last edited by Krivus; 03-18-2019 at 03:46 PM.

I'm enjoying the series and it's slyness and tongue-in-cheek combo.

The ridiculousness of Scrambler having Lex's direct number, was too silly to not be enjoyable. And I love a good pun in a supervillain's moniker.

Also, I want to know who else has interned with the Justice League? Do the have an Interns Wall of Fame?

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Also, I want to know who else has interned with the Justice League? Do the have an Interns Wall of Fame?

that I would like to see!

How about a post about what the All New Super Friends Hour could've been?

I found a website called Noblemania, and they have a number of posts about The Super Friends. They have pics, and interviews with the writers, production team, and voice actors.

According to what they've found, the original plans for the Wonder Twins were pretty different.

The kids would still be from Exxor, but their look and powers would be very different. Dick (Wonderboy/Zan) would have powers similar to Plastic Man. Jayne (Wondergirl/Jayna) would still be a shape shifter, but would be able to shift into anything. Animals, trees, boulders, whatever she decides.

https://www.noblemania.com/2011/07/s...80s-super.html

After the site opens, click on the link titled "Darrell McNeil, animator" and you'll get a lot of info, and images that go with this image below, describing what the plans were for the show and these characters.

Last edited by CellarDweller; 04-06-2019 at 04:35 PM.

I just got (and finished) Wonder Twins #3.

Another winning issue here.

I don't want to give out any spoilers.....so I'm putting general descriptions behind spoilers. If you don't want to read any information, don't read them.

spoilers:
    We get to meet one of Jayna's friends this issue, Polly. Her father is connected to Luthor, but that's ended by the end of the issue.

We get to see Gleek's past, and it looks like his life will be much happier with Zan.

Really enjoyed Superman's talk with Jayna, and it appears both he and Zan have made impressions upon her by the end of the episode.

The twins *with the help of Gleek* take down more of the League of Annoyance.
    end of spoilers

I really like the way this mini-series is going! I truly hope we see Zan & Jayna in other books after this series is over, this reboot is a success in my eyes.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This third issue is the weakest by now, a repeat of issue 2 without the entertainment of Drunkula.
    Gleek background has been revealed.
    Anyway is still an enjoyable read. I’ll stick around.

Spoilers for issue four, which comes out Wednesday (5/8)

https://insidepulse.com/2019/05/07/d...ssoms-preview/

I really enjoyed this issue, and I have to say, I really enjoy the way they are evolving Zan as a character.

In the cartoon, Zan was a show-off, and Gleek always seemed to get the better of him at the end of the episodes. In the Super Friends comic, Zan was much more subdued, and his personality really didn't differ from Jayna's.

In Wonder Twins, Zan has some of the show off swagger from the cartoon, but it is tempered with a sweetness, and a sense of idealism. His caring for Gleek is a nice touch too!

Jayna's sense of awkwardness is completely believable for someone her age.

One thing that I can't recall them touching on is the psychic bond between the two of them. It had been mentioned, but I don't recall it on display in any of the issues.

Oh, and for those who don't read the new Young Justice, Zan and Jayna got a mention in a panel of issue #5.

Stephanie and Tim are outside the Hall, and Zatanna shows up and says to them "I would let you in, but the Wonder Twins made a -- you know, don't even ask."

LOL
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 05-16-2019 at 06:02 PM.

Astonishing Member

This series has been good, clean fun all around, and I love it!

Glad to see another reader who's liking it. I'm gonna miss it when issue #6 comes out and ends this story.

Zan is quickly becoming a favorite of mine, lol.