Page 37 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

The Loki one isn't going to be a problem - he has his own Disney+ show coming too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Loki one isn't going to be a problem - he has his own Disney+ show coming too.
    That one takes place in an alternate timeline though so it'd be weird if he showed up in the main timeline.

Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

According to this tweet Ms. Marvel will retain her Inhuman origins for Disney+.

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...51269575950336

Disney+ Updates
    @moredisneyplus
    ‘MS. MARVEL’ will reportedly start filming as early as September 2020. Bisha K. Ali will be the showrunner of the series which features the popular New Jerseyan Inhuman, Kamala Khan. With the power to stretch, she takes on the world one step at a time taking after Captain Marvel.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Disney+ Updates
    @moredisneyplus
    ‘MS. MARVEL’ will reportedly start filming as early as September 2020. Bisha K. Ali will be the showrunner of the series which features the popular New Jerseyan Inhuman, Kamala Khan. With the power to stretch, she takes on the world one step at a time taking after Captain Marvel.
    I think they're just using a general description here. I would be very surprised if they kept the Inhuman aspect without changing it up somewhat to downplay the actual Inhumans since they're not part of the core MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Disney+ Updates
    @moredisneyplus
    Where?

I really doubt she'll be an inhuman in the show.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Where?

I really doubt she'll be an inhuman in the show.
    Well the show doesn't come out for another three years, so she's still an inhuman everywhere else for now so the description is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Well the show doesn't come out for another three years, so she's still an inhuman everywhere else for now so the description is correct.
    Okay after reading the tweet 6 or 7 times I finally see the word Inhuman, I honestly kept skipping it in my mind.

Yeah the description is correct for sure. It just doesn't say anything about the show. It's just describing Kamala in general which, like you said, she is an Inhuman. We'll see if that changes once the show airs. My bet is that it will, at least for the show itself. I don't expect the comics to synergize but I would bet on Kamala's stories to conveniently distance her from Inhumans.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Okay after reading the tweet 6 or 7 times I finally see the word Inhuman, I honestly kept skipping it in my mind.

Yeah the description is correct for sure. It just doesn't say anything about the show. It's just describing Kamala in general which, like you said, she is an Inhuman. We'll see if that changes once the show airs. My bet is that it will, at least for the show itself. I don't expect the comics to synergize but I would bet on Kamala's stories to conveniently distance her from Inhumans.
    I think they'll change her. It'll be weird because in cartoons and in the new Avengers video game, she's either been an inhuman and they show her Terrigenisis, or she'll become one. She's had a whole lot more exposure than the Maximoff twins and Molly Hayes, so it 'll be weirder when they do de-inhumanize her.

Astonishing Member

If they do change her, I don't think they'll ever say what she is, keeping it ambiguous. The Maximoff twins were different due to movie rights issues getting in the way. Kamala's situation isn't anywhere near that level of red tape that needs getting around in order to have use of her in the MCU. They already laid the foundation with the Krees, opting out the name Inhuman and perhaps terrigenesis from her origins series won't be as drastic as what they did to Wanda and Pietro.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    If they do change her, I don't think they'll ever say what she is, keeping it ambiguous. The Maximoff twins were different due to movie rights issues getting in the way. Kamala's situation isn't anywhere near that level of red tape that needs getting around in order to have use of her in the MCU. They already laid the foundation with the Krees, opting out the name Inhuman and perhaps terrigenesis from her origins series won't be as drastic as what they did to Wanda and Pietro.
    That's her origin. It's like never mentioning Spider-Man's spider bite. People are acting like it's worse than Wanda and Pietro's former situation and that the word inhuman can never be uttered ever again in a Feige lead property. We wouldn't be having this discussion if people didn't think it was forbidden.

Astonishing Member

As far as i know it's not forbidden. There's no legal recourse if they mention Inhumans or anything related. It's the fans that are merely making a mountain out of a mole hill because of failed show.

Preview for the final issue of Marvel Team Up.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...vel-team-up-6/

Apparently the writer got his Law and Order series confused. Kamala refers to the show and Lt Benson - but Benson is from Law and Order Special Victims Unit, which doesn't follow the standard Law and Order formula of police and court (it's mostly police, investigating sex crimes).

And here's the preview for Fearless #3.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-3/
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-21-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    As far as i know it's not forbidden. There's no legal recourse if they mention Inhumans or anything related. It's the fans that are merely making a mountain out of a mole hill because of failed show.
    They sure are, but it's practically forbidden since they aren't a part of the MCU. MCU television=Disney Plus now, not everything else. Some people still think Marvel made Wanda and Pietro inhumans.

People are insecure about the Inhumans place in the MCU because people saw them replacing the x-men. The whole Inhumans vs X-men era didn't really help PR-wise. Plus the fact that inhumans got dropped as a movie and turned it into a tv show made people interpret it as writing on the tea leaves.

I got into the inhumans through the push so i don't mind playing with Kamala's inhuman heritage more. Im cool with having her teamup with Gorgon or Reader instead of Wolverine.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-21-2019 at 08:01 AM.