Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Kamala Khan: The Marvelous Ms. Marvel Appreciation 2019!

Well, that 2018 thread didn't last very long, unlike 2018 itself which seemed to last forever. Anyway, 2019, and new appreciation thread!

Past threads:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...)-Appreciation

2019 really seems like it's gonna be a new era for her. Departure of Wilson, arrival of Ahmed, series relaunch, her own adjective, official leadership of Champions, undoubtedly more appearances in games and cartoons, the list goes on. And that's just what we really know is coming, as there's the continuous speculation on a few other things, namely that Captain Marvel's movie is coming up, and Kevin Feige's MCU plans for her are still up in the air...

Soon it will be a full five years since Kamala's first official appearance! Let's all hope for a fruitful and embinggened 2019 for her!

Should really have called her Magnificent, not Marvelous, in the thread title. That's the adjective that'll be on her solo comic, after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Should really have called her Magnificent, not Marvelous, in the thread title. That's the adjective that'll be on her solo comic, after all.
    Oh dang, my bad, really not operating on all cylinders with my post-holiday withdrawal. If it can be changed that would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking back on her runs so far across her solo title and team books, I think the only disappointing thing I've seen her in was ANAD Avengers, and even then she herself wasn't bad or poorly written, the book itself was rather underwhelming. And as far as media appearances go, I maintain that Future Avengers is the best interpretation we have of her so far, even if it does seem to be aping anime cliches and storytelling tropes.

Yeah, can somebody be kind enough to adjust the thread title to "Magnificent Ms. Marvel"?
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is a book that stands out immediately. Where I live is predominantly Muslim, and I often see how Muslim household looks like in local shows or whenever I visit someone, but I never saw one in american entertainment.

So when I saw Kamala's home life, it feels like home. I know this. The way they speak, the interior decorations, the family variation between the religious and non religious... even Kamala thirsting after "infidel meat"... I've seen it in real life. It was quite surreal because it's something I never thought I'd see in an american medium.

Happy New Year to Ms. Marvel .

(I prefer Marvelous to Majestic, personally).

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    This is a book that stands out immediately. Where I live is predominantly Muslim, and I often see how Muslim household looks like in local shows or whenever I visit someone, but I never saw one in american entertainment.

So when I saw Kamala's home life, it feels like home. I know this. The way they speak, the interior decorations, the family variation between the religious and non religious... even Kamala thirsting after "infidel meat"... I've seen it in real life. It was quite surreal because it's something I never thought I'd see in an american medium.
    It helps that her book has always been written by a Muslim. It was always going to be tough to follow G Willow Wilson, but Saladin Ahmed should be able to keep up the consistency and accuracy of the cultural stuff while taking the action in a new direction. The fact we can trust him in that respect is one less thing to worry about.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

And he says Bruno is his boy and he would never forget about him. So some of the supporting cast will be there. Hope he doesn’t forget about Nakia, Zoe, or Mike either.

Everyone should stick around. Look at Spider-Man. The only major character missing is Goldballs - who we can probably just assume got pulled out of school after he was shot in Champions #24.

Everyone should stick around. Look at Spider-Man. The only major character missing is Goldballs - who we can probably just assume got pulled out of school after he was shot in Champions #24.
    There's a character called Goldballs? XD
    Eh I shouldn't laugh. My favorite character is Dick.

https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/108237783704107417

This makes me feel some emotion and I DON'T WANT IT.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Yeah, from Bendis's Uncanny X-Men. After Secret Wars, Bendis was no longer on X-Men, so he brought Fabio over to Spider-Man. Jim Zub probably knew Saladin Ahmed didn't intend to keep him around, when he wrote that Champions story.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    https://twitter.com/McKelvie/status/108237783704107417

This makes me feel some emotion and I DON'T WANT IT.
    That tweet has been deleted. What's the context of the image?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

A mutant that Bendis created during his X-Men run and then transferred over into Miles' book when that run ended.

Looking forward to Saladin's run here.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Yeah, from Bendis's Uncanny X-Men. After Secret Wars, Bendis was no longer on X-Men, so he brought Fabio over to Spider-Man. Jim Zub probably knew Saladin Ahmed didn't intend to keep him around, when he wrote that Champions story.

That tweet has been deleted. What's the context of the image?
    Variant cover for issue #37.

Yeah, from Bendis's Uncanny X-Men. After Secret Wars, Bendis was no longer on X-Men, so he brought Fabio over to Spider-Man.
    His name is Fabio?! XD

*browse* Oh okay he doesn't look at all like I thought. I imagine romance novel model Fabio in all gold tights and his long golden hair flowing in the wind like an annoying version of Apollo from The Authority XD