Page 31 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Will it be set in the MCU? Carol doesn't really have a presence on Earth unless she spent most of the 5yr timeskip on Earth and got a personality change because she doesn't come off as someone that I see inspiring Kamala or anyone else.

"Because if we can't save Spider-Man, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge him and Inhumans on TV at the same time." - Robert Downey Jr., Zodiac (2008)
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    unless she[...] got a personality change because she doesn't come off as someone that I see inspiring Kamala or anyone else.
    LOOOL. The thousand of teenage girls who love Captain Marvel say otherwise. If anything MCU Carol is much more of a ~inspiring the kids~ superhero than comics Carol.

Hope we get a Bruno!

Will it be set in the MCU? Carol doesn't really have a presence on Earth unless she spent most of the 5yr timeskip on Earth and got a personality change because she doesn't come off as someone that I see inspiring Kamala or anyone else.
    Kamala will probably make up the Ms. Marvel name herself without Carol, seeing it instead as her tribute to all superheroes.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I'm going to both wait and see and believe it when it's official beyond the Hollywood Reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Live-action. Pass
    I mean, they've been teasing her appearing in the MCU for a while now. I'm just glad it's a series instead of a movie since that lends itself better to the type of stories Kamala has.
    I would not be surprised if Carol spent some time on Earth helping with the Snap fallout before she went back into space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    "Because if we can't save Spider-Man, you can be damn well sure we'll avenge him and Inhumans on TV at the same time." - Robert Downey Jr., Zodiac (2008)
    Peter and Kamala being peers in age was weird enough on Marvel's Spider-Man anyways.

But she's probably going to have a different origin here, I imagine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    LOOOL. The thousand of teenage girls who love Captain Marvel say otherwise. If anything MCU Carol is much more of a ~inspiring the kids~ superhero than comics Carol.
    I think he was talking in-universe, although we did see Monica was a big fan of Superhero Carol, but she felt different from the Carol The Avengers worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was talking in-universe, although we did see Monica was a big fan of Superhero Carol, but she felt different from the Carol The Avengers worked with.
    I know. My point is that if teenage girls irl can love and be inspired by Captain Marvel, and comics Carol has done much more messy stuff in the comics and Kamala still loved her, there's no reason she would need a "personality change" for Kamala to be inspired by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Kamala will probably make up the Ms. Marvel name herself without Carol, seeing it instead as her tribute to all superheroes.
    Since shes writes fanfic, maybe she'll named herself after a small company in the MCU called Marvel comics lol

I know. My point is that if teenage girls irl can love and be inspired by Captain Marvel, and comics Carol has done much more messy stuff in the comics and Kamala still loved her, there's no reason she would need a "personality change" for Kamala to be inspired by her.
    Little girls being excited about a movie that focuses on a female hero is different than the character them self being an inspiration. MCU Shuri is a much better example of this. In universe Carol hasn't been on earth long enough to establish a presence that inspires Kamala or anyone else for that matter. It'd make more sense that she's inspired by the heroes in general.

While you're all celebrating the news about live action Kamala, here's the preview for Team-Up #5:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...eam-up-2019-5/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Nobody wants to give there thoughts on what Ahmed may have meant by saying that for us who are thrilled the story won’t be what we expect. I’m assuming it’s not going to be good for us that are thrilled.

BANNED

Everyone worry about whether carol has established herself enough or not, you're overthinking it.

Here's how it's gonna go: Carol shows up to earth once in a while "Sup I'm cool, goodbye other planets need me"
    Kamala goes "Wow you're cool... im gonna dress up like you and write fanfic about you and people you know"

No but really is there some deeper reason kamala likes carol?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I would be far more concerned about them probably ignoring her Inhuman origins and the likely outcome of that being shifted into the comics. Kamala gives Marvel the best chance for a fresh start at the Inhumans in the MCU and hopefully maybe even the decision to ignore the ABC show and give them a proper movie. I want my adorable Ms Marvel and Lockjaw hugs!

If they change her origin, maybe change it so she gets kidnapped by the Kree, and experimented on, which is how she gets her powers. She then uses her new powers to free some other prisoners and escape (similar to Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors, except that she already had her powers before they nabbed her in that). It would later be revealed that several of her villains got their powers the same way.

The comics wouldn't need to change anything - they're already utilising her Kree genetics anyway, it's why she was able to acquire her new suit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman