Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 ... LastLast

That was confirmed a couple of episodes ago. How do you think Miles got her number?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was confirmed a couple of episodes ago. How do you think Miles got her number?
    I thought he just swung by Avengers Tower to see her originally.

Art by David Yardin, to promote the Avengers video game.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Art by David Yardin, to promote the Avengers video game.
    I guess AIM grunts still look like beekeepers, but it just doesn't feel the same...

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/10/...?sf110997705=1
    So Crystal Dynamics says the biggest reason for picking Kamala are the fan girl and because being a new character lets them get all original with the story. I guess that means don't expect a faithful to the book kamala.

Being a fangirl is faithful to the book, and so is her joining the Avengers...

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    So Crystal Dynamics says the biggest reason for picking Kamala are the fan girl and because being a new character lets them get all original with the story. I guess that means don't expect a faithful to the book kamala.
    I'm curious if Kamala as a teen Avenger will continue to be a thing moving forward.

That depends. No adaptations have used the Champions yet. Introducing them would be the alternative to having Kamala be an Avenger. Marvel Rising, of course, takes a third option, using a version of the Secret Warriors instead. There's also the possibility that the Champions will disband at some point (they're still together currently despite their book being cancelled) and Kamala will rejoin the Avengers in the comics. And the MCU may well use her as a Young Avenger.

Well, this game has been in the works since 2015-6 so I can see we're gonna likely get No Normal Kamala with some additions.

ANAD Avengers was recent when she joined the cartoon team too, I think it's only a matter of time before something uses her on a team of teens instead. If Facebook game Avengers Alliance had still been around, I'm sure that would've been using a more up to date status quo by now (I can imagine them doing a Champions themed Spec Op with Viv Vision as the reward hero - the newest hero they'd introduced before the game closed was Jane Foster as Thor, who was stated to be from the future. They were also doing an Incursions storyline, so I'm sure Secret Wars would've been next - instead the final incursion destroyed the world) as their lead time was short enough that they could tie-in to new movies and comics.

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Most modern adaptations are pretty loose and take liberties anyway so I try not to be too precious.

Plus this isnt the first time she's debuted as an avenger.

Solicits tomorrow!

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #11
    SALADIN AHMED (W) • MINKYU JUNG (A) • Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    As a monster of Ms. Marvel’s own making wreaks havoc across New Jersey, Kamala’s father clings desperately to life in the hospital. When Kamala is forced to choose between her heroic duties and her heart, which will win out?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Ahmed upping the drama...

It's a dumb situation. Sure, Kamala can't be in two places at once... so wouldn't it be smart to call in a Champion or two to take care of that monster so that she can be at the hospital?