Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Early Kamala appearances are already selling for substantially more on eBay than they were a few days ago. Most notably the All-New Marvel Point One, her retroactive first appearance in Captain Marvel, and of course the first issue of her original book. I wonder where the values will stabilize at, Miles Morales first appearance continues to fluctuate greatly after his movie.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Kamala is one of Spidey's Amazing Friends, coming soon to Disney Junior.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/mar...or-1203310857/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    very nice. hopefully the show will be fun and relatively lighthearted.
    Hopefully it's fun, but the character's problem is that she had always been too light and airy for a Marvel character. So much so that she feels more like a DC comics character sometimes. The character needs some substance. Everyone keeps trying to compare her to Spider-Man....well let's see some pain and angst.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Honestly, I'm excited and worried and curious all at once. I liked that she has both a Disney+ show and a presence in the movies.

I can see her popping up in House of X more than Power of 10 but I'm probably wrong. I thought about the Inhumans popping up in Power of 10 as an anecdotal reference during the 1000 year time period. The future society might find similarities between the Inhuman society of the past and current society.

The Avengers game has a 5-year time skip between the demo and the rest of the game so I'm curious how she'll be used. It's inconclusive if she gets her powers in the demo itself or if they are going to stick with her being an inhuman or probably change it/keep it vague.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-24-2019 at 09:50 AM.

I don't think the demo is what we saw in the trailer. She gets her powers, then she brings the team back together, simple. The same crisis that got her her powers likely also created some villains.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Other stuff happening for Kamala in media is another Marvel Rising special, Battle of the Bands, and being one of the announced characters to guest star in the upcoming Disney Junior series Spidey and his Amazing Friends.
    I'm not expecting her to get as much screentime though, like with the last Ghost Spider Marvel Rising special (which was kind of weird given her connection to one of the main villains).
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    What interests me is how they explain her Inhuman origins. If done correctly Feige can introduce the Inhumans into the MCU proper (imo the abc shows don't count) and open the door for another entire group of super-powered individuals along-side the Eternals and eventually mutants.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's linked to Kree experimentation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kamala is one of Spidey's Amazing Friends, coming soon to Disney Junior.
    https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/mar...or-1203310857/
    I wonder if she'll be voiced by Kathreen Khavari here.

Sizzle reel of D23 is making its way around and I saw the official Feige announcement. Aside from pronouncing her name wrong, yeah he did indeed say that she would appear in the films after being introduced in her show. Sure banking on people wanting to buy the service.

There was an article in The Sun newspaper today about the D23 announcements:
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...black-panther/
    Ms Marvel

Captain Marvel’s pal and first Muslim superhero...plus TV series for others

MARVEL will be getting its first Muslim super heroine Ms Marvel on both television and films.

Studio president Kevin Feige announced that the shape-shifting character will have her own TV series on Disney’s new streaming channel.

By day Ms Marvel is Kamala Khan, a 16-year-old daughter of Pakistani immigrants living in Jersey City and knows Captain Marvel, who was played by Brie Larson in this year’s cinematic hit.

The character will then be introduced into as-yet- unannounced Marvel movies.

Other comic book heroes who will get their own shows on the Disney Plus channel, which launches in the UK next year as a rival to Netflix, include She-Hulk and Moon Knight.

Moon Knight is a former CIA agent with a multiple personality disorder – Disney’s first superhero with a mental health condition.

On screens: Still in development.

Marvel is mixing it up and plan to bring us a Muslim superhero and a superhero with mental health issues

I'm surprised y'all didn't freak out with her shiptease with Dante in the Marvel Rising shorts.

Apparently Thor is in her top 5... top 3 favorite superheroes.

I ended up watching the Civil War arc in Avengers Assemble s3 last night. The Avengers split over registering the Inhumans by the government. They played up her naive fangirl aspects and had her be in over her head. Granted her sucker punching HULK during the avengers brawl was fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 08-31-2019 at 08:04 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Hopefully it's fun, but the character's problem is that she had always been too light and airy for a Marvel character. So much so that she feels more like a DC comics character sometimes. The character needs some substance. Everyone keeps trying to compare her to Spider-Man....well let's see some pain and angst.
    Compared to the other Marvel comics at the time Ms. Marvel was more of a breath of fresh air. I’m glad that she was a bit more lighthearted and simple. She has a different take on the Peter Parker take on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I wonder if she'll be voiced by Kathreen Khavari here.
    Having just finished Ultimate Alliance 3, yep she's voiced by Khavari in this game too. I think it's a fair bet that Khavari is Kamala's default voice in every piece of non-live action media now, unless you're related to LEGO. Amusingly, Ashly Burch, her first LEGO voice, was in the game as another character.

As for the "pain and angst" of the character, I feel that we've been getting that but more low key. May be brought up more with the current story, but I like the angle they're going with her of it being less pronounced, or not going on full whiny pain and angst that Parker unfortunately would be saddled with to the point of annoyance.

Frontier was asking about that Spidey cartoon. Though I'm sure she'll be voiced by Khavari in that too.

I just need her and Bruno to at least Kiss soon. I’m not naive enough to think they’ll actually date. But I have to say I’ve been lucky he’s been in most of the marvel team up issues!

Amazing Member

Who here has watched Inhumans or Agents of Shield? Do you think/want her upcoming TV show to share a connection between those two shows? Could the Inhumans be redeemed through her? If her show ignores AOS and Inhumans, how would her origin have to be altered for the MCU? Let me know what you think, and as always, Praise be Feige.