Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Not really, as only three of the Champions are in the Rising cast - Kamala, Patriot, and Ironheart.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I meeting Ahmed tomorrow at his signing in Dearborn. You know I’m going to let it be known how much I love Bruno and Kamala. He’s liked my tweets about me being there. I’m nervous on what to ask because they really can’t say much of anything. So I’ll just tell him know how much Kamala and Bruno mean to me and please don’t Gwen Stacey him.

Also, I doubt she’s aged at all. I think he’ll still have her as 16 regardless. Marvel obviously doesn’t care that it makes no sense.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-12-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not really, as only three of the Champions are in the Rising cast - Kamala, Patriot, and Ironheart.
    Maybe not in roster, but I think they have similar feels and are aimed at the same demographics.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    I meeting Ahmed tomorrow at his signing in Dearborn. You know I’m going to let it be known how much I love Bruno and Kamala. He’s liked my tweets about me being there. I’m nervous on what to ask because they really can’t say much of anything. So I’ll just tell him know how much Kamala and Bruno mean to me and please don’t Gwen Stacey him.

Also, I doubt she’s aged at all. I think he’ll still have her as 16 regardless. Marvel obviously doesn’t care that it makes no sense.
    Ask him if he's on the Zoe Zimmer Protection Squad!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ask him if he's on the Zoe Zimmer Protection Squad!
    I’ll bring up how CBR has a community that loves Kamala.

I dig Zoe as well. I read an interview he did with a local place and he mentioned how the supporting cast is def one of the things the first arc showcases so that gives me a little hope.

http://www.pressandguide.com/lifesty...aa603f4da.html

“In his first story arc, Ahmed wants to familiarize new readers by reintroducing Kamala, her home base in Jersey City, NJ, and her supporting cast, which is an integral part of her story.”

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post

Did you read that Newsarama interview I linked to? He talks about the transition from teenager to young adult. The only way her being 16 now would make sense is if they retconned her to be 14 when she debuted.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Woof, man what a start to this new era. Felt new and familiar in a number of ways and I was most definitely at the edge of my seat at certain pages and moments. Next issue can't come soon enough.

Wonder what happened between her and Bruno!

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Gave the first issue a shot, enjoyed it very much. Good to know that the character will be in good hands.

EDIT: I'm a little peeved that buying the physical copy, and redeeming the code didn't net me the director's cut content. I can appreciate that material, and would have gotten it if I had just purchased the issue on comixology.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 03-13-2019 at 10:30 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Spoilers aside, I noticed a couple of interesting things. One, it's the day after the start of school, which means this is set at the same time as Champions #24 (which covered a couple of weeks, including the first day of school).

And two, the director's cut digital edition has a cover sketch showing the issue number as 31 (LGY#50) instead of 1 (LGY#58). Was Willow originally meant to leave earlier? It may be that this run was supposed to start at the same time as Ahmed's Miles Morales run, which seemingly starts immediately after Champions #24 - and also wasn't originally meant to be a relaunch.

Man, they weren't lying when they teased the ending of first issue. The series had a really great start.

Newsarama's review:
    https://www.newsarama.com/44298-best...-marvel-1.html

Not a glowing review unfortunately, they criticised the art for losing the unique style of the old run. I see they made the same mistake as in this thread's title, four times out of six namechecks they called it Marvelous instead of Magnificent.

Here is my tweet on me meeting Ahmed.

https://twitter.com/slicknickshady/s...208138242?s=21

Basically the way Ahmed put it.. Bruno and Kamala have to clean up the mess so to speak in issue 2. Of course he said no spoilers which I was never gonna even ask for but followed it with that info i just gave. Which yeah.. Obviously. Bruno is the only one that knows about these creatures.

Also, I do wonder what Kamala meant by she wasn’t the only one keeping secrets.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-13-2019 at 04:09 PM.

very good first issue. we'll see what happens next. nice basic introduction of her origins and her parents and a couple of her friends.

spoilers:
    I'm guessing "what happened yesterday" was most likely a kiss or an almost-kiss but then again it could something completely out of left field.
    end of spoilers