Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

so has Kamala consulted with any of the Pym-adjacent folks on growing and shrinking? Obviously her powers are not Pym particles but anyway, just to have a general reference.

No - which is really surprising, considering Nadia is a Champion!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Yea, I’m gonna miss Nico Leon and the others as artists. I looked up what other issues Minkyu Jung has drawn for other series aaaand....to me it doesn’t look that appealing? It doesn’t look very young and vibrant like The way Nico or Takeshi draws.
    Looks more like your run of the mill gritty realistic comic book feel of every other marvel hero.
    I hope I’m wrong and Minkyu draws her different than I think he will.
    How do YOU GUYS think he’ll draw kamala? (The cover doesn’t help since different artists do the cover all the time)

Also, on the topic of artists....I’m also not a fan of the new champions artist (>_<
    The style just doesn’t pop out of the page to me like it did with the original artist
    The facial expressions just look plain ugly sometimes.

So, I'm guessing this is going to be Kamala getting shifted through time and space, though not with any control as of yet and so she's in for a very weird trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No - which is really surprising, considering Nadia is a Champion!
    Wilson generally ignores all other books, so as far as she is concerned, Kamala never met Nadia in her life.

With any luck, Ahmed will make the book stop pretending it's in a bubble and have it get with the rest of Marvel continuity.
    Last edited by Myetche; 01-19-2019 at 05:04 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

He will. Jim Zub's working closely with him to ensure Champions, Ms Marvel, and Spider-Man remain in sync (he does likewise with Ironheart and Wasp writers Eve Ewing and Jeremy Whitley too).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I doubt anything major happens with her and Bruno in either 37 or 38.

It’s sad if it dies turn into the other marvel books imo.

Kamala won't just be written by Eve Ewing in issue 38. She's also the new writer of Marvel Team-Up - starring Kamala and Peter Parker Spider-Man! Based on the logo, it's Kamala who's the primary star.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ril-ms-marvel/

EDIT: And that's confirmed with further info from marvel.com
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-up-this-april

Last edited by Digifiend; 01-22-2019 at 11:28 AM.

Oh no! Looks like tragedy is hitting our magnificent girl...

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #2

SALADIN AHMED (W)

MINKYU JUNG (A)

Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH

VARIANT COVER BY AFU CHAN

* Ms. Marvel is reeling from a devastating loss, but with an alien invasion ravaging Jersey City, she's not going to have much time to grieve!

* Even if Kamala saves her hometown, will her family ever be the same? And what's all this business about a "Chosen One"?

32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL TEAM-UP #1

EVE L. EWING (W)

JOEY VAZQUEZ (A)

Cover by STEFANO CASELLI

Variant Cover by PACO MEDINA

Variant Cover by TODD NAUCK

THE CLASSIC MARVEL TEAM-UP RETURNS!

* After a science demonstration at Empire State University goes awry, Ms. Marvel and Spider-Man find themselves tangled up in the same chaotic adventure. Is it destiny? Or disaster?!

* Eve L. Ewing (IRONHEART) and Joey Vazquez (SPIDER-GEDDON) team up for the first thrilling arc of a mind-bending and magnificent new series!

32 pages, $3.99.

SHURI #7

VITA AYALA (W)

PAUL DAVIDSON (A)

Cover by KIRBI FAGAN

GUEST-STARRING MILES MORALES AND MS. MARVEL!

When it looks like an enemy of Wakanda has left a signature behind in America, Princess Shuri heads overseas to investigate. But she's not the only hero on the case. With New York City and New Jersey on the line, there's no way Miles Morales and Kamala Khan are sitting this one out. Guest creative team Vita Ayala and Paul Davidson take Shuri on a star-studded adventure!

32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL RISING #2

NILAH MAGRUDER (W)

ROBERTO DI SALVO (A)

Cover by AUDREY MOK

Variant Cover by Savanna Ganucheau

THE MAGICAL KINGDOM OF JERSEY! Morgan Le Fay has invaded New Jersey! Or should we say...NEW CAMELOT?! And under her mind-twisting rule, the citizens are going crazy! But Ms. Marvel and Squirrel Girl are not about to watch the local bodegas turn into potion-dealing apothecaries. Luckily, they've got a few friends to help them out: Spider-Man Miles Morales and Inhuman Inferno! And when former S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Daisy Johnson joins the case, they're sure to have Morgan on the ropes. Unless, of course, she sends a GIANT HORDE OF MONSTERS AFTER THEM?! Okay, this looks worse than we thought...

32 pages, $3.99.

CHAMPIONS #4

JIM ZUB (W), STEVEN CUMMINGS (A)

Cover by KIM JACINTO

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY KHOI PHAM

* Miles Morales...what have you done?

* The Champions reach a crossroads as dark forces lay their claim.

32 pages, $3.99.

MS. MARVEL VOL. 5 HC

Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, SALADIN AHMED, HASAN MINHAJ & RAINBOW ROWELL

Penciled by NICO LEON, ELMO BONDOC, GUSTAVO DUARTE & BOB QUINN

Cover by SARA PICHELLI

G. Willow Wilson bids a fond farewell to Kamala Khan as her sensational five-year MS. MARVEL run comes to a close! But where is our heroine? Kamala has vanished, but Jersey City still has a need for heroes! The city's newest crimefighter, Red Dagger, and even ordinary citizens attempt to carry on the brave fight in Ms. Marvel's honor. But when an old enemy re-emerges, will anyone be powerful enough to truly carry the legacy -- except Kamala herself? Plus: Calamity strikes during a slumber party! Bruno returns! And he and Kamala must work out how to be friends again! What better way than a little scientific research into Kamala's powers? But when the experiment goes awry, can Ms. Marvel pull herself together in time to triumph over a classic Marvel villain? Collecting MS. MARVEL (2015) #25-38.

320 pages, $34.99.

CHAMPIONS: BECAUSE WE STILL NEED HEROES GN-TPB

Written by MARK WAID

Penciled by HUMBERTO RAMOS

Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS

Because the world still needs heroes, they are...the Champions! In the wake of the second superhuman Civil War, the three youngest Avengers -- Ms. Marvel, Nova and Spider-Man -- quit the team and strike out on their own! With Viv Vision and the Totally Awesome Hulk by their side, these young heroes are determined to change the world their own way -- and they're only the beginning! Their ideas quickly become their ideals, and soon the time-traveling young Cyclops joins their movement -- but not all of his new teammates are glad to see him! Hopefully the Champions can sort out their differences in time to face down their new rivals, the Freelancers, and help overthrow Hydra's Secret Empire! Collecting CHAMPIONS (2016) #1-12.

312 pages, $12.99.

Kamala won't just be written by Eve Ewing in issue 38. She's also the new writer of Marvel Team-Up - starring Kamala and Peter Parker Spider-Man! Based on the logo, it's Kamala who's the primary star.

That first cover with Ms. M and Web Head is glorious and so beautifully colored.
    The 2nd by ...Pacheco maybe? Also beautiful but....I'm always put off when folks draw Ms. M's dress SO form fitting and tight like a sultry lounge singer's.

No, Paco Medina. It's one of the variants mentioned in the solicit.

Oh no! Looks like tragedy is hitting our magnificent girl...
    This ain't Wilson writing anymore, that's for sure.

WOW ! Beautiful covers !
    I really really like the 1st one because it reminds me of the first Kamala Team-up ever: Yep, the one with Peter at Edge of Spiderverse !
    I loved that story, and I cant wait for this book to hit the shelves already :P

I like the 2nd cover quite a lot too ! Showing Kamala in front of the main heroes, feels so great, as it kind of acknowledges her heroic road so far, and relevance to the MU since her introduction 5 years ago.
    5 years.. I still have her 1st issue around here.. time sure flies !

I think those heroes will be her other partners after Peter's arc is done.

As long as it’s not Bruno dying I’m good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    As long as it’s not Bruno dying I’m good.
    My money's on Aamir.