Page 28 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

I like Ahmed but Wilson was groundbreaking. I’m just thankful that the possibility of a Kamala and Bruno relationship hasn’t been killed.

Amazing Member

Yea champions just...blew it. Lol
    The art isn’t helping either, I feel like its become pretty stiff and the story isn’t really so engaging at the moment.
    Not sure it was a good idea going this dark or serious. Let the kids have some fun, they’re friggin KIDS!

We should get the preview for next weeks Magnificent Ms Marvel soon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    Yea champions just...blew it. Lol
    The art isn’t helping either, I feel like its become pretty stiff and the story isn’t really so engaging at the moment.
    Not sure it was a good idea going this dark or serious. Let the kids have some fun, they’re friggin KIDS!
    zub took a risk, but expanding the roster was a bit.. iffy. I was super into the core group dynamics but then you end up with a big flow of new characters, some of which you may not know all that well, with the basic group dynamic still going on. I sort of managed with Digi giving me the cliffnotes and then checking the older issues a bit more. Like initially I wasn't super into snowguard, but then the annual came and I was in love.

There's the mephisto storyline which i was interested in, but i knew some people who didn't like being reminded of OMD and giving miles more of peter's beats so that was a lil issue too

though I did like Nova a lot more here.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez. What happened?

Like, the Wilson run was one thing with how long the book had been running, natural sales attrition, people dropping off thanks to Civil War II, but still...
    Kamala seems to have lost momentum floppy wise ever since her title was put on hold because of Secret Wars and pushing her as a member of the All New Avengers hurt her momentum more instead of improving it.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Preview is available. Don’t know what site has it. Just saw pages on twitter. They are really pushing the parents forgot about everything narrative.

Adventures in Poor Taste always has them. In fact, we have double Kamala next week, as she's in Fearless as well.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...t-ms-marvel-6/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-2/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Adventures in Poor Taste always has them. In fact, we have double Kamala next week, as she's in Fearless as well.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...t-ms-marvel-6/
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-2/
    Poor Piledriver looks like he's barely going to fit into that squad car .

The Fearless story is set before Ahmed's run starts, by the way.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Was she in Fearless #1?

No. She'll be in the rest of it though.

Mighty Member

I'm wondering if Kamala will show up in Hickman's Powers/House story. There doesn't seem to be much reference to the Inhumans (unless I missed some stuff, which is very possible, Hickman is DENSE with information and I've only read each issue once) but I think the Champions would have a good chance of being shown, especially in the parts set in the future.

What do yall think? Do you think Kamala and the Champions will show up in a meaningful role? Would you like to see that or would you rather she be left out?

Since the future is 100 years in the future, even the Champions would probably be dead, except for Viv. That's why no known present day superheroes have been shown in that future except for Wolverine.

Unless Dust shows up in the present day story, I don't think Champions will be mentioned at all.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-19-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Since the future is 100 years in the future, even the Champions would probably be dead, except for Viv. That's why no known present day superheroes have been shown in that future except for Wolverine.

Unless Dust shows up in the present day story, I don't think Champions will be mentioned at all.
    I'm predicting that Hickman will show more of the "transition" period as we go forward. I think we'll see more of how we got to the current status quo shown in House #1. That would be an opportunity to see Kamala/the Champions. I agree Dust is by far the most likely Champion to get some panel time. I doubt Champions will reference the whole thing at all in their book though.

Champions is cancelled, remember, only two issues left. And I'd imagine they're set during the latter half of Rosenberg UXM, i.e. before HOXPOX.