Page 30 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She HAS to have aged at least a year, in fact, it should be two... evidence:
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl launched with Doreen as a first year student at ESU - and Kamala's book started earlier. After Secret Wars, she's now a second year. She should in fact have just started her third, because...
    Champions #24 mentions it's the start of a new school year.
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 also mentions the start of a new school year - and it's not the same one, as Champions has yet to use her new costume, so this must take place after Champions #7 (LGY#34).

That means at least two years have happened in-universe in the last five years in the real world. She's certainly a high school senior at this point. They're talking about college, and Miles has a birthday in his next issue - by the same writer. Miles had another birthday in an annual just last year, so I'm pretty sure Kamala's not more than a few months from her own 18th birthday. Wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed's runs on MMM and Miles Morales: Spider-Man both end with them graduating high school.
    Also, though time usually moves quite slowly in the MU, roughly 1 year for every 5 in the real world, there were, according to Marvel, 2 time jumps with Secret Wars. One before the final incursion, and one after the event ended, to sort of massage any post-reconstruction weirdness, both were several months. I know the second one was 8 months, not sure about the first, but in any case, there's a year or more right there, which lines up with the above, most of it just happened off panel.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-21-2019 at 09:31 PM.

I accounted for that - the Secret Wars timeskip is the reason Doreen changed from first year to second year student.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    She looks so good! Can't wait to see her gameplay.

Attachment 85988
    Wow! She looks amazing. Definitely better than Black Widow looked in the first game footage. I hope she's a playable character at some point. The more types of media Kamala Khan shows up in, the better.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Word is she's one of the starter characters.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ms. Marvel vol 9 won an American Book Award.
    https://www.newsarama.com/46625-wils...ook-award.html

Quote Originally Posted by Modamy View Post
    Just finished with issue 6
    spoilers:
    In spite of her parent's memories being erased I thought this was a really solid issue it had the mix of the silliness and drama that I love from Ms. Marvel. I really love Tony being a mentor to Kamala and just being a source of emotional support for her. I hope we could see more interactions like this between the older and newer generation. I still find the new suit a bit over designed but it seems like it will make action scenes a bit more interesting. Although couldn't Kamala do most of the things the suit could do on her own. Shapeshifting was a part of her power set; or has she lost that?
    end of spoilers
    Her suit supplements and increases her own powers, plus has its own high-tech functions. It's like the symbiote to Spider-Man when he first got it, (before it became Venom).

Word is she's one of the starter characters.
    She's actually THE main character and the one who brings the Avengers back together.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

I did watch some YT reaction vids to the footage, and was amused at how all over the place they were on that moment. Some didn't react at all, others remarked that "it's the girl who's supposed to be the main character", a handful right away knew it was Ms. Marvel, and by far my favorite was one who was asking for the Avengers to save Dora the Explorer.

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #9
    SALADIN AHMED (W)
    JOEY VAZQUEZ (A)
    Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    Disaster strikes Ms. Marvel’s family, drawing Kamala and Bruno closer together than ever before. Are these two best friends about to become something more? Or will Kamala’s duties as Ms. Marvel come between them? Brace yourself for a whirlwind issue that will change MS. MARVEL forever!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #9
    SALADIN AHMED (W)
    JOEY VAZQUEZ (A)
    Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH
    Disaster strikes Ms. Marvel’s family, drawing Kamala and Bruno closer together than ever before. Are these two best friends about to become something more? Or will Kamala’s duties as Ms. Marvel come between them? Brace yourself for a whirlwind issue that will change MS. MARVEL forever!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    I imagine this is when her new suit starts causing problems in her life.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    I imagine this is when her new suit starts causing problems in her life.
    Or maybe it already has given the current issue and it’s just building up. Maybe it’s like the Reverse version of the Black Mercy plant or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    She's actually THE main character and the one who brings the Avengers back together.
    I haven't been in love with a lot of the game designs but I'm curious to see how they adapt her Ms. Marvel look.

In costume, I expect that her design will be faithful to her original comic costume except for the minor cosmetic differences you can already see in the trailer footage - the smaller arm band and shorter hair. Maybe the scarf will be altered too - that's probably going to be the hardest part of her to animate.

That solicit put the biggest smile on my face. As I said to Ahmed on twitter... def buying a really nice second copy to get graded. That’s one that deserves it.

Sheesh the hate Bruno is getting on social media made Ahmed basically spoil it saying the story isn’t going where we think it’s going.

All I know is Ahmed now has me really confused if I should even look forward to the issue since the story isn’t going where I think it’s going, makes it seem like it won’t be good for those like me that are thrilled.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 08-23-2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Live-action. Pass