Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 288
  1. #241
    Incredible Member mreddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    993

  2. #242
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Not surprising at all .

    Betting they get Kathreen Khavari back to voice her.

  3. #243
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    OK. I was already planning to get the game, but heck yeah this latest announcement now bumped it up to get it on initial release date instead of later on.
    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel and all her team books

  4. #244
    Astonishing Member Myetche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Not surprising at all .

    Betting they get Kathreen Khavari back to voice her.
    Or they get Ashly Burch from the LEGO Marvel games.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

  5. #245
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    Or they get Ashly Burch from the LEGO Marvel games.
    They're not one-for-one bringing in the cartoon VA's although I think Khavari has a better chance then Burch to be honest.

  6. #246
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    Ok so it turns out that Future Avengers anime was dubbed into English after all, done by Studiopolis, the same company that did Disk Wars.

    http://www.toonbarn.com/marvel/marve...ub-production/

    Unfortunately it seems it once again skipped out airing on TV in the US. And if its meant to air in Asian markets, thats a no go too since I found the episodes online. But at any rate it seems that the first 26 episodes that comprise the first season were dubbed, which of course includes episode 15, the Kamala episode. About to watch it and will give my thoughts.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 05-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.
    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel and all her team books

  7. #247
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Ok so it turns out that Future Avengers anime was dubbed into English after all, done by Studiopolis, the same company that did Disk Wars.

    http://www.toonbarn.com/marvel/marve...ub-production/

    Unfortunately it seems it once again skipped out airing on TV in the US. And if its meant to air in Asian markets, thats a no go too since I found the episodes online. But at any rate it seems that the first 26 episodes that comprise the first season were dubbed, which of course includes episode 15, the Kamala episode. About to watch it and will give my thoughts.
    Yeah, I think there's some clips you can find of it on Youtube.

    I have no idea why they won't air any of the anime's over here.

  8. #248
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    More than likely that, despite them being Marvel productions, they're primarily Japanese focused, what with both of these series featuring and focusing on original characters in the form of viewpoint children. Disk Wars also has that mons-style gimmick to its story, and Future Avengers, while focused more on actual superheroing, still has the heroes and characters we love as secondary.

    From the imdb and general reviews of stuff I've seen, online western reaction to these shows were not pretty, with all of them asking the same question: Why not focus on the actual Marvel characters? Pretty much the only point everyone can agree on the positives of these two shows is the animation, which pretty much blows all modern Marvel cartoon productions out of the water. But yeah, with that kind of uphill battle, it's no wonder they don't want to release them in the US. And with most Asian territories perfectly content to import the US stuff, exposure to the Avengers anime is minuscule at best.
    --------------------------
    Unfortunately because the upload I watched doesn't list any of the English production crew (or its text was never translated in the first place), I couldn't find who voiced Kamala in the FA dub. But finally seeing the episode in English, it's perfectly serviceable. At its core it's basically a truncated, tight and loose adaptation of No Normal, with some things changed here and there or omitted entirely to fit Future Avengers setting. The core of Kamala's introductory character arc of her uncertainty of being a hero, idolization of Captain Marvel, and knowing to be the best version of her is on full display here, except of course her character evolution gets started thanks to Chloe, one of the original OCs of the show.

    I still maintain that among the adaptations of Kamala's story, this is the best one.
    ------------------------------------
    Guess who made it to be on the cover of the heavy quote "landmark" issue of Marvel Comics #1000?

    https://www.newsarama.com/45127-marv...l-history.html

    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel and all her team books

  9. #249
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    15,668

    Default

    Every character there is traced from another cover. In Kamala's case, Champions vol 2 #1 (October 2016).

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I think there's some clips you can find of it on Youtube.

    I have no idea why they won't air any of the anime's over here.
    With Avengers Assemble now cancelled, they're fresh out of excuses. It's time they aired Disk Wars and Future in the US and UK.

    As I understand it, GOTG and the Spider-Man cartoons aired in Japan, but not Avengers Assemble.

  10. #250
    Extraordinary Member Holt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    6,609

    Default


  11. #251
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    C'mon, she would totally know who Ronan is .

    Wish we could hear some voiced lines...

  12. #252
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,506

    Default

    Ms. Marvel's Powers and playable capabilities in Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3... https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/05...ate-alliance-3

  13. #253
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,215

    Default

    Should get #3 preview tomorrow.

  14. #254
    Astonishing Member Xalfrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,546

    Default

    So if the cover of this will be an accurate representation of what's to come in the comic (One can argue it's not given on what exactly the heroes are doing on this), Kamala's off to join the A-Listers in promoting the fun of the most epic and high testosterone of sports: GOLF!

    https://www.newsarama.com/45274-aven...sociation.html



    And I once again can't help but notice that she's doing this while being the only one on this cover that has not been in any movie whatsoever.
    My Pull List: Ms. Marvel and all her team books

  15. #255
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    39,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So if the cover of this will be an accurate representation of what's to come in the comic (One can argue it's not given on what exactly the heroes are doing on this), Kamala's off to join the A-Listers in promoting the fun of the most epic and high testosterone of sports: GOLF!

    https://www.newsarama.com/45274-aven...sociation.html



    And I once again can't help but notice that she's doing this while being the only one on this cover that has not been in any movie whatsoever.
    Points for having Hawkeye in his proper costume .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •