Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Is the new suit really needed? The old one was perfect for her character, as it was clearly and visibly a home-made suit, which is fitting for a teenager with powers trying to be a superhero (instead of a seasoned and veteran superhero, like Iron Man or the FF).

I think she feels that she's established enough now, and is close to graduating high school too (she's just started what is probably her senior year) so when she got this "rad" new suit, she decides it's time for a change and keeps it. It looks like it comes with some new powers too, which might not all be positive (it responds to her thoughts - for example, could she subconsciously attack someone with those scarf blades?)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Preview for Marvel Team-Up #4:
    https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/MAY190875?Prevue=1

spoilers:
    And Kamala's mother no longer knowing her secret is causing her problems. She got grounded for sneaking out, getting her in trouble with Carol for not guarding a Damage Control warehouse! Some Kree tech got swiped.

No comment about the new look, but the setup means Carol probably already saw it off-panel.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I do not understand why Ahmed
    spoilers:
    Erased Ammi's knowing Kamala was Ms. Marvel
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    It's like he saw that she actually has a loving and supportive family and decided "Nope, can't have that", so he's destroying it instead.
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-26-2019 at 09:17 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Niffleheim

It must be boring to be writing about two teens whose superheroing is known by both sets of parents. With Miles he can't erase it because previous writer has delved too much into it but with Kamala's mum is easy to erase because she hasn't had that many stories centered around her knowledge of Kamala's secret identity

Maybe she'll decide to reveal herself to her father voluntarily? Will she really want him dying without knowing the truth? And her mother no longer knowing is already causing her problems. I think Ahmed did it to create drama.

This bit from the recent issue is frustrating. On one hand I can get why they did a 180 on the secret identity thing to get back some potential story opportunities. On the other hand this renders the emotional issues pertaining to the secret identity in past issues moot. And yet it’s not as if there was anything major done with it anyway in the previous run.
    Last edited by Xalfrea; 07-28-2019 at 07:43 PM.

So Kamala's new suit is Kree nanotechnology and appears designed to complement her natural shapeshifting powers. Am I the only one who feels this sounds a little close to Apocalypse (shapeshifter enhanced with alien technology)?

Plus there's this old cover from when they were doing the Age of Apocalypse event.
    MSMARV2015007_APOC_FERRY_VAR.jpg
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-27-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

"Hey, Scott, my fellow Champion, my dear friend! I heard you guys have miracle flowers that cure deseases, as well as omega level healers."

"Begone Huma... Inhum... Not-Mutant Thot!"
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Niffleheim

The Great Machine kind of reminds me of Apocalypse's ship in TAS. (Not 100% sure)

Count me in on also hating the dumb mind wipe that ruins the character development of the past issues. Makes the terminal disease drop for Abu a whole lot less impactful for me. Not to mention the new suit just being used to interact with a ship instead of showing new combat abilities. Really disappointed with this issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    I agree and even the ending twist to that issue to is more of a twist to the knife for her fans that enjoy her good nature life outside the darkness of regular comics.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Picked up today's Marvel Team-Up, and I very much enjoyed it. I generally trade wait with Ms. Marvel, but seeing as how this is the first Marvel comic written by Clint McElroy without his sons I decided to try it. I wasn't displeased at all, and it really goes to show that while his sons inherited his audio talents they only hold him back in print media. This was a fine issue, Clint can really show his skill when he doesn't have to sift through the ramblings of his kids.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 07-31-2019 at 03:40 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

WithOUT his sons. He wrote the recent Journey Into Mystery with them. He's obviously read Life of Captain Marvel and the first five issues of Magnificent Ms Marvel, as events in issue 5 of both books get referenced, so at least he's done some research.

However, there was one notable blunder - the Starfox reference. Nintendo 64 game Star Fox 64 was the one with the Rumble Pak, not the original Star Fox, which was a SNES game. And considering Bruno's age, wouldn't have been more likely to have a Gamecube and the game Star Fox Adventures instead of an N64? The GC would've been released when Kamala and Bruno were toddlers. And Kamala shouldn't have thought Carol was talking about a video game in the first place. Starfox was an Avenger, Kamala should've heard of him.