Page 26 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    WithOUT his sons. He wrote the recent Journey Into Mystery with them. He's obviously read Life of Captain Marvel and the first five issues of Magnificent Ms Marvel, as events in issue 5 of both books get referenced, so at least he's done some research.

However, there was one notable blunder - the Starfox reference. Nintendo 64 game Star Fox 64 was the one with the Rumble Pak, not the original Star Fox, which was a SNES game. And considering Bruno's age, wouldn't have been more likely to have a Gamecube and the game Star Fox Adventures instead of an N64? The GC would've been released when Kamala and Bruno were toddlers. And Kamala shouldn't have thought Carol was talking about a video game in the first place. Starfox was an Avenger, Kamala should've heard of him.
    Typos, they happen. Admittedly that was a pretty glaring one. It has been edited

You're being a little over-exacting with the Star Fox reference. Dropping the "64" isn't exactly a cardinal sin when talking about games for the system, and Bruno is exactly the kind of Seventeen year old who would go to the trouble of tracking down a copy. Probably when he tracked down an N64 which is at least two or three console generations before his time. But admittedly McElroy was probably just referring to the version his son's played.

Why should anyone know who Starfox as an Avenger is? His only relevance is that he's related to Thanos, and has gross powers. Kamala's a fan girl, but I doubt he'd be on her radar.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I feel the same way about her mother not knowing her secret identity anymore. It’s the worst decision Ahmed’s made this run.

Of course I love the fact I was worried over nothing about Cheb. I just worried about why she starts having complicated feelings about Bruno.

Having re-read the final issues of the previous run through the recently bought volume 10 trade, I had forgotten that Kamala's immediate friends still remember her identity. At the very least I'm hoping that Ahmed will keep them remembering the secret identity. Losing that will piss me off a lot more than her parents forgetting.

Cheb will have specifically requested that her parents forget, nobody else. The only one of her friends Cheb knew about was Bruno, but only as her boyfriend, not another secret identity knower.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So been playing Ultimate Alliance 3 and I'm at the X-Men portion of the game, and throughout the game so far the moment I unlocked her, Kamala's been my main. Would swap out the other three part members, but Kamala's my mainstay and highest level character. And amusingly from what I read online, people seem to be in agreement that she's one of the best, if not downright OP, characters in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    So been playing Ultimate Alliance 3 and I'm at the X-Men portion of the game, and throughout the game so far the moment I unlocked her, Kamala's been my main. Would swap out the other three part members, but Kamala's my mainstay and highest level character. And amusingly from what I read online, people seem to be in agreement that she's one of the best, if not downright OP, characters in the whole game.
    Her super kick move synergized with another teammate is unstoppable haha. She's been a mainstay on my team too alongside Gwen and the game has been a blast.

Issue 5 second printing variant:
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...eptember-11th/

Iron Man #126 homage!
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

...The new outfit seems a bit much.

Eh, the new costume is kinda growing on me. Glad to see #5 is sellin' like hotcakes.

Just want to say how much I love Kamala Khan. She is perhaps the best 21st Century (thus far) Marvel Comics character right up there with Miles Morales, IMO. That is all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

what are kamala's favorite bands? does she have musical aspirations?

I don't think that subject has ever come up. She's more likely to be playing video games, writing or reading fanfic, or watching TV than listening to music.

BANNED

How old is she now

I'm pretty sure she's 17 or 18 now like Miles.

BANNED

Cool. So she barely drive then. Havent started the college years yet.