Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She HAS to have aged at least a year, in fact, it should be two... evidence:
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl launched with Doreen as a first year student at ESU - and Kamala's book started earlier. After Secret Wars, she's now a second year. She should in fact have just started her third, because...
    Champions #24 mentions it's the start of a new school year.
    Magnificent Ms. Marvel #1 also mentions the start of a new school year - and it's not the same one, as Champions has yet to use her new costume, so this must take place after Champions #7 (LGY#34).

That means at least two years have happened in-universe in the last five years in the real world. She's certainly a high school senior at this point. They're talking about college, and Miles has a birthday in his next issue - by the same writer. Miles had another birthday in an annual just last year, so I'm pretty sure Kamala's not more than a few months from her own 18th birthday. Wouldn't surprise me if Ahmed's runs on MMM and Miles Morales: Spider-Man both end with them graduating high school.
    Also, though time usually moves quite slowly in the MU, roughly 1 year for every 5 in the real world, there were, according to Marvel, 2 time jumps with Secret Wars. One before the final incursion, and one after the event ended, to sort of massage any post-reconstruction weirdness, both were several months. I know the second one was 8 months, not sure about the first, but in any case, there's a year or more right there, which lines up with the above, most of it just happened off panel.
    Last edited by Raye; 08-21-2019 at 09:31 PM.