Page 21 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Sorry I had Misread it

Quote Originally Posted by mung View Post
    Sorry I had Misread it
    No problem! I’ve done that before. I’m sure everybody has at some point.

I mean you can imply it’s a boyfriend but in her family as she even said.. it’s complicated. She can’t really have a quote on quote Boyfriend. Closest to a boyfriend she’s ever gonna have while she’s still under her parents roof. And it was made clear Bruno is #1 in her heart. So while not boyfriend.. it’s a solid development for Bruno/Kamala.

The only reason it’s not all roses is Kamala thinks her dad cheated and when you have a parent who does that or you at least misunderstand them cheating it can mess with your view of love.

Soon enough it will come to fruition that she misunderstood but as we see in the #7 solicit it won’t in complicate matters cause she’ll find out Abu is likely sick and that will put other issues in her head.

It won’t be easy for Kamala and Bruno but looking better.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Well, sales are back to "normal"

Units Dollars Comic-book Title Issue Price On sale Publisher Est. units

119 127 Magnificent Ms. Marvel 3 $3.99 05/29/19 Marvel 18,386
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...9/2019-05.html
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Though to be fair, Ms Marvel has always done well digitally and in trades, I don't think that will change with the new volume. It's like how Squirrel Girl and Moon Girl sell under 10k a month, but they are pushing 50 issues, due to TPB and Scholastic sales. the direct market numbers aren't everything, especially for books like Ms Marvel

Buy more Wasp trades, you collection consumers! BRAH!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Some books would love 18,000 direct market sales. But yes, Ms. Marvel does better digitally and in trades than most. Large single issue numbers are great, but not everything.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

It's just that before Secret Wars and the title's first relaunch, the title used to have stable 30k sales ratio.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    It's just that before Secret Wars and the title's first relaunch, the title used to have stable 30k sales ratio.
    Yeah, that drop doesn't look good on paper. But a lot of superhero titles have experienced similar drops during the same period. Realistically monthly magazine sales as a whole will continue to shrink. There will be some exceptions but a TPB that sells well does a lot for a title if it manages to survive for a few years as a periodical.

As long as G. Willow Wilson's first trade continues to sell in huge numbers I don't think there's too much to worry about.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

BANNED

I wonder if publicity had to do with it.
    Like I remember stephen colbert talked about Kamala (in a bad way) back in 2013 and that woud've got more publicity. Similarly people like sana amanat were able to get on talk shows to talk a bit more about the character and even showed obama a copy

Was it just the novelty that has now worn off?

but as someone else said, by now she's sold over half a million copies of trades, so maybe one needn't worry about cancellations, after all even scholastic sales are good for this comic (as is for squirrel girl, moon girl etc) so even with low direct to LCS sales they survive
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 06-27-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Face it, the entire Champions line is in the same boat, save for Miles Morales.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Well he is a spider man. That publicity is a never ending well.
    even spider-gwen's doing good from what I remember

Spectacular Member

I think a big chunk of the reason was that Ms Marvel got a dollar price increase around that time, if I remember correctly.

as some have mentioned, all books saw a decrease in that time, and books in general tend to kind of taper off over time, that's why Marvel relaunches, despite people's gripes. I think she's likely safe for a while yet, since she does appeal to that audience that is unaccounted for in the direct market figures, so she may not be quite as popular as before, but i don't think her book is going to be cancelled any time soon

Ha, she goes giant for her super move. Love it. Game will come out soon enough.