Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

That #4 solicit scares me. I mean there has to be an explanation. No way she gets into a romance with that thing before Bruno if she’s in the right frame of mind. She has to be brainwashed!

I mean Kamala Khan has to be brainwashed in The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #4. It’s too random knowing Kamala’s history. There has to be a logical explanation. She wouldn’t jump into a relationship so soon of her own free will.

I mean does Ahmed want to make her totally OOC? It makes no sense.
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-19-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    That #4 solicit scares me. I mean there has to be an explanation. No way she gets into a romance with that thing before Bruno if she’s in the right frame of mind. She has to be brainwashed!

I mean Kamala Khan has to be brainwashed in The Magnificent Ms. Marvel #4. It’s too random knowing Kamala’s history. There has to be a logical explanation. She wouldn’t jump into a relationship so soon of her own free will.

I mean does Ahmed want to make her totally OOC? It makes no sense.
    Thing? That feels like Alien racism. Still 2 words why I don't think Ahmed is doing a brainwashed story line, Marcus Immortus.

But you don't have to worry I don't see this being a long term romance, mostly a story showing Kamala is growing up to let father and is ready to make her own decisions.
    Last edited by Noek; 03-20-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    Thing? That feels like Alien racism. Still 2 words why I don't think Ahmed is doing a brainwashed story line, Marcus Immortus.

But you don't have to worry I don't see this being a long term romance, mostly a story showing Kamala is growing up to let father and is ready to make her own decisions.

Then it’s severely out of character. IMO.

The infamous Avengers #200 involving Carol? That actually got mentioned in Captain Marvel #3.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The infamous Avengers #200 involving Carol? That actually got mentioned in Captain Marvel #3.
    Which one her newest? Haven't had a chance to read it, might get the first volume when it comes out. But ya a whole brain wash love interest victim hits to close to that.

It’s just solicit #3 mentions something is up with the aliens and Kamala wants to find out. So maybe she’s just faking it? Idk.

My point is whatever it is? I just can’t imagine it being a legit romance.

I mean this is someone who isn’t aloud to date.. she’s disobeying her parents who are there with her. I mean she didn’t jump Red Dagger right away. She loves Bruno and has yet to do anything with him that we know of. And in one day she’s head over heals for an alien?

Brainwashing? Blackmail? Faking being interested? I don’t think these are impossible. But we’ll see.

Then again maybe it’s a love at first site thing..
    Last edited by Slicknickshady; 03-20-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Anything that would require her to leave New Jersey or the Champions would be out of character too. Dating an alien potentially means leaving Earth entirely. Not gonna happen.

Which one her newest? Haven't had a chance to read it, might get the first volume when it comes out. But ya a whole brain wash love interest victim hits to close to that.
    Yeah, the one that just got released today.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Maybe the alien stays on earth, uses holo tech. Still I am believing this is a whole they both like each other, but won't work out, but shows her dad she is growing up or something.

Preview for the new Marvel Rising #1.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-rising-1/

So I caught that History Channel documentary two parter Superheroes Decoded again. Even up to now it's still amazing that, when the second part of that talking about the superheroes that break the mold and reflect various changing periods in America, talking about characters like Wonder Woman, Hulk, Black Panther, Falcon, Luke Cage, and Deadpool...the very last one discussed and worthy to be alongside all these big names is Kamala, with Wilson and Amanat as interviewees in that documentary.

Looks like the Wikipedia entry is incomplete then. It only mentions four heroes for each episode, and you just mentioned some they don't.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheroes_Decoded

Bruno was mentioned in Marvel Rising #1. Kamala’s mom mentioned him. Other than that this seems to scream filler series.

Filler series? You're probably right. They bring up what the kids would like to do after they graduate high school. Surely that sort of thing can't be done without Saladin Ahmed's input, since he writes both Kamala's and Miles's solo books? Which is probably why Kamala's completely undecided on the issue. Also, the writer - whose name, Nilah Magruder, I didn't recognise - seems to contradict themself. Kamala says she's an ex-Avenger and a Champion. Then says Miles is someone she teams up with sometimes. It's a bit more than that, since he's an ex-Avenger and a Champion too. Miles later complains that Kamala's only called him about mission related stuff recently. So the writer knows perfectly well he's a Champion.

One major problem though, is that the covers lie. Issue 1's has Spider-Gwen, Captain Marvel and America Chavez on it. Issue 2's also has America. She was in the previous volume, but probably not this one, due to her being in West Coast Avengers. She wouldn't coincidentally bump into them in New York right now! Same goes for Gwen, considering she lives in an alternate universe.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I mean, America Chavez is a teleporter, so she could come easily, but I agree she has no reason to. I wouldn't necessarily call it a filler series, but the tone seemed a bit odd. The fact that they were trying to give the characters a personal life interaction was a nice idea, but we'll see how things are when they kick into high gear next issue.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

No Champions 4 preview yet from the looks of it!