Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Annual preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-annual-1/

OK, I like the Captain Miracle/Scott Kree joke (referencing Mister Miracle). But the art is seriously off model, Kamala's hair is too short.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Bruno is in like everything lately so that’s good! This obviously takes place before this space arc tho!

Well, obviously. It actually establishes that by saying it's summer. Magnificent #1 takes place at the start of the new school year. Also, Kamala will get her new costume next issue (which means Champions, up to at least issue #8 which is still two issues away, is also set before Magnificent #1).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

I thought they were trying out a new hairstyle for kamala.
    Girls switch up hairstyles all the time so I just thought WHOA she got a haircut!
    She looks kinda cute with short hair lol (^^
    What do you guys think? Let the short vs long hair debate begin! Lol

More than likely, the artist used the original concept art (by Jamie McKelvie) instead of looking at any actual comic page featuring Kamala.

Note the question mark where it says short hair... someone obviously decided against it before Ms. Marvel #1 was drawn.

The only other time she's been shown with short hair is on this variant cover for Totally Awesome Hulk #15 (the first issue involving the Protectors team)

As you can see, they totally botched her design on that one, as the thunderbolt is mirrored as well!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-29-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Annual preview:
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...rvel-annual-1/

OK, I like the Captain Miracle/Scott Kree joke (referencing Mister Miracle). But the art is seriously off model, Kamala's hair is too short.
    Basically, he wants to turn Kamala into a living Skrull planet. Sounds interesting, but I imagine her dimension-shifting mass will give Kl'rt an unexpected surprise.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Well, obviously. It actually establishes that by saying it's summer. Magnificent #1 takes place at the start of the new school year. Also, Kamala will get her new costume next issue (which means Champions, up to at least issue #8 which is still two issues away, is also set before Magnificent #1).
    Oh I know. Obviously Kamala and Bruno are just friends in it.

Just read the annual. Kamala complains about changing in a public toilet, and says that A-list heroes like Spider-Man probably have a magic ring (like DC's Flash) or a morpher (like the Power Rangers - it was previously established she's a fan of them as she mentioned the Megazord in Unstoppable Wasp #1). Nothing wrong with that, you'd think, except that she should know perfectly well (since she's friends with Miles) that Spidey just wears his costume under his street clothes... which incidentally, is also what Kamala usually does. A pretty bad mistake, but minor compared to the artist's blunders.

The artist DEFINITELY didn't do the research. Kamala's bobbed hair isn't the only issue. Her mother is shown dressed in a Western style. That's completely out of character.

BANNED

Just read the annual. Kamala complains about changing in a public toilet, and says that A-list heroes like Spider-Man probably have a magic ring (like DC's Flash) or a morpher (like the Power Rangers - it was previously established she's a fan of them as she mentioned the Megazord in Unstoppable Wasp #1). Nothing wrong with that, you'd think, except that she should know perfectly well (since she's friends with Miles) that Spidey just wears his costume under his street clothes... which incidentally, is also what Kamala usually does. A pretty bad mistake, but minor compared to the artist's blunders.

The artist DEFINITELY didn't do the research. Kamala's bobbed hair isn't the only issue. Her mother is shown dressed in a Western style. That's completely out of character.
    she even bodyswapped with pete

To be fair, she doesn't remember that AND it's possible that MTU #1-3 takes place between this annual and Magnificent #1.

Amazing Member

Just read the Annual and maaaan, I wish this art was what I was looking at in regular issues lol

Kamala is complaining about how it's too hot out in the beginning. You really think she's going to dress in layers in that heat, even for superheroic reasons?
    Last edited by Myetche; 07-04-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Are there plans for a solo Ms Marvel video game? Something that can have an extended adventure.

Also.. mild spoilers if you haven't seen Far From Home Yet

Is the female muslim classmate (no lines, near as I could tell) meant to be Nakia?
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 07-07-2019 at 05:31 AM.

Unlikely. It wouldn't make any sense to introduce any of Kamala's friends before Kamala herself. Probably just an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Are there plans for a solo Ms Marvel video game? Something that can have an extended adventure.

Also.. mild spoilers if you haven't seen Far From Home Yet

Is the female muslim classmate (no lines, near as I could tell) meant to be Nakia?
    I wondered that myself for a moment, but I think it's just Marvel having trained our brains to watch out for characters from the comics