Page 32 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

After the last page, glad to see official confirmation. Hoping that a video of the actual panel and announcement will be released soon.

If nothing else, the Hala Star confirms a Carol connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    very nice. hopefully the show will be fun and relatively lighthearted.

Other stuff happening for Kamala in media is another Marvel Rising special, Battle of the Bands, and being one of the announced characters to guest star in the upcoming Disney Junior series Spidey and his Amazing Friends.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNomarch View Post
    Little girls being excited about a movie that focuses on a female hero is different than the character them self being an inspiration. MCU Shuri is a much better example of this. In universe Carol hasn't been on earth long enough to establish a presence that inspires Kamala or anyone else for that matter. It'd make more sense that she's inspired by the heroes in general.
    "Little girls being excited about a movie that focuses on a female hero is different than the character them self being an inspiration"
    Not completely? Kamala is literally the comics version of the average teen fangirl. The only difference is that in the MU it's closer to being a fan of celebrities than movie characters. There's no reason she can't think Captain Marvel is cool and want to be like her.

And Comics Kamala is inspired by heroes in general. But Carol is her favorite. It's more likely gonna be the same in the MCU.

I'm so excited.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

Kevin Feige said at the panel she'll show up in the movies too. She'll be in her Disney + show first then she'll show up in the movies.

Between Avengers PS4 and the Disney+ series, definitely feel we're at the start of the major exposure and awareness of the character. Sure there'll still be haters, but the time is coming soon when people will immediately spot and recognize her on sight, and no longer think she looks like Dora the Explorer.

What’s interesting is this is happening while she’s being in fewer books.

What interests me is how they explain her Inhuman origins. If done correctly Feige can introduce the Inhumans into the MCU proper (imo the abc shows don't count) and open the door for another entire group of super-powered individuals along-side the Eternals and eventually mutants.

Amazing Member

LIVE ACTION!?!? DAMMIT! DAMMIT ALL! DX
    She’s SCREWED! UGH! Give the KID an ANIMATED series so she can go all out without looking like crappy CGI!!
    Dammit, everyone’s gonna hate her now (;___; )
    I’m picturing cringey teen actors and laughable visuals. What’s the live action costume even gonna look like?
    The colors worked in the comic and cartoon because they are comics and cartoons!!
    Please tell me this is gonna at least be directed by someone who can make her look cool and worthy of a movie adaptation?...
    Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a Ms. Marvel cartoon

If anyone has some reasons that can put me at ease about this show,
    Please tell me, I wanna believe this will be a good show. Cause I looked up the director and she doesn’t sound like the fun action type
    Last edited by MarvelManiac; 08-24-2019 at 12:05 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelManiac View Post
    LIVE ACTION!?!? DAMMIT! DAMMIT ALL! DX
    She’s SCREWED! UGH! Give the KID an ANIMATED series so she can go all out without looking like crappy CGI!!
    Dammit, everyone’s gonna hate her now (;___; )
    I’m picturing cringey teen actors and laughable visuals. What’s the live action costume even gonna look like?
    The colors worked in the comic and cartoon because they are comics and cartoons!!
    Please tell me this is gonna at least be directed by someone who can make her look cool and worthy of a movie adaptation?...
    Sorry for the rant, I just wanted a Ms. Marvel cartoon

If anyone has some reasons that can put me at ease about this show,
    Please tell me, I wanna believe this will be a good show. Cause I looked up the director and she doesn’t sound like the fun action type
    after 10 years, how many times MCU let you down with super hero costume design ? Except Cap A1

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    What’s interesting is this is happening while she’s being in fewer books.
    Sure, she's only in her solo in November, but I would expect more Rising comics and she'll surely be included in next year's teen team relaunch, whether or not it's still called Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Between Avengers PS4 and the Disney+ series, definitely feel we're at the start of the major exposure and awareness of the character. Sure there'll still be haters, but the time is coming soon when people will immediately spot and recognize her on sight, and no longer think she looks like Dora the Explorer.
    They only thought that because Dora happens to have a movie out right now, and the game gave Kamala shorter than usual hair, presumably for technical reasons (if it was past her shoulders like in the comics, it could clip into her body when she uses her powers).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman