Page 34 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Inhumans will definitely be ignored, it's canon discontinuity. AOS will be over by then too, next season is it's last.

I suppose they could have someone else release the power granting cloud... maybe combine the Nuhumans' origin with the X-Men (completely inverting the ANADM era!), thereby explaining why mutants haven't existed in the MCU so far? It would mostly preserve Kamala's origin, but she'd be classed as a mutant.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    Who here has watched Inhumans or Agents of Shield? Do you think/want her upcoming TV show to share a connection between those two shows? Could the Inhumans be redeemed through her? If her show ignores AOS and Inhumans, how would her origin have to be altered for the MCU? Let me know what you think, and as always, Praise be Feige.
    Contrary to popular belief, Marvel TV is not a part of the MCU, but their own TV universe that recognizes the events in the films. So just like they ignored Daredevil and the Runaways, they'll ignore everything else. AOS was Disney Plus Beta. They're releasing the alpha version now.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Inhumans will definitely be ignored, it's canon discontinuity. AOS will be over by then too, next season is it's last.

I suppose they could have someone else release the power granting cloud... maybe combine the Nuhumans' origin with the X-Men (completely inverting the ANADM era!), thereby explaining why mutants haven't existed in the MCU so far? It would mostly preserve Kamala's origin, but she'd be classed as a mutant.
    The X-Men's whole premise is the next stage of human evolution, not alien army on Earth in hiding. They'd have her have an acdident, like Daredevil or the Hulk, to get her powers before changing mutantdom.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/dream-casting-ms-marvel

Syfywire did a dream casting column for Ms.Marvel.

For Kamala's origin, I'd keep it vague. She gets her powers but she doesn't know how she got them or where they come from. Which isn't that different from the comics did as she thought she was a mutant and had to be told she was Inhuman.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, Marvel TV is not a part of the MCU, but their own TV universe that recognizes the events in the films. So just like they ignored Daredevil and the Runaways, they'll ignore everything else. AOS was Disney Plus Beta. They're releasing the alpha version now.
    I don't really get why people think the films not mentioning the TV shows means they're not canon.

I mean, look at the comics. If every time there was a discrepancy or lack of mention of a different series, it meant that thing weren't canon, I'm honestly not sure what would be left.

AOS was Disney Plus Beta. They're releasing the alpha version now.
    Alpha comes before Beta...

The X-Men's whole premise is the next stage of human evolution, not alien army on Earth in hiding.
    Something needs to trigger that in the MCU though, else why haven't mutants been around the whole time? I wasn't suggesting alien army in hiding, I was actually suggesting that the cloud (a biological weapon that backfires) mutates people, creating the X gene. Future generations would still be like the comics, born as mutants.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-02-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I dunno, they could just say that Xavier has been keeping the mutants low profile and now stress too much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't really get why people think the films not mentioning the TV shows means they're not canon.

I mean, look at the comics. If every time there was a discrepancy or lack of mention of a different series, it meant that thing weren't canon, I'm honestly not sure what would be left.
    Because they have no direct influence or representation in the films. The screenwriters don't, and can't, use any of it ever. Disney Plus will be canon. I think the distinction will be made once we see their shows and the role they play in the MCU.

Amazing Member

Why do you say that Inhumans is "canon discontinuity"? And quite frankly, as a fan of the Inhumans, I am going to be so mad if they change her into being a mutant. Everyone acts like Inhumans and Mutants are interchangeable, and theyre not. They are more different than anyone seems to understand.

Amazing Member

The X-Men's whole premise is the next stage of human evolution, not alien army on Earth in hiding. They'd have her have an acdident, like Daredevil or the Hulk, to get her powers before changing mutantdom.
    Marvel TV is canonically part of the MCU, I dont know why you think that it is not. Jarvis appears in endgame as a character who originally appeared in Agent Carter, which is literally a spinoff of Captain America: The First Avenger. Officially speaking, Marvel TV is part of the MCU. Blade-cottonmouth casting does not invalidate that, occasional continuity screwups dont change that, The Defenders failing to appear in Endgame does not change that. Marvel TV is canon in the MCU. If anyone can find something to prove otherwise, I would love to see it.

Yeah, the only show I think will be eliminated from continuity is Inhumans - it's the MCU's only failure, originally planned as a movie, retooled as a TV show, and then got low ratings and cancelled after one season.

Amazing Member

Alpha comes before Beta...

Something needs to trigger that in the MCU though, else why haven't mutants been around the whole time? I wasn't suggesting alien army in hiding, I was actually suggesting that the cloud (a biological weapon that backfires) mutates people, creating the X gene. Future generations would still be like the comics, born as mutants.
    The Terrigen storm that blew over the earth has already been adapted in agents of shield. Terrigen was released into the ocean and fish got it inside them and fish oil was recalled because it was activating terrigenisis. That was the cloud, just modified for the MCU. That is why Agents of Shield needs to be considered regarding the Ms. Marvel tv show. Just saying. I realize the show will have reached it's conclusion befoore Ms. Marvel is released, but we could still bring characters into Ms. Marvel or reference the release of terrigen into the world.

Amazing Member

Because they have no direct influence or representation in the films. The screenwriters don't, and can't, use any of it ever. Disney Plus will be canon. I think the distinction will be made once we see their shows and the role they play in the MCU.
    Jarvis from Agent Carter shows up in Endgame...just saying...is that not direct representation?

Vision in civil war "In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

Feels like that definitely is an acknowledgement of the increasing number of powered people in the whole MCU to me...

Also, to say that they cant use TV shows is not true. It is completely possible, it is just a logistical nightmare and has not been a priority to Feige.
    Last edited by PraiseBeFeige; 09-02-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseBeFeige View Post
    Jarvis from Agent Carter shows up in Endgame...just saying...is that not direct representation?

Vision in civil war "In the 8 years since Mr. Stark announced himself as Iron Man, the number of known enhanced persons has grown exponentially. And during the same period, the number of potentially world-ending events has risen at a commensurate rate."

Feels like that definitely is an acknowledgement of the increasing number of powered people in the whole MCU to me...

Also, to say that they cant use TV shows is not true. It is completely possible, it is just a logistical nightmare and has not been a priority to Feige.
    I think it's more that Feige has a very specific plan, and he doesn't have control over in the TV department. So that's why he's never included, mentioned, or talked about it.

I got into Marvel TV because of how it was supposed to tie into the films, but was disappointed when they didn't show any effort. I still love it for what it is and was glad to see Coulson in Captain Marvel. Maybe some of the shows will make it on Disney Plus, but I'm skeptical.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Apparently there's some drama regarding the showrunner

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Yeah, right. Nowhere's reporting that, this is just a Youtuber mouthing off and spreading gossip.