Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    People are insecure about the Inhumans place in the MCU because people saw them replacing the x-men. The whole Inhumans vs X-men era didn't really help PR-wise. Plus the fact that inhumans got dropped as a movie and turned it into a tv show made people interpret it as writing on the tea leaves.

I got into the inhumans through the push so i don't mind playing with Kamala's inhuman heritage more. Im cool with having her teamup with Gorgon or Reader instead of Wolverine.
    I wonder if people are gonna snap out of it since it never happened. They hate they got became a microcosm of demogoguery and xenophobia.

If people are gonna wash away the two latest trainwrecks or X-movies, they should be willing to do the same for the inhumans so that Kamala can stay as one.

Not mentioning the Inhumans would be less a legal thing (since obviously it doesn't exist) and more a brand thing. The company as a whole has largely backed off the Inhuman push, especially after the failure of the TV show. The fact that Agents of SHIELD also did a lot of stuff with the Inhumans that the movies largely ignored also complicates things. I don't expect to see Kamala get her powers from Terrigen fish pills, for instance.

I'm curious to see how the upcoming Moon Girl cartoon handles it.
    Last edited by Holt; 09-21-2019 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Preview for the final issue of Marvel Team Up.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...vel-team-up-6/

Apparently the writer got his Law and Order series confused. Kamala refers to the show and Lt Benson - but Benson is from Law and Order Special Victims Unit, which doesn't follow the standard Law and Order formula of police and court (it's mostly police, investigating sex crimes).

And here's the preview for Fearless #3.
    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ew-fearless-3/
    That's weird, it seems they made a new character that pretty much identical to Tanalth. I wonder if it was mix up in the art.

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure if this site is reliable so take with a grain of salt but supposedly they'll be recasting the Inhumans for Ms Marvel and Lockjaw will be in it as well. It also looks like Bree Larson will cameo, hopefully they'll keep the transformation part of her origin.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/inhu...arvel-tv-show/

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post
    I'm not sure if this site is reliable so take with a grain of salt but supposedly they'll be recasting the Inhumans for Ms Marvel and Lockjaw will be in it as well. It also looks like Bree Larson will cameo, hopefully they'll keep the transformation part of her origin.

I'm always skeptical of any good news, so I usually wait until Feige makes an official announcement. The article doesn't mention that other franchises have and will be rebooted - X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Blade - so it's always possible especially given the amount of time that will have passed by then (5 years) since the TV show.

The X-Men movies did a lot in the 20 years of movies they had that more people are more familiar with and is more recent, and Disney is gonna throw it out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by dang0 View Post

It's Wevegotthiscovered, a very unreliable source. I do think they'll get Brie Larson for a cameo, though, given they've gotten a good amount of the movie actors involved in these new shows.

Yeah, if they keep the origin intact they need Brie for the cocoon hatching scene, since Kamala emerges shapeshifted into Carol's form.

They'll need to do a minor alteration to Kamala's acquisition of the Ms. Marvel name though, since Carol never used that name in the movies.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yeah, if they keep the origin intact they need Brie for the cocoon hatching scene, since Kamala emerges shapeshifted into Carol's form.

They'll need to do a minor alteration to Kamala's acquisition of the Ms. Marvel name though, since Carol never used that name in the movies.
    And the lightning bolt. They already have it in the logo. Comic books and comic book movies are always different, but this is gonna be interesting

BIG THINK: Do a Black Bolt cameo early on and she copypastas one of his weird bolts.

Sorry, that's too cool. Not happening! I'll be going now!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

maybe have carol realize that walking around with the fascist kree emblem on her chest that fans on earth including children start wearing is a little weird and changes her costume to one with a bolt

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    maybe have carol realize that walking around with the fascist kree emblem on her chest that fans on earth including children start wearing is a little weird and changes her costume to one with a bolt
    I don't see Carol ever getting rid of that Hala star regardless of its origins.

Dumb thing is, it doesn't have those same origins in the comics - the military logo looks like Saturn, and Mar-Vell switched to the Hala star when he decided to be loyal to Earth instead of Hala.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Dumb thing is, it doesn't have those same origins in the comics - the military logo looks like Saturn, and Mar-Vell switched to the Hala star when he decided to be loyal to Earth instead of Hala.
    i think it was the supreme intelligence who switched his costume, but it was out of honor to promote him past an ordinary warrior without giving him the higher rank past Captain.

just a slight quibble

She'll most likely make up the name and logo herself as her own design.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the first trade can be definitely be developed into a 6-7 hour-long series.
    At least. That original trade is so fertile for exploration. If they use it as a foundation more so than as doing a retelling I think they could get several seasons out of her first year as a hero. I would like multiple episodes before she even gets powers. Really establishing her family and supporting cast, as well as her character in general, would pay off wonderfully once she eventually gets her powers. The magic of the series in the beginning to me had nothing to do with her superhero life and powers and everything to do with her family, friends, surroundings and personality.