Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast

Nervous about this event and what it'll mean for her, but at the same time I feel that this has a much greater potential and connection to the core idea unlike CW2.

It'll give her series a boost which I think is why this is happening anyways. Almost all the teenheroes have stopped selling DM wise, question is will young audiences who likely get the digital copies stick it with it.

Noticed something in the preview. Ms. Marvel isn't at Congress with Miles, Nova and the other teens, and the inciting incident is called the Coles Disaster.spoilers:
    As in Coles Academical, of course. Looks like the school will be destroyed. That would be a drastic change for her status quo. Something seems to have happened to Viv as well, she was apparently there - could both Viv and Kamala have been hurt, and in a manner that would prevent Kamala's healing factor from working?
    end of spoilers

The preview also mentions Discord and Lockdown.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If Wilson was still writing, she would be ignoring this event completely and acting as if it never happened, like she ignored every other event after Civil War II.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Niffleheim

Did Wilson ignore CW2? Wasn't she the one who wrote the tie-in to the event? If not then what am I remembering lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Did Wilson ignore CW2? Wasn't she the one who wrote the tie-in to the event? If not then what am I remembering lol
    She wrote for it, but I suspect she didn't do it on her own choice given how forced it felt and is why she avoided every event afterwards.

Bear in mind that she wasn't expecting to stay on the book for longer than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Myetche View Post
    If Wilson was still writing, she would be ignoring this event completely and acting as if it never happened, like she ignored every other event after Civil War II.
    That's quite impossible considering that it would create a massive contradiction that you don't need to be Phoenix Wright to spot!
    spoilers:
    She can't very well pretend Kamala's school blowing up didn't happen!
    end of spoilers

Though I do wonder what she thinks of this news.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's quite impossible considering that it would create a massive contradiction that you don't need to be Phoenix Wright to spot!
    spoilers:
    She can't very well pretend Kamala's school blowing up didn't happen!
    end of spoilers

Though I do wonder what she thinks of this news.
    Sure she can. She can just say she's skipping ahead to after the school is rebuilt, make a brief offhand mention of said event, and continue acting as if nothing outside Kamala's solo book exists.

It's a moot point because Ahmed is writing Kamala and it sounds like it will have a major impact on the ongoings, so I guess Kamala being an illegal vigilante will be her new status quo.

Which makes it more important than ever that she maintains her secret identity.

Makes parents forgetting her secret identity all the more frustrating. Just imagine what kind of more drama this could add to the event if her parents knew as well. Her friends already knowing can already add something, but the family being on it as well could add so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Makes parents forgetting her secret identity all the more frustrating. Just imagine what kind of more drama this could add to the event if her parents knew as well. Her friends already knowing can already add something, but the family being on it as well could add so much more.
    Them not knowing could also be mined if Kamala's parents end up favoring the law since they don't know their daughter is Ms. Marvel anymore.

Preview of Gwenpool Strikes Back #5, co-starring Kamala:
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...trikes-back-5/

what does Kamala think of the New Mutants history as teen heroes? Has she interacted with any of them?

I think she's only met Magik, they were on the Secret Warriors team together.