Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    So we go back to Civil War again but this time the only ones to be chased are the underage heroes?
    It's Civil War in terms of the law, but there doesn't seem to be a central hero vs. hero conflict.

You have to wonder... why didn't it only affect the teens that time? I mean, they were blaming the New Warriors - another teen team - when the actual culprit for Stamford was one of the villains they were fighting, Nitro.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You have to wonder... why didn't it only affect the teens that time? I mean, they were blaming the New Warriors - another teen team - when the actual culprit for Stamford was one of the villains they were fighting, Nitro.
    I mean...nobody was really thinking logically behind it, just the idea that there should be more accountability and control over Superheroes after what happened from a bunch of young, unlicensed, vigilante's.

We might see why it's specifically targeted at teens when the inciting incident is fully revealed.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...nobody was really thinking logically behind it, just the idea that there should be more accountability and control over Superheroes after what happened from a bunch of young, unlicensed, vigilante's.

We might see why it's specifically targeted at teens when the inciting incident is fully revealed.
    I know the preview seemed to imply that Viv is at the center of this, but I could see some newbie teen hero trying their hand at stopping a crisis and getting killed in the process. And seeing how you got your heroes like Kamala and Miles identities are not public (and in Kamala's case her family no longer knows either) I can see something like that causing a moral panic.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Because Millar needed to move the plot along. A lot of what happens in Civil War doesn't hold up under much scrutiny. He just needed the heroes to punch each other over vague idealogical issues.

Anyone watched Marvel Rising: Playing With Fire? While, as the title suggests, it's an Inferno focus episode (and introduces his sister), we also see Kamala's home life. Only her parents are there, though Aamir is mentioned, seems he couldn't make it home the same nights Kamala could (she's been away a lot, due to her superhero activities). America Chavez, who for some reason gave her a ride home on her motorbike (why didn't she use use a star portal?), is invited in for dinner... and nearly blabs about the Secret Warriors (and therefore, about Kamala being Ms. Marvel) when Kamala's mother asks how they met. Kamala pretends they're on a bowling team (America doesn't have a secret identity, so she probably didn't think about it). Dad accepts it but her mother doesn't sound convinced (though, if it's faithful to the comics, that'd be because she knows the truth about what Kamala's really up to).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

2020 is going to be a big year for Kamala. The Avengers video game, her TV show, hopefully some more Rising animation, she'll be on the Spider-Man cartoon again as well, and of course there's the comics (though Outlawed does raise concerns since it sounds like her status quo will be altered severely). Lots to look forward to.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Third party tweet claims the role of Kamala Khan has been chosen but not yet publicly announced.

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1211366227274166272

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    It sounds like Marvel has found their Ms. Marvel. No names yet, but it’s in the final stages of casting and we might learn who it is soon!

CBR picked it up here: https://www.cbr.com/disney-found-ms-marvel-star/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Third party tweet claims the role of Kamala Khan has been chosen but not yet publicly announced.

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte
    It sounds like Marvel has found their Ms. Marvel. No names yet, but it’s in the final stages of casting and we might learn who it is soon!

Can't wait to see who they cast .

Can't see it being anyone we've heard of.

Makes sense we'd know soon though, if the show is meant to have been released by this time next year.

Neat if that's true. Eagerly await the announcements, teasers, trailers etc.

Just bought the 1st Magnificent TPB and her 11th TPB overall, Destined. Also noticed as I'm very meticulous that the cover did not include the Magnificent adjective. If it's meant to align with the previous 10 TPBs, I'm not sure if they fully got it because the spine not only resets the numbering back to being #1, the font and coloring of the book and TPB name doesn't match with the previous ones, so alas it'll stick out like a sore thumb until we get more TPBs of the Magnificent run.

At an rate it's already 12/31 where I'm at, so let's lookback at 2019 and how Kamala has fared this year. The first post of this thread:

2019 really seems like it's gonna be a new era for her. Departure of Wilson, arrival of Ahmed, series relaunch, her own adjective, official leadership of Champions, undoubtedly more appearances in games and cartoons, the list goes on. And that's just what we really know is coming, as there's the continuous speculation on a few other things, namely that Captain Marvel's movie is coming up, and Kevin Feige's MCU plans for her are still up in the air...

Soon it will be a full five years since Kamala's first official appearance! Let's all hope for a fruitful and embinggened 2019 for her!
    Willow's run indeed ended, and I feel it ended on a pretty good and sentimental note.
    Except for character resetting, Ahmed's run started off good and so far is going great.
    Champions chugged along but was cut down due to various matters.
    Kamala did indeed appear in more Marvel cartoons, has appeared in the (triumphant?) return of Ultimate Alliance, and is set to appear & play a major role in the big upcoming PS4 Avengers game.
    Captain Marvel's film happened with naturally no Kamala because of the time period it's set in and for story purposes, but that's OK because this year was when her Disney+ series was announced.

Five years on since Kamala debuted, and yeah I feel that 2019 was indeed fruitful and embiggend for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post

Jeremy Conrad
    @ManaByte

i hope it's somebody age-appropriate. Even a younger-looking 25 year old is going to be a little problematic as time wears on if she's supposed to start out at 15-16.. Learn from the Harry Potter projects.

That's why I think it'll be an unknown actress. Only way they'd get someone already known who's ACTUALLY a teenager is if one of the Disney Channel sitcoms starred a Pakistani or Indian girl - which as far as I know, none do.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Just bought the 1st Magnificent TPB and her 11th TPB overall, Destined. Also noticed as I'm very meticulous that the cover did not include the Magnificent adjective. If it's meant to align with the previous 10 TPBs, I'm not sure if they fully got it because the spine not only resets the numbering back to being #1, the font and coloring of the book and TPB name doesn't match with the previous ones, so alas it'll stick out like a sore thumb until we get more TPBs of the Magnificent run.
    That's weird, why don't trades match the names of the floppies? It's not just Ms. Marvel, it affects Spider-Man too - Miles Morales's trades don't call him Spider-Man on the cover. And you know that Mariko Tamaki Hulk series? It's called She-Hulk in trade.

As for the font difference... got pics? Wondering if maybe it's a UK version, which use different fonts. I thought the US design hadn't changed since ANAD, which means it's the first three volumes that would look different, not the eleventh.

Stormranger to play a major role in the Marvel Universe... hmm, will this drag Kamala into Empyre despite the fact she already has Outlawed to worry about?
    https://www.newsarama.com/48426-chec...le-in-mcu.html

Also, new covers for second printings of #7, #8, and #9.