Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    What? why? For what?
    I misread. She seems to only be leaving Ms. Marvel, on further inspection, but yeah, Amanat's done with Kamala.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    kamala owns a cat?
    It's part of a set of cat themed covers to celebrate the Captain Marvel movie. So the cat is probably meant to be Chewie, Carol's Flarken "cat".
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kamala showing up in the MCU is pretty much inevitable at this point, but I feel like they'll be more focused on establishing Monica Rambeau as a hero then introducing her...
    I think Kevin Feige has already confirmed that they're working on a Ms. Marvel movie. That said, while Kamala shud absolutely 100% show up in a Captain Marvel movie at some point, they should really do her own movie before having her finally meet Carol. It'd make more sense on basically every level, especially since 1) by that point, we'd already know how Kamala looks up to Captain Marvel, so it'd be more meaningful for audiences, plus 2) CM is more big-scale high-stakes stories, whereas Kamala is more grounded, so it'd make more sense to jump from the latter to the former, than the other way around.

Still holding out hope that the Captain Marvel post-credit scene is (more or less) the Kamala introduction from CM #14. That would really be the ideal way to do it I think (if they didn't tease her until the end of CM2, that would just be too far away, and, again, CM2 proper really shouldn't be where she makes her full debut).

He confirmed they have plans for Kamala. Nothing specific about when or where.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Setup? The writer changes after this week's issue. I'd say it's more like Willow's farewell to the supporting cast.
    Those last 3 pages were written by Ahmed which is a positive. But the story idea was Willow’s. So yeah, Ahmed showed he can write that cast. But will he?

Ahmed contributed to issue 31 (LGY 50) as well. Honestly, the cast are safe. The major change will probably be closer integration with Champions. And I wouldn't be surprised to see the Exiles show up at some point. They were still a team at the end, and had a version of Kamala on the roster originally, which means they know Kamala's secret identity - and somehow Blink knew it before Khan joined her team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2019 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Setup? The writer changes after this week's issue. I'd say it's more like Willow's farewell to the supporting cast.
    By setup, I mean the ending. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be returning to that plot point somewhere down the line.

As for Larson's comment about Kamala in a 2nd CM, nice and all but I'm still keeping my expectations massively low. Much as I want an MCU Kamala, there's still so much of Carol's own stuff to do in relation to her and her own movies and mythos and stable of characters, most especially Monica Rambeau.

The best case scenario for me is an outright allusion to Kamala in a mid-credit or after credit scene. Something nice would be something along the lines of the comic approach of Kamala being in a crowd but not being focused on, or something like an easter egg. At minimum, especially given the 90's setting, I'm not expecting anything at all. I am amused though at how on TVTropes, the guesswork for Kamala has been given its own section on the WMG page.

Captain America: The First Avenger was mostly set in the 40s but ended in the present day. I would expect Carol's movie to be the same. Something happens to keep her off the board for 20 years. Cut to 2019, and she receives the distress call Fury sent out in Infinity War. Any sequel to Captain Marvel will be set in the present, so at bare minimum I'd expect that sequel to have an end credit stinger showing a Muslim girl with Carol merch (as happened in the comics just before Carol's second Captain Marvel volume and Ms Marvel launched). That girl, of course, is Kamala. That stinger is actually viable for the first movie, but I think they'll just do the distress signal scene.

MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL #3

SALADIN AHMED (W), MINKYU JUNG (A)

Cover by EDUARD PETROVICH

MARVEL BATTLE LINES VARIANT COVER BY SUJIN JO

A group of aliens are sure that Ms. Marvel is the chosen one they've been waiting for. But IS she? Something seems fishy with these aliens, and to get to the bottom of it, Kamala will embark on her first big space adventure! You'll never guess who she's bringing along as backup!

32 pages, $3.99.

MARVEL RISING #3

NILAH MAGRUDER (W), ROBERTO DI SALVO (A)

Cover by AUDREY MOK

THE HOME OF THE INHUMANS GETS A MEDIEVAL MAKEOVER!

Morgan le Fay's moving to New Jersey, and she's just chosen the location for her castle: New Attilan! But the Inhumans aren't planning to give up their home to a queen from another age. And with fellow Inhumans Ms. Marvel and Inferno nearby, they're hoping they won't have to. The Marvel Rising team joins forces with Iso, Reader, Mosaic and others to save New Attilan -- and the whole of New Jersey -- from one of the most powerful sorceresses in history!

32 pages, $3.99.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-21-2019 at 05:26 AM.

Marvel Rising motion comic starring Ms. Marvel:

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

According to the recent Comichron sales chart Champions is selling better than any of DC's Titans book, which surprised me.

And the first Ms. Marvel trade No Normal is still in the top 200 best selling graphic novels list, talk about strong legs.

As I said in the Champions thread, that's not normal. It was probably just due to it being a new #1. It didn't come close to Young Justice, which was also a #1.

Preview for the beginning of the Magnificent Era next week:

https://www.newsarama.com/44223-kama...eview.html#s10

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

The Lebanese juice place gag got me. Did he name it Habibi as a dig on Craig Thompson’s orientalism?

Nakia hasn't heard Kamala's origin story? Odd, I would've thought she'd tell that story as soon as she revealed she was Ms Marvel. Clearly that's the framing device for a recap of the No Normal arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Preview for the beginning of the Magnificent Era next week:

https://www.newsarama.com/44223-kama...eview.html#s10
    It definitely feels different from Wilson, even down to the character voices, but not necessarily in a bad way.

What's a new #1 without a re-telling of the origin ?