Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Been drawing our bonnie laddie again, when I should have been cleaning the house. All because of a conversation on Tumblr!
    At least this one posted the right way up!

C0A5D85B-ABC7-421C-B4D8-5AA9973DEF80.jpg

Brilliance!!

Where did the Nightwolves name come from?

and what's Logan got against chain-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Brilliance!!

Where did the Nightwolves name come from?

and what's Logan got against chain-mail?

The bad women of Tumblr (tm) were discussing the portmanteau name for the slash pairing of these two. The current one os Logurt, which we decided sounded like nasty yogurt... we thought NightWolves was more appropriate. And funny. It’s possible we should not be allowed out without adult supervision.
    Chain mail chafes (I’ve done re-enactmenting, so trust me on this)

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    The bad women of Tumblr (tm) were discussing the portmanteau name for the slash pairing of these two. The current one os Logurt, which we decided sounded like nasty yogurt... we thought NightWolves was more appropriate. And funny. It’s possible we should not be allowed out without adult supervision.
    Chain mail chafes (I’ve done re-enactmenting, so trust me on this)
    *chuckle**wipes teary eyes**chuckle*

Yeah *chuckle* Logurt, nasty yogurt!

I like Nightwolves, sounds fierce n enigmatic.

I was guessing the hirsute fella was not keen on feeling the many pinches of caught hairs!

*chuckle**wipes teary eyes**chuckle*

Yeah *chuckle* Logurt, nasty yogurt!

I like Nightwolves, sounds fierce n enigmatic.

I was guessing the hirsute fella was not keen on feeling the many pinches of caught hairs!
    Yep, I knew many a Viking/big hairy swordsman who fell foul of chain mail in his chest hairs.

We all like NightWolves, we think our theatrical drama queen, Kurt would like it. We think Logan would prefer Logurt but he’s outvoted.

An Olivier Coipel Sketch taken from https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles

I like the beard on Kurt.

And other finds....

by Brian Stelfreeze @Stelfreeze (I think)
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 10-17-2019 at 08:10 AM.

An Olivier Coipel Sketch taken from https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles

I like the beard on Kurt.

And other finds....

by Brian Stelfreeze @Stelfreeze (I think)
    Thanks. I hadn’t realised quite how much I liked the beard on Kurt until it was shaved off. He looked so young in HoX. Beardy Kurt I could see on the Council, the current one looks like he needs his nose wiping and a booster seat before he’s allowed at the big table. It’s just the artist’s style.

Thanks. I hadn’t realised quite how much I liked the beard on Kurt until it was shaved off. He looked so young in HoX. Beardy Kurt I could see on the Council, the current one looks like he needs his nose wiping and a booster seat before he’s allowed at the big table. It’s just the artist’s style.
    It's funny that you say that as I've been trawling google for X-Folk fan art and saw these....

I know these are all terribly out of canon, but, How much of an appetite do we all have for more Kurt and Raven and Kurt and Rogue and even Kurt and Destiny interactions on Krakoa?

I thought the Council scene was sharp, dynamic. Raven seemed mocking of him but she was also the one to draw out his opinions, bringing him into the discussion. That interplay was highlight for me.

I actually think the dynamic between Kurt and Raven and Rogue and Raven would be one that Hickman could do very well, full of tension, snipes, anger, distrust, intrigue, right in Hickmans ballpark.

I would like to see more of how he writes Kurt and Rogue though, his Kurt did leave me with some uncertainties.

I miss him! Can’t wait till we see him again!

Agh! Love this one!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Is it just me but couldn't we Kurt fans be absolutely celebrating every single brilliant panel and page of Nightcrawler HOX/POX!?

Absolutely every single Nightcrawler moment is wonderful. And he's finally so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.

So much essence of everything amazing about Kurt Wagner is in each of his scenes and that he doesn't 'steel' them, but Kurtifies them, suspends them acrobatically somersaults and sticks the landing - he's finally completely here again, I mean, right?

Nightcrawler, Kurt Wagner...all that guy is, I mean, pinch me but that's him...he's really back!
    Last edited by sungila; 10-17-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

It's funny that you say that as I've been trawling google for X-Folk fan art and saw these....

I know these are all terribly out of canon, but, How much of an appetite do we all have for more Kurt and Raven and Kurt and Rogue and even Kurt and Destiny interactions on Krakoa?

I thought the Council scene was sharp, dynamic. Raven seemed mocking of him but she was also the one to draw out his opinions, bringing him into the discussion. That interplay was highlight for me.

I actually think the dynamic between Kurt and Raven and Rogue and Raven would be one that Hickman could do very well, full of tension, snipes, anger, distrust, intrigue, right in Hickmans ballpark.

I would like to see more of how he writes Kurt and Rogue though, his Kurt did leave me with some uncertainties.
    Those are very cute but Raven being anywhere near Kurt gives me hives. I trust her not one jot, she’s dangerous. She is going to go ballistic when she finds out that reviving Irene isn’t on the agenda.
    I’d like to see her interacting with Rogue though, but it looks like she’ll be busy in Excalibur.

I still have a sad that Kurt isn’t in one of the main books, he’s such a sweetheart and he adds extra depth to teams.
    And all the artists like drawing him.

I’m not sure about the writing on lots of the characters but it’s too early to say if that’s the style or the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Is it just me but couldn't we Kurt fans be absolutely celebrating every single brilliant panel and page of Nightcrawler HOX/POX!?

Absolutely every single Nightcrawler moment is wonderful. And he's finally so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.

So much essence of everything amazing about Kurt Wagner is in each of his scenes and that he doesn't 'steel' them, but Kurtifies them, suspends them acrobatically them, somersaults and sticks the landing - he's finally completely here again, I mean, right?

Nightcrawler, Kurt Wagner...all that guy is, I mean, pinch me but that's him...he's really back!
    True. I've been looking to Kurts fans for some reassurance of his characterization in HoX/PoX as I too found it "so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.".

The art itself was slightly 'shady', but absolutely everyone in the whole story was drawn slightly 'shady' too.

Those are very cute but Raven being anywhere near Kurt gives me hives. I trust her not one jot, she’s dangerous. She is going to go ballistic when she finds out that reviving Irene isn’t on the agenda.
    I’d like to see her interacting with Rogue though, but it looks like she’ll be busy in Excalibur.

I still have a sad that Kurt isn’t in one of the main books, he’s such a sweetheart and he adds extra depth to teams.
    And all the artists like drawing him.

I’m not sure about the writing on lots of the characters but it’s too early to say if that’s the style or the characters.
    Yep, She is dangerous, especially with this new very emotive motive. Mystique will be seen in the X-Men title in a few months that I'm hoping will bring Kurt and Rogue into the title. Hickman does have carte blanche on characters he can use, and it would be criminal if he'd ignore the House of Raven branch of X-lore. I do think a story between them all has been seeded, but it might take a long while till we get there.

I've got a theory that Hickman is kinda distilling/condensing characters down to almost their monikers, so I'm intrigued (and a bit apprehensive) of what he's got in-store for Nightcrawler and Rogue.

I still think one of the Sinister Secrets was referring to Nightcrawler and Meggan. It's not necessarily true, as it is Sinister gossiping, but I think there are plans afoot for Kurt stories soon.

Kurt will be appearing in Maurarders, at least for the first issue