Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

I really like that one.

The way they have Meg is so fey...love it. Also, seeing Kylun is pretty great.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Wow, that's nice work. Thanks for sharing

I recently did a search on Deviantart for any new Nightcrawler art but I couldn't find anything I liked.
    Only a few years ago there was a steady stream of excellent Nightcrawler art there. But there isn't any now. Maybe it was Kurt's death that was causing the surge in art?

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post

heres a variant
    Thank you for posting it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I really like that one.

The way they have Meg is so fey...love it. Also, seeing Kylun is pretty great.
    Yeah, she really looks like an elf.

Default Age of x-man amazing nightcrawler #1

Nice cover for issue one of the new Nightcrawler series

https://allforgeeks.com/new-stuff/ne...ightcrawler-1/

Yep, I'm excited to see what they do with this story line.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I was excited when they chose to focus on Nightcrawler. I'm looking forward to these books. Wouldn't mind a little romance with Meggan. Maybe in this world she's not married? I always thought she had the potential to be the best girlfriend Kurt's ever had. Still wish their relationship had gone farther during Excalibur.

However, I very much dislike this new "onesie" costume. Wish his costume covered his legs and he had a pair of swords on his back instead of the knife.

I think I may be the only one who doesn't like Kurt and Meggan together and prefer them as friends. I agree with Davis. They would be too perfect. They both have a very sweet temperament but I prefer someone with Kurt who will challenge him and complement him. And the story behind Claremont's reasoning for this pairing doesn't sit well with me. Captain Britain fans said that Brian was being written out of character to bring an Arthur/Lancelot/Gueneviere triangle in. Don't get me wrong I think this gave Kurt some juicy development but I can't quite get passed that it would only happen out of character assassination and philandering. That said, I am looking forward to this alternate universe. Since it is an alternate universe you can have loads of fun without guilt. Kurt/Meggan in 616 would kind of defy canon, though, as Kurt outright stated he wasn't in love with Meggan and Meggan says repeatedly that Brian is her man. I know writers ignore this later. 2000s Claremont and Remender to name a couple.

That said I remeber Alan Davis explained this Special as Kurt and Meggan being possessed and the one that was really attracted to Kurt was the demon. Some actually thought they were going to get together and there was some confusion. Makes sense since they were downright cold in this and I saw their prior interactions as more of them not really aware of how they were being because of her power.

Now for said juicy pages.

Damn! Demon Meggan in the 5th panel of the second page really wanted some Nightcrawler.

Continued...

And now for the rest!

Get a load of the Jackson Jerricurl Kurt is sporting! *Guffaw*

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I was excited when they chose to focus on Nightcrawler. I'm looking forward to these books. Wouldn't mind a little romance with Meggan. Maybe in this world she's not married? I always thought she had the potential to be the best girlfriend Kurt's ever had. Still wish their relationship had gone farther during Excalibur.
    The way AoXM seems to be working is that the characters have their memories of canon up to the start of Nate's utopia (which is several years in the past by their POV, but only a few months in reality), but those memories have been altered - sometimes repeatedly - by Nate. So Meggan may think she and Brian divorced, that they never married at all, or she may not even remember having a husband and child.

heres a variant
    That's a great cast of characters right there! Coolies, I'm in and ready to roll, lets go

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

heres a variant
    I made a decision to stay away from all the AoX stuff this go around but I may have to break down and pick this series up. Love Kurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    The way AoXM seems to be working is that the characters have their memories of canon up to the start of Nate's utopia (which is several years in the past by their POV, but only a few months in reality), but those memories have been altered - sometimes repeatedly - by Nate. So Meggan may think she and Brian divorced, that they never married at all, or she may not even remember having a husband and child.
    I wonder if they'll be able to keep any of these memories?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, It's great to see Kurt in more than one of the books during this event but is anyone else really annoyed at how Kurt is portrayed in the Age of X-Men comics? He seems kind of egotistical. Although Kurt has always been flamboyant, he has never been arrogant.

Not liking the phonetic speech either. I actually hear his German accent in my head when I read his speech bubbles but for some reason I don't like to see it phonetically written, not even in fanfiction. I hope this isn't something that continues after this event.
    Last edited by Indigo_Lady; 02-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I wonder if they'll be able to keep any of these memories?
    Hopefully. Certainly a lost opportunity for character building otherwise.

heres a variant
    a 'positive' Romanichal Romance.

I was just reading through Seanan McGuire's Tweets about the series and though I've never read any of her fiction and though she shares a celebratory gif of Kurt from the endearingly cute but decidedly not Excalibur-esque X-Men:Evolution - my friends, I think this series is going to be really good. I mean, this Kurt actually comes from a more horrific universe than AOA Kurt Darkholme! Actually doesn't Kurt Wagner himself come from...well, anyway!

I am really looking forward to this all new caper. Really, this is a dark series, and there's a promising draft of deft whit, daring depth and even the creative room to move - and Seanan McGuire seems to have the moves that could demand and use such a space.

Okay so hooray already for authentically high hopes!

I bet my pants there'll be at least one bath tub scene!

And dancing. There will be dancing.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-12-2019 at 03:20 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    I bet my pants there'll be at least one bath tub scene!

And dancing. There will be dancing.
    I hope so. And I'm all for a Romanichal Romance: I always wanted Kurt and Meggan to interact about their Rom background, I don't understand why there never was a mention of it. They were raised by European gypsy people, they should have many things in common.