Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 321
  1. #286
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Been drawing our bonnie laddie again, when I should have been cleaning the house. All because of a conversation on Tumblr!
    At least this one posted the right way up!

    C0A5D85B-ABC7-421C-B4D8-5AA9973DEF80.jpg

  2. #287
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Brilliance!!

    Where did the Nightwolves name come from?

    and what's Logan got against chain-mail?

  3. #288
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Brilliance!!

    Where did the Nightwolves name come from?

    and what's Logan got against chain-mail?

    The bad women of Tumblr (tm) were discussing the portmanteau name for the slash pairing of these two. The current one os Logurt, which we decided sounded like nasty yogurt... we thought NightWolves was more appropriate. And funny. It’s possible we should not be allowed out without adult supervision.
    Chain mail chafes (I’ve done re-enactmenting, so trust me on this)

  4. #289
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    The bad women of Tumblr (tm) were discussing the portmanteau name for the slash pairing of these two. The current one os Logurt, which we decided sounded like nasty yogurt... we thought NightWolves was more appropriate. And funny. It’s possible we should not be allowed out without adult supervision.
    Chain mail chafes (I’ve done re-enactmenting, so trust me on this)
    *chuckle**wipes teary eyes**chuckle*

    Yeah *chuckle* Logurt, nasty yogurt!

    I like Nightwolves, sounds fierce n enigmatic.

    I was guessing the hirsute fella was not keen on feeling the many pinches of caught hairs!

  5. #290
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    *chuckle**wipes teary eyes**chuckle*

    Yeah *chuckle* Logurt, nasty yogurt!

    I like Nightwolves, sounds fierce n enigmatic.

    I was guessing the hirsute fella was not keen on feeling the many pinches of caught hairs!
    Yep, I knew many a Viking/big hairy swordsman who fell foul of chain mail in his chest hairs.

    We all like NightWolves, we think our theatrical drama queen, Kurt would like it. We think Logan would prefer Logurt but he’s outvoted.

  6. #291
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    630

    Default

    An Olivier Coipel Sketch taken from https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles



    I like the beard on Kurt.

    And other finds....




    by Brian Stelfreeze @Stelfreeze (I think)
    Last edited by Ultimate Rogue; 10-17-2019 at 08:10 AM.

  7. #292
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    An Olivier Coipel Sketch taken from https://twitter.com/ArtofNickRobles



    I like the beard on Kurt.

    And other finds....




    by Brian Stelfreeze @Stelfreeze (I think)
    Thanks. I hadn’t realised quite how much I liked the beard on Kurt until it was shaved off. He looked so young in HoX. Beardy Kurt I could see on the Council, the current one looks like he needs his nose wiping and a booster seat before he’s allowed at the big table. It’s just the artist’s style.

  8. #293
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Thanks. I hadn’t realised quite how much I liked the beard on Kurt until it was shaved off. He looked so young in HoX. Beardy Kurt I could see on the Council, the current one looks like he needs his nose wiping and a booster seat before he’s allowed at the big table. It’s just the artist’s style.
    It's funny that you say that as I've been trawling google for X-Folk fan art and saw these....







    I know these are all terribly out of canon, but, How much of an appetite do we all have for more Kurt and Raven and Kurt and Rogue and even Kurt and Destiny interactions on Krakoa?

    I thought the Council scene was sharp, dynamic. Raven seemed mocking of him but she was also the one to draw out his opinions, bringing him into the discussion. That interplay was highlight for me.

    I actually think the dynamic between Kurt and Raven and Rogue and Raven would be one that Hickman could do very well, full of tension, snipes, anger, distrust, intrigue, right in Hickmans ballpark.

    I would like to see more of how he writes Kurt and Rogue though, his Kurt did leave me with some uncertainties.

  9. #294
    Kurtty Fan Slicknickshady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,370

    Default

    I miss him! Can’t wait till we see him again!

  10. #295
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Agh! Love this one!
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  11. #296
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Is it just me but couldn't we Kurt fans be absolutely celebrating every single brilliant panel and page of Nightcrawler HOX/POX!?

    Absolutely every single Nightcrawler moment is wonderful. And he's finally so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.

    So much essence of everything amazing about Kurt Wagner is in each of his scenes and that he doesn't 'steel' them, but Kurtifies them, suspends them acrobatically somersaults and sticks the landing - he's finally completely here again, I mean, right?

    Nightcrawler, Kurt Wagner...all that guy is, I mean, pinch me but that's him...he's really back!
    Last edited by sungila; 10-17-2019 at 01:29 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  12. #297
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    It's funny that you say that as I've been trawling google for X-Folk fan art and saw these....







    I know these are all terribly out of canon, but, How much of an appetite do we all have for more Kurt and Raven and Kurt and Rogue and even Kurt and Destiny interactions on Krakoa?

    I thought the Council scene was sharp, dynamic. Raven seemed mocking of him but she was also the one to draw out his opinions, bringing him into the discussion. That interplay was highlight for me.

    I actually think the dynamic between Kurt and Raven and Rogue and Raven would be one that Hickman could do very well, full of tension, snipes, anger, distrust, intrigue, right in Hickmans ballpark.

    I would like to see more of how he writes Kurt and Rogue though, his Kurt did leave me with some uncertainties.
    Those are very cute but Raven being anywhere near Kurt gives me hives. I trust her not one jot, she’s dangerous. She is going to go ballistic when she finds out that reviving Irene isn’t on the agenda.
    I’d like to see her interacting with Rogue though, but it looks like she’ll be busy in Excalibur.

    I still have a sad that Kurt isn’t in one of the main books, he’s such a sweetheart and he adds extra depth to teams.
    And all the artists like drawing him.

    I’m not sure about the writing on lots of the characters but it’s too early to say if that’s the style or the characters.

  13. #298
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,233
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  14. #299
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Is it just me but couldn't we Kurt fans be absolutely celebrating every single brilliant panel and page of Nightcrawler HOX/POX!?

    Absolutely every single Nightcrawler moment is wonderful. And he's finally so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.

    So much essence of everything amazing about Kurt Wagner is in each of his scenes and that he doesn't 'steel' them, but Kurtifies them, suspends them acrobatically them, somersaults and sticks the landing - he's finally completely here again, I mean, right?

    Nightcrawler, Kurt Wagner...all that guy is, I mean, pinch me but that's him...he's really back!
    True. I've been looking to Kurts fans for some reassurance of his characterization in HoX/PoX as I too found it "so very enthrallingly contradictory, funny, elegantly feral and just very awesome.".

    The art itself was slightly 'shady', but absolutely everyone in the whole story was drawn slightly 'shady' too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    Those are very cute but Raven being anywhere near Kurt gives me hives. I trust her not one jot, she’s dangerous. She is going to go ballistic when she finds out that reviving Irene isn’t on the agenda.
    I’d like to see her interacting with Rogue though, but it looks like she’ll be busy in Excalibur.

    I still have a sad that Kurt isn’t in one of the main books, he’s such a sweetheart and he adds extra depth to teams.
    And all the artists like drawing him.

    I’m not sure about the writing on lots of the characters but it’s too early to say if that’s the style or the characters.
    Yep, She is dangerous, especially with this new very emotive motive. Mystique will be seen in the X-Men title in a few months that I'm hoping will bring Kurt and Rogue into the title. Hickman does have carte blanche on characters he can use, and it would be criminal if he'd ignore the House of Raven branch of X-lore. I do think a story between them all has been seeded, but it might take a long while till we get there.

    I've got a theory that Hickman is kinda distilling/condensing characters down to almost their monikers, so I'm intrigued (and a bit apprehensive) of what he's got in-store for Nightcrawler and Rogue.

    I still think one of the Sinister Secrets was referring to Nightcrawler and Meggan. It's not necessarily true, as it is Sinister gossiping, but I think there are plans afoot for Kurt stories soon.

  15. #300
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,428

    Default

    Kurt will be appearing in Maurarders, at least for the first issue

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •