Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
God bless fanservice

I truly believe that Kurt was the one who introduced explicit male sex appeal in Marvel comics. Probaly thanks to Cockrum himself.
Yes, he did draw this after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post

Age of X-Man Alpha was a very good start, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. The phonetic dialect was a surprise, but someone did their German homework a little better than in the past on the phrases he threw out. I enjoyed all of the issue, but it was fun seeing the set up for Kurt basically being the superstar (Errol Flynn/Roger Moore) of this world. It was an interesting fantasy come to life concept with all that it entails. It brings to mind the old adage: Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.
I won't be able to get this for at least a week and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the accent. I honestly have trouble with reading it. If there is a "z" it is usually a very light z but when you are reading it out it comes out as a hard z. And you would have to concentrate really hard to get it to sound like an authentic German accent. Claremont himself said the reason he didn't have a thick accent was because of all the American movies he grew up on. Oh well, I can just replace the z with an th like I usually do. And I'm glad the story seems good so far,

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
Cockrum said more than once on the Nightscrawler's forum that Kurt was his alter ego and he always envisioned himself as the romantic hero.

Darick Robertson, artist of Kurt's third solo series was a regular on the forum at the time and he was surprised at how large a female following Nightcrawler had. It was one of the reasons he drew Kurt in the shower and shirtless. I'm sure Alan Davis knew it too lol.
I remember the old single Nightcrawler board sponsored by hoastboards started by Slarti. It spun out of the Wizard World thread I had created. This was before it became the much bigger forum Nightscrawlers. Darrick Robertson was a class act. He invited us to his forum to discuss Kurt's book. Great times. Unfortunately, I left before Cockrum came. Too bad. I would have liked to have talked to him. I'm trying to remember if I remember you. Wow. It's been almost 20 years since then. Time flies and then you get grey hairs.