Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

With the return of Cerise over in Mr & Mrs X -- do any Kurt fans support the romantic reunion of these two?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the return of Cerise over in Mr & Mrs X -- do any Kurt fans support the romantic reunion of these two?

Absolutely. I've liked just about all of Kurt's love interests, but Cerise is one of my faves.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Absolutely. I've liked just about all of Kurt's love interests, but Cerise is one of my faves.
    Natch, whenever I get on a topic like this, I fall through a google image search hole and OF COURSE now all I want is for someone (Leah Williams maybz?) to bring back the Excalibur gang.

I feel like reuniting that motley crew is the key to restoring my long-lost-appreciation for Miss Pryde too. And I need more Meggan/Cap'nBee/Baby in my life.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Happy Valentines Day! I don't have a valentine but it gives me the opportunity to post my favorite image.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Gorgeous!

10char

His wings have shoulder straps!
    Oh my!
    Beautiful.

Eros has a herald.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

i mean why not Kurt is one of my Favorite characters , one thing especially when it comes to Nightcrawler as a charater is how he thinks imo and his reasoning . like nightcrawler as a character youd know he isnt the shallow type that more so than night hed see true qualities in the women that caught his eye especially being some one from humble beginings as a easier way of explaining his hellish upbrining between the sisutaution with mystique and sabertooth his parents or the situation of feeling and only knowing he was an orphan traveling as the infamous nightcrawler in the munich circus and his incredble empathetic ways and thoughtfulness about everything . thats one of the coolest things about nightcrawler his optimism and hope are unparalleled he sees all the bad things we all do yet through faith wishes no ill just better for everyone and thing , which speaks immense volumes especially as a character so incredibly persecuted and hated in that universe for just being who he is .

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I know Valentines Day is past, but it took me a couple days to find this. I don't know where it came from but I've had it on file a long time.

Kurt always rocks formal clothes.

w.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Blunt-Man View Post
    i mean why not Kurt is one of my Favorite characters , one thing especially when it comes to Nightcrawler as a charater is how he thinks imo and his reasoning . like nightcrawler as a character youd know he isnt the shallow type that more so than night hed see true qualities in the women that caught his eye especially being some one from humble beginings as a easier way of explaining his hellish upbrining between the sisutaution with mystique and sabertooth his parents or the situation of feeling and only knowing he was an orphan traveling as the infamous nightcrawler in the munich circus and his incredble empathetic ways and thoughtfulness about everything . thats one of the coolest things about nightcrawler his optimism and hope are unparalleled he sees all the bad things we all do yet through faith wishes no ill just better for everyone and thing , which speaks immense volumes especially as a character so incredibly persecuted and hated in that universe for just being who he is .
    Welcome! Have you been in this thread before? I was on a brief hiatus. This is the perfect place to discuss all things Nightcrawler. We don't bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    I know Valentines Day is past, but it took me a couple days to find this. I don't know where it came from but I've had it on file a long time.

Kurt always rocks formal clothes.

w.jpg
    I don't believe I've seen this one before. Kurt's lovely. And its never too late to post a pic of Kurt looking good.

Kevin Wada's 'little paper X-doll' Nightcrawler.
    DwkZCpeUcAEI5BW.jpg

my two favorite drawn n cut-out costume redesigns.

tumblr_pl0v0lgJwE1qbkgzfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pl0v0lgJwE1qbkgzfo3_1280.jpg

see the whole show here:
    http://kevinwada.tumblr.com
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Panel by panel, Kurt has physically transformed from a classically inspired devil to a charming elf to a good humored cutey to a dashing elf to a sexy scantily clad androgynous sprite...a smoldering falling angel who rebounds with a BAMF and a somersault and the glint of steel and golden eyes...

Just prior to 'the beard' he had been interestingly most often resigned by fans as younger looking, an adolescent heir apparent to X-Evolution and the Age of Apocalypse movie, a manga styled hero that somehow forever incarnates that 'oncoming' force of change...the cusp of determination...the conflict of coming out in ones own fully formed and fledged body.

Now the beard...hmmm?
    And yet in today's America that curated beard is a look. The hip young adult. An urban outfitted fast fashion to go with tight fits and pricey retro unisex collage.

This isn't a thesis statement, yet.

It's just a felt response to the 'paper doll' model of Kurt as a hero and the possibility of artistic expression in an avatar of
    transformation, teleportation and agile acrobatics.

But also the upping of the age before 'experience'...the extending of that inner underworld and passage in between...that stuff in the smoke after youth and before adulthood...and Kurt...it's interesting to me. His blue otherness. The shadows...the light.

The self and other in reflection, projection, also, desire and destination.

Any thoughts about all this?
    Last edited by sungila; 02-17-2019 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Panel by panel, Kurt has physically transformed from a classically inspired devil to a charming elf to a good humored cutey to a dashing elf to a sexy scantily clad androgynous sprite...a smoldering falling angel who rebounds with a BAMF and a somersault and the glint of steel and golden eyes...

Just prior to 'the beard' he had been interestingly most often resigned by fans as younger looking, an adolescent heir apparent to X-Evolution and the Age of Apocalypse movie, a manga styled hero that somehow forever incarnates that 'oncoming' force of change...the cusp of determination...the conflict of coming out in ones own fully formed and fledged body.

Now the beard...hmmm?
    And yet in today's America that curated beard is a look. The hip young adult. An urban outfitted fast fashion to go with tight fits and pricey retro unisex collage.

It's just a felt response to the 'paper doll' model of Kurt as a hero and the possibility of artistic expression in an avatar of

But also the upping of the age before 'experience'...the extending of that inner underworld and passage in between...that stuff in the smoke after youth and before adulthood...and Kurt...it's interesting to me. His blue otherness. The shadows...the light.

I love your posts

Kevin Wada's 'little paper X-doll' Nightcrawler.
    DwkZCpeUcAEI5BW.jpg

my two favorite drawn n cut-out costume redesigns.

tumblr_pl0v0lgJwE1qbkgzfo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pl0v0lgJwE1qbkgzfo3_1280.jpg

see the whole show here:
    http://kevinwada.tumblr.com
    Aren't paper dolls usually supposed to have underwear of some sort? Mr. Wada... you devil.

Now the beard...hmmm?

I'm a bit uh, inebriated right now so all I can do is this I'm afraid.

Now the beard...hmmm?

Well said.

I love looking over the eras of Kurt and how he's transformed to fit the times and what's needed from him. The very fact that he can be perpetually youthful and, at times, androgynous has, I think, kept him from ever being used much by the Cyclops time writers and the man's man tone they brought to the franchise. Kurt was too transformative in nature, too obviously 'other' to fit cleanly into the scheme of things. Now that we're coming off an attempted full shift in the opposite direction, I can say that he was used even less recently, seemingly by virtue of his gender. There was no place for him there, either.

Excalibur seemed the only time that was fully comfortable using Kurt to his fullest potential. I wonder if the ticket is breaking him apart from the team and letting him fly solo for a bit? I can't see Marvel doing that long, though. I'd love to see him on another small team where the writer really understood his nature rather than simply using him as a taxi service.

Kurt is finally getting some love in Hasbro's Marvel Legends toyline.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"