Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Still missing our pretty blue lad. The odd panel here and there isn’t doing it for me. Not so much as a hint, from any of the creators.
    I love work in progresses, particularly artists working in traditional media, pen and ink, it gives you such a clue to technique.
    So this was posted in the Jean Grey thread, by Phoenixzero23, it’s the artist working on X Force and he’s drawing Jean, really well too.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Benjamin_...73072163704833

But have a look at that panel to the right of her, it’s a resurrection egg. I’m somewhat worried about the shape of those toes...
    Here’s hoping it’s just my paranoia...

I think that's just a side-view. It'd be awful soon to kill Kurt off again.

Kurt isnt in X-Force and he's not dead. Why would anyone even speculate that Jean is resurrecting him when the current plot point is that Xavier is dead and needs to be brought back by her. Even if Kurt was dead, the mutant in that egg is being brought back so there's nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I think that's just a side-view. It'd be awful soon to kill Kurt off again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Kurt isnt in X-Force and he's not dead. Why would anyone even speculate that Jean is resurrecting him when the current plot point is that Xavier is dead and needs to be brought back by her. Even if Kurt was dead, the mutant in that egg is being brought back so there's nothing to worry about
    It’s alway too soon to kill Kurt in my opinion. But his mother is a terrorist and is due to go ballistic, I am paranoid.
    Though no longer over this Tweet, it’s someone else’s foot, as per today’s X-Force.

I think maybe this Kurt can't really be killed off.

It's an odd and interesting decision to have Mystique and Kurt both on the Quiet council.
    This Kurt, doesn't seem to be (so far) game for sacrifice and gladly Hickman may have purposefully created a world in which the 'kill off' has been removed from the possible New Dawn plot devices.

Here's to Retcons without death, underworlds, otherworlds, and ambiguous origins without one beginning that end the many other everlasting!

Claremont and Cockrum's Nightcrawler could have broken the 4th wall.
    AND did you know Claremont once described the perfect Kurt story as one in which he 'almost gets the girl'...

And I think Ellis wrote a great Kurt Darkholme in part because he totally doesn't give a **** about character continuity.

I love Davis' solo run on Excalibur in large part because he sets Kurt in perfectly absurdist situations that Nightcrawler (like in the first solo) just accepts as a matter of serious business because circus life is fine with him.

The whole super hero thing, for Kurt is like an ideal psychotherapy and plausible profession...it's why he's so level headed about stuff (in that outfit)...it's all kind of tame and yawn and that it's meant to be actual not a show...or sort of...perfect for Kurt THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER!

YES, okay, but his classic relationship with Jimaine/Amanda was and is actually one of the most refreshing, natural and uncomplicated in X-Books (as far as continuity goes). Seriously! And circus hyperbole is to Kurt what lone wolf bub'ery is to Wolverine

In the "almost gets the girl" romantic saga of Kurt Wagner, thankfully he has Logan.

And yet I love Kurt most when he's wounded, he does have a healing factor of his own.

And I totally forget, which writer made Kurt a priest? What issues did that happen in? Please don't tell me it was Austen...

Nightcrawler stuff, you know, he's the best at what Logan would rather do but doesn't because he's best at what he does.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-12-2019 at 01:42 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

I dislike Mystique with a fiery passion, she’s a terrorist and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t have to kill you to make your life a misery.
    I’m hoping returning Irene to her will make her interesting again.

Never approved of Amanda/Jimaine, which is entirely Chris’ fault; should have just left her as an air hostesses who didn’t care what her lover looked like. But he had to go and be clever with the character. Bad Chris, no biscuit.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I dont get why people in here think they are killing off Kurt when they just brought him back. Is it just because they don't have answers about what they are going to do with him? Heck that's. been going on years before Kurts death. How did it go from Kurts wallpaper again to they are going to kill him? Not only that but there are many other characters fans that also ask whats in store for their faves and have gotten similar responses and people usually say that sucks our character is stuck in limbo. So again, how did it go from complaints about limbo and wallpaper to he's going to die so soon after he was resurrected?

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I dont get why people in here think they are killing off Kurt when they just brought him back. Is it just because they don't have answers about what they are going to do with him? Heck that's. been going on years before Kurts death. How did it go from Kurts wallpaper again to they are going to kill him? Not only that but there are many other characters fans that also ask whats in store for their faves and have gotten similar responses and people usually say that sucks our character is stuck in limbo. So again, how did it go from complaints about limbo and wallpaper to he's going to die so soon after he was resurrected?
    It’s just me, I’m paranoid about what Mystique is going to do when she finds out about them not bringing back Irene. She’s gonna go ballistic and I’m worried her son is in the firing line. Just ignore me, Kurt will be in a wave two book soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    It’s just me, I’m paranoid about what Mystique is going to do when she finds out about them not bringing back Irene. She’s gonna go ballistic and I’m worried her son is in the firing line. Just ignore me, Kurt will be in a wave two book soon enough.
    But what Mystique's anger over Destiny's case has anything to do with Kurt? Why would Kurt die just because Mystique's patience is running out?
    Kurt's role in dox hasn't even been established anywhere but you think he'd die already? and even if he does, he'd be just brought back no problem, his death wouldn't matter

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    But what Mystique's anger over Destiny's case has anything to do with Kurt? Why would Kurt die just because Mystique's patience is running out?
    Kurt's role in dox hasn't even been established anywhere but you think he'd die already? and even if he does, he'd be just brought back no problem, his death wouldn't matter
    Ah, but I think death is going to matter. Not sure what Hickman is up to with X-Men issue 7, but I think it’s going to involve complications, possibly psychological or spiritual, rather than physical, regarding resurrections (and possibly a wave 2 book about that?).
    The cover is clearly symbolic, Apocalypse smashing what looks very, very much like an icon, complete with halo. Icons are usually of saints and martyrs. Who are usually rather dead. And when your mother is a pissed off terrorist? It’s very easy to end up in the firing line.
    F11AB0E5-431F-4000-9CE4-2DA17564E94F.jpg

All conjecture at the moment, but not everyone is going to be as sanguine about death and resurrection as Charles, for example.

if Kurt gets killed off, so what? He JUST died in HoX and whats been set up about the current status quo is that death isnt permanent. He dies today and will be brought back in next week's issue. I really dont see why there needs to be any need for worry. This aint like Second Coming when death was longterm

Ah, but I think death is going to matter. Not sure what Hickman is up to with X-Men issue 7, but I think it’s going to involve complications, possibly psychological or spiritual, rather than physical, regarding resurrections (and possibly a wave 2 book about that?).
    The cover is clearly symbolic, Apocalypse smashing what looks very, very much like an icon, complete with halo. Icons are usually of saints and martyrs. Who are usually rather dead. And when your mother is a pissed off terrorist? It’s very easy to end up in the firing line.
    F11AB0E5-431F-4000-9CE4-2DA17564E94F.jpg

All conjecture at the moment, but not everyone is going to be as sanguine about death and resurrection as Charles, for example.
    When I said death doesn't matter, I didn't mean that it doesn't matter in the narrative and how the characters feel about it. I meant that it doesn't matter to us readers if a character dies, because they'll be just back in the next issue, as Havok83 also said it. Worrying about a character dying in a comic that is literally about resurrecting the dead ones is pointless. Even Xavier's death didn't matter much, he was gone for one issue only.
    As for what death and resurrection means to the characters will probably be important and explored in more depth later. It's not a coincidence that the issue that deals with questions about resurrection features Kurt who has high moral and spiritual views.

Quote Originally Posted by DAHX View Post
    When I said death doesn't matter, I didn't mean that it doesn't matter in the narrative and how the characters feel about it. I meant that it doesn't matter to us readers if a character dies, because they'll be just back in the next issue, as Havok83 also said it. Worrying about a character dying in a comic that is literally about resurrecting the dead ones is pointless. Even Xavier's death didn't matter much, he was gone for one issue only.
    As for what death and resurrection means to the characters will probably be important and explored in more depth later. It's not a coincidence that the issue that deals with questions about resurrection features Kurt who has high moral and spiritual views.
    It will still worry me, if it’s done badly, it can only damage the characters.
    Religious Kurt is my least favourite character beat for him, I’d rather have stories about The Council.
    Shrugs, I’ve been following Kurt’s plots since 1980, here’s hoping 2020 is a good year for him.

It will still worry me, if it’s done badly, it can only damage the characters.
    Now that's a valid point, but fortunately this is not X-Men Gold

I have no idea if Kurt's trusty moral compass will point true in this new era, or if he'd even use it anymore.

Kurt wasn't shown revealing himself to Storm after cracking out of his Gold Ball, but I go there, I kind of hover there, say there, wondering. Sort of standing with that Kurt as the crowd fades, the whole scene and sequence CUT and mingle off stage...I stay there wondering at the artificial mess of yolk...like fake barf...and I wonder about that Kurt...thinking hmmmm, thinking huh....thinking about Hickman...who might be goading the God concept...like...hey...like "it's fine, have his soul, deny it...it's fine...but um, are YOU sure you know which one...and he's slippery you know...God, you know he's hard to really hold onto...did you hear what he said"

None of the out loud.

Just sometimes you smile at the ground and feel the sky over and around you...like, hmmm, like it's nice to be sort of naughty...and noticed.
    Or free...because your certainty is suspicious...but sort of incapable of outwardly questioning you or actually totally trustingly turning away...from you

This Kurt (okay okay he hasn't said much but he has cannon to work with...lot and lots...and he can say stuff simply by shading out what he's not saying and allowing what he is to show) THIS Kurt is cool. He's calm. He's come through something. What he might have shed, in that shell, at least for now...what may have burned off in that perfect death with Logan...what's gone...what he's got on Mystique now is...this glistening sexy enigma...you know me/not hiding anything/nothing up my sleeves/demon-or-angel-here-or-there/steadfast mercurial shadowy sly...give me shivers...shiver me timbers some say the sight of fangs seduce the veins in the wrist and neck to throb loud beats on skin...drum drum...and the sensation of being tightly pulled and gently tap...tap...taped.

And when this Kurt smiles...

I feel something...go rumpa pum pum...

lol

Apocalypse will want the absolute, that's what he is.
    Kurt isn't.
    But he seems like he might.

Hi everybody! Hope you're all well.
    Social media, yea, see how small this place really is considering the size of it all...
    if you want try looking away...

hi again

And my eyes go wide!

Whoa!?

Aren't we supposed to be talking about morality and God and...well, um, lol...that's, um...can anyone or even I be sexy too, to me...I mean, or like...if you asked me I'd say YES to you.

Of course...no I wouldn't ask that...not like that, that is not what I mean, but did anyway maybe...

AM I SEXY YES YOU ARE kills most questions...and that's just true...and it is.

Oh yea, um, how about, if it's about resurrection and revelation and cannon, gonna gospel a google-up quoth of the King James version:

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."

Pirate ship...I mean pilot or...outer space...but to be real Kurt sometimes pops the hood and fixes the engine...in coveralls, like it's what he does.

Or, I mean, after that and here...anyway, you ARE...just now...exactly, I mean, there could be another word for it...like, um...when you smile because you've noticed...by the way it feels to you...that you are, amazing, yea, you.

Nightcrawler? He's sort of both. Imagine teleporting. And that in between (here and there) you never once think about where or who you are.

If I was going to work on my engine, FIRST, I'd need coveralls. And maybe a name tag sewn in.
    Last edited by sungila; 12-14-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote