Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Nightcrawler being immortal is stupid so it will be retconned sooner or later.

But for now it's true.

Thanks for the info. That's interesting. Did he take the damage but just not die, or did he die & come back to life?

I’m surprised no one’s talked about the Marvel Comics Presents story. It was more teasing that Destiny was supposed to be Kurt’s biological mother and I don’t know why that can’t be retconned in now. It’s revealed by the end that this is an Excalibur adventure and that Irene is an alternate version but:

1. No one likes the Draco
    2. NO ONE likes Holy War
    3. Mystique and Destiny as Kurt’s parents make sense

How long until Claremont gets enough leverage to pull the trigger and end the only relevant thing about Austen’s less-than-stellar run?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m surprised no one’s talked about the Marvel Comics Presents story. It was more teasing that Destiny was supposed to be Kurt’s biological mother and I don’t know why that can’t be retconned in now. It’s revealed by the end that this is an Excalibur adventure and that Irene is an alternate version but:

2. NO ONE likes Holy War

How long until Claremont gets enough leverage to pull the trigger and end the only relevant thing about Austen’s less-than-stellar run?
    Soon, I hope. I'd love to see that happen.

I enjoyed the issue. It was nice seeing he and Kitty being written as the close friends they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

2. NO ONE likes Holy War

Oh, fudge! I knew I forgot something off the buy list this month! Gonna fix that...

Not specific to Kurt but it’s hilarious how so many writers keep trying to tie stuff back to Claremont to capture that spirit of his run, but every time Claremont gets five seconds worth of content to do something it’s always him pushing the envelope to do something new with his characters. His one page in the Holiday Special was trying to set up Kitty as running for President.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Oh, fudge! I knew I forgot something off the buy list this month! Gonna fix that...
    The Luke Ross art is MWAH

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post

I enjoyed the issue. It was nice seeing he and Kitty being written as the close friends they once were.
    We need a family album photo of Mystique, Destiny, Rogue, Nightcrawler, and Blindfold.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post

I finally got a hold of that issue. Very interesting story, and nice art. According to Cockrum, that was one of the ideas that was tossed around for Kurt's parentage before editorial nixed it. I would have liked that a lot more than the Draco nonsense.

Did it seem that Kurt and Kitty were almost a little too close at the end? I love their friendship but I'm not a Kurt/Kitty shipper. Kurt was always more her mentor and friend, given that she joined so young. That said, I love Kurt in that "warlord" costume. I don't mind that being reprised in the least!

Yes, they did seem close. I took it as Claremont teasing shippers.

I prefer them as friends, too.

Hoping some Nightcrawler fans can help me out...

I am reading through Claremont's Uncanny X-Men and just finished issue 209, where Kurt has gone missing after a direct confrontation with Nimrod. There is a recap after the issue in my "Ghosts" TPB that explains the team eventually finds Kurt, but his teleportation ability is no longer functioning.

Does anyone know what comic this happens in?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Hoping some Nightcrawler fans can help me out...

I am reading through Claremont's Uncanny X-Men and just finished issue 209, where Kurt has gone missing after a direct confrontation with Nimrod. There is a recap after the issue in my "Ghosts" TPB that explains the team eventually finds Kurt, but his teleportation ability is no longer functioning.

Does anyone know what comic this happens in?
    Uncanny X-Men 209
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Uncanny X-Men 209
    Thank you, but I read that issue

I mean, what issue do the X-Men (I read it was Colossus, Kitty, & Magik) find Kurt and bring him back in time for mutant massacre?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Thank you, but I read that issue

I mean, what issue do the X-Men (I read it was Colossus, Kitty, & Magik) find Kurt and bring him back in time for mutant massacre?
    Next issue, #210. Kitty, Piotr, and Illyana save Kurt from a mob he couldn't escape without his powers.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

This is one of my fav UXM issues. Also my fav X-cover of all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This is one of my fav UXM issues. Also my fav X-cover of all times.

the beginnings into this than this whole run into and including the fist two excalibur arcs...the best.

Sorry Andru. I somehow entirely misread your question. This scene Rita posted...so good...Kurt has been nearly suicidal in a spiral reeling post Beyonder, post stress of being team leader, post offending Rogue, post trying to be Scott and Ororo and Wolvie all in one and then and then all this entirely death of Don Wagner the Good : this the backstory Passion of Kurt kind of meets it's dramatic turning point in 211! When Wolvie yells too late as if it would have stopped him...ouch, it gets to me in the still so tender...the coming out of the tunnels with Kurt's broken body...it's beautiful stuff. It's Kurt being the soul of the X-Men in the most profound and grounded way. This is the Nightcrawler I first got to know when I began reading X-Men comics...though, happily I did so along with Cockrum's solo book. Kinda perfect.
    Last edited by sungila; 06-09-2019 at 01:03 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Next issue, #210. Kitty, Piotr, and Illyana save Kurt from a mob he couldn't escape without his powers.
    Ha! I guess I could have just kept reading

Not sure why they needed to include that in a summary when the events take place the following issue. Maybe because in the trade they jump to the annual with Mojo.