Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I’m surprised no one’s talked about the Marvel Comics Presents story. It was more teasing that Destiny was supposed to be Kurt’s biological mother and I don’t know why that can’t be retconned in now. It’s revealed by the end that this is an Excalibur adventure and that Irene is an alternate version but:

1. No one likes the Draco
    2. NO ONE likes Holy War
    3. Mystique and Destiny as Kurt’s parents make sense

How long until Claremont gets enough leverage to pull the trigger and end the only relevant thing about Austen’s less-than-stellar run?
    What?!?! I am so out of the loop. What Marvel Comics presents issue does this story happen in. Like that the horrible Azazel demon Dad story.

Does anyone know what’s up with the red, I am assuming fur, Kurt? What troubles me more is that I have barely seen Kurt on any of the upcoming X-Men new book covers.

Yeah, I'm not seeing him on any lineup so the new era or whatever will be a pass for me, unless that changes.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

I've been on vacation and away from all things comic book for the last couple weeks. So Kurt is not in any of the new line-ups? Please say it isn't so. That makes me entirely not interested in the new era. If they kill him off again or toss him into limbo I'm done with Marvel.

Nightcrawler, per Hickman’s word, is supposed to be an Elder Statesman for the X-Men and has a vital role in the story. He’s also on the roster teaser for Hickman’s main X-Men title.

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    What?!?! I am so out of the loop. What Marvel Comics presents issue does this story happen in. Like that the horrible Azazel demon Dad story.

Does anyone know what’s up with the red, I am assuming fur, Kurt? What troubles me more is that I have barely seen Kurt on any of the upcoming X-Men new book covers.
    Marvel Comics Presents #5. Irene says she’s able to perceive every timeline and universe, yet when she runs into 616!Kurt, she still refers to him as her beloved.

I bought that when it came out! The Kurt and Kitty melted me!

What is everyone's opinion on Kurt being involved with Xavier's new "House of X"?

With Magneto stating mutants are the "new gods"...wouldn't Kurt have an issue with that?

I feel it would be wrong for every mutant to fall in line with Xavier's new status quo, especially Kurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    What is everyone's opinion on Kurt being involved with Xavier's new "House of X"?

With Magneto stating mutants are the "new gods"...wouldn't Kurt have an issue with that?

I feel it would be wrong for every mutant to fall in line with Xavier's new status quo, especially Kurt.
    If I was a betting woman, I'd bet that the larger mutant majority of Krakoa aren't aware of the aggressive and almost threatening stance that Xavier by way of Magneto is taking with the human population about the new mutant homeland. I don't see Nightcrawler, or for that matter Colossus, Kitty, Storm, Jean or any number of the more morally upright mutants being okay with their methods. There is also a question if mind control or manipulation play into Krakoa and it's creation. I wouldn't be surprised if this becomes one of the main conflicts in the next issues of both mini-series.

Nightcrawler, per Hickman’s word, is supposed to be an Elder Statesman for the X-Men and has a vital role in the story. He’s also on the roster teaser for Hickman’s main X-Men title.
    The news I'm hearing is that it's going to be a large rotating roster, so while Kurt won't likely appear in every issue/arc, I'm hoping that it will mean he gets more to do and more of a story when he is featured.
    Last edited by SereneQueen; 07-26-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    "Elder Statesman" seems an odd term for someone in their twenties.

Since that cast is going to be a revolving group, how often will we really see him then? I'd rather he were on a book with a regular cast. Time will tell I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    "Elder Statesman" seems an odd term for someone in their twenties.

Since that cast is going to be a revolving group, how often will we really see him then? I'd rather he were on a book with a regular cast. Time will tell I guess.
    I think it's more a reference to Kurt being someone who's advice is generally respected across all the teams. Which makes sense - I can't think of too many X-Men who have a beef with the Elf.

Mighty Member

Anyone have any idea why there is a RED ‘Nightcrawler’ instead of blue? Or has that not been revealed yet?

Mighty Member

At least we know now that the red looking Nightcrawler was not Kurt but I will now spoil it.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone heard/read anything new about Nightcralwer's role in House of X/Powers of X? Last I've seen, he is going to be on a task force (maybe?) and he's an "elder statesman" for the mutants.

I'm worried he's been sidelined (yet again) during an important story line...

No new Nightcrawler news

There is the release of his long overdue modern Marvel Legends and its THREE different heads!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

3566476-beyonder_woe2.jpg

adult coloring
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote