That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Nick Robles loves us, obvs.
    More:

And this one, NSFW: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJ-Bq0cW...pg&name=medium

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Who’s a pretty boy then?
    Love the bath one so much. Did you notice the silhouette of a shoulder? We’re not the only one watching.
    I am sooooooo bad. So is Mr Robles.

Very nice. I'm not use to seeing Kurt being drawn with his fur being actually noticeable. While I know he is suppose to have fur, it always looks to me like he simply has blue-skin rather than blue fur (like his live-action movie counterpart).
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

...or less

cause yea it's a lil sketch i did and well, i do a lot of these standing at a counter with a scrap of paper for seven minutes or so...cause I mostly, surprise, have very little to say, and this one's about my sort of issues with momentum and triggered response...

to a very manly extra hairy Kurt, for instance

fullsizeoutput_1ac.jpg
    Last edited by sungila; 11-23-2019 at 12:48 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    ...or less

cause yea it's a lil sketch i did and well, i do a lot of these standing at a counter with a scrap of paper for seven minutes or so...cause I mostly, surprise, have very little to say.
    Tsk, this place needs a “like” button.

Can’t remember of this has been posted here either, totally loving the colour and, most of all, they dynamism in this one.

6A7974F7-EBCB-4597-A825-73C31FBBC9BE.jpg

Family friendly fanfic.
    https://archiveofourown.org/works/21466486

Summary:
    The very earliest days in the Mansion are strange and exciting to a European Romany acrobat. They’re annoying and irritating to a Canadian fighter, used to being a loner.
    And their lovely Wind Rider is homesick too.

But Kurt has A Plan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Tsk, this place needs a “like” button.

Can’t remember of this has been posted here either, totally loving the colour and, most of all, they dynamism in this one.

6A7974F7-EBCB-4597-A825-73C31FBBC9BE.jpg
    Love pictures of Kurt (or Spidey, Gambit, Daredevil, Longshot, Iron Fist, Jolt, etc.) that have a real sense of motion and athleticism to them, all dynamic and long-limbed motion. It's way cooler to me than the head-down charge in style of combat more common among the big bruisers like the Thing, Hulk, Luke Cage, etc.

How many diehard Kurt fans really don’t like this Hickman run. Am I the only one? Guggenheim was way better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Love pictures of Kurt (or Spidey, Gambit, Daredevil, Longshot, Iron Fist, Jolt, etc.) that have a real sense of motion and athleticism to them, all dynamic and long-limbed motion. It's way cooler to me than the head-down charge in style of combat more common among the big bruisers like the Thing, Hulk, Luke Cage, etc.
    Yep, and I always want him drawn gracefully and not too stupidly muscular, he’s a thoroughbred, not a plow horse.
    There is always a problem with artists who learn to draw by copying other artists, rather than reality.
    We all do it to some extent, but your influences can cripple your style.
    And to compound this, artists copy artists who are copying artists and you end up with some of the crap we got in the 90’s.
    Pages full of musclebound action poses, with incomprehensible layout, no subtlety and an inability to draw anything but musclebound action poses. So no backgrounds or civilians. Artists unable to draw a character sitting down. Or walking. Or hands.

Sorry. Bit of a rant there...

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    How many diehard Kurt fans really don’t like this Hickman run. Am I the only one? Guggenheim was way better imo.
    I haven’t seen enough of Kurt yet to decide, I like the Krakoa set up, like the new comics, but he’s barely been on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Ohmy, I LOVE it! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    TOTALLY agree.

Yep, and I always want him drawn gracefully and not too stupidly muscular, he’s a thoroughbred, not a plow horse.
    There is always a problem with artists who learn to draw by copying other artists, rather than reality.
    We all do it to some extent, but your influences can cripple your style.
    And to compound this, artists copy artists who are copying artists and you end up with some of the crap we got in the 90’s.
    Pages full of musclebound action poses, with incomprehensible layout, no subtlety and an inability to draw anything but musclebound action poses. So no backgrounds or civilians. Artists unable to draw a character sitting down. Or walking. Or hands.
    And TOTALLY agree. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're against the flow... :/
    Last edited by Ricochet Rita; 11-27-2019 at 05:07 AM.

And TOTALLY agree. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid we're against the flow... :/
    When I was buying a lot of comics in the 80s, most of them weren’t superhero comics, I started with 200AD and Warrior and MarvelUK so I’ve always been used to versatile artists, different artists, artists who drew their inspiration from Classic art, or Pop art, or from their own, deranged imaginations.
    I’ve bought all manner of stuff, from Love and Rockets, Omaha the Cat Dancer, Mage, ElfQuest, A Distand Soil, Furry Freak Brothers, everything from the cute to the downright weird underground stuff. The only DC stuff was British wave writers (Swamp-thing, Watchmen, V, Sandman) and the only Marvel was X-Men (and Cap Britain).

Hm, I dread to think what some of them are now worth. I really should go through the boxes and sell what I don’t want. But not all of them are in good nick, I bought them to read, not to collect.

But I digress. Yes, good art, by competent artists is important and Kurt should be drawn as an athlete not a ten ton truck. Ahem.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

oh my stars and garters.. these look nice especially the snfw one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh my stars and garters.. these look nice especially the snfw one.
    Nick is a very, very, very, very bad man. And we do appreciate him.

When I was buying a lot of comics in the 80s, most of them weren’t superhero comics, I started with 200AD and Warrior and MarvelUK so I’ve always been used to versatile artists, different artists, artists who drew their inspiration from Classic art, or Pop art, or from their own, deranged imaginations.
    I’ve bought all manner of stuff, from Love and Rockets, Omaha the Cat Dancer, Mage, ElfQuest, A Distand Soil, Furry Freak Brothers, everything from the cute to the downright weird underground stuff. The only DC stuff was British wave writers (Swamp-thing, Watchmen, V, Sandman) and the only Marvel was X-Men (and Cap Britain).

Hm, I dread to think what some of them are now worth. I really should go through the boxes and sell what I don’t want. But not all of them are in good nick, I bought them to read, not to collect.
    I feel sooo much recognized in your words! :__)

(Also, you said the magic ones: Love & Rockets)

I'm a comics lover, not a strictly X-comics lover --not even a Marvel lover. I read anything, and I especially like that sort you're talking of. Also, since I'm a ravenous reader, I'm afraid I'm not very careful and many of my stuff is a bit damaged, LOL.

But I digress. Yes, good art, by competent artists is important and Kurt should be drawn as an athlete not a ten ton truck. Ahem.
    I specifically like the way Davis drew him in early Excalibur. When Kurt was standing up, his position was that of a dancer, which suits with his acrobat training.

I feel sooo much recognized in your words! :__)

(Also, you said the magic ones: Love & Rockets)

I'm a comics lover, not a strictly X-comics lover --not even a Marvel lover. I read anything, and I especially like that sort you're talking of. Also, since I'm a ravenous reader, I'm afraid I'm not very careful and many of my stuff is a bit damaged, LOL.

I specifically like the way Davis drew him in early Excalibur. When Kurt was standing up, his position was that of a dancer, which suits with his acrobat training.
    Some of mine were bought damaged, my early X-Men, bought so I could read the story, if the comic shop had a copy of 103 for £5 and a better copy for £7, I bought the cheaper one, because I wanted to finish reading the story.
    It was hard, no digital copies, no reprints*

*well, Marvel UK reprints, but they were hard to get hold of too and were black and white. They were where I first saw the X-Men, in an ‘Adult Shop’ in Manchester, the comics were a front for the more dodgy stuff behind the curtain or under the counter. My Mother would have had a heart attack if she’d known I was going in there.

Alan Davis Kurt is always so graceful. Even with a broken leg.
    87C7FD7E-4464-46D5-8129-D458CDA57BAF.jpg