Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 301
  1. #61
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    God bless fanservice

    I truly believe that Kurt was the one who introduced explicit male sex appeal in Marvel comics. Probaly thanks to Cockrum himself.
    Yes, he did draw this after all.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post

    Age of X-Man Alpha was a very good start, in my opinion. I enjoyed it. The phonetic dialect was a surprise, but someone did their German homework a little better than in the past on the phrases he threw out. I enjoyed all of the issue, but it was fun seeing the set up for Kurt basically being the superstar (Errol Flynn/Roger Moore) of this world. It was an interesting fantasy come to life concept with all that it entails. It brings to mind the old adage: Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.
    I won't be able to get this for at least a week and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed about the accent. I honestly have trouble with reading it. If there is a "z" it is usually a very light z but when you are reading it out it comes out as a hard z. And you would have to concentrate really hard to get it to sound like an authentic German accent. Claremont himself said the reason he didn't have a thick accent was because of all the American movies he grew up on. Oh well, I can just replace the z with an th like I usually do. And I'm glad the story seems good so far,


    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Cockrum said more than once on the Nightscrawler's forum that Kurt was his alter ego and he always envisioned himself as the romantic hero.

    Darick Robertson, artist of Kurt's third solo series was a regular on the forum at the time and he was surprised at how large a female following Nightcrawler had. It was one of the reasons he drew Kurt in the shower and shirtless. I'm sure Alan Davis knew it too lol.
    I remember the old single Nightcrawler board sponsored by hoastboards started by Slarti. It spun out of the Wizard World thread I had created. This was before it became the much bigger forum Nightscrawlers. Darrick Robertson was a class act. He invited us to his forum to discuss Kurt's book. Great times. Unfortunately, I left before Cockrum came. Too bad. I would have liked to have talked to him. I'm trying to remember if I remember you. Wow. It's been almost 20 years since then. Time flies and then you get grey hairs.

  2. #62
    Fantastic Member Sundown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Preview art Amazing Nightcrawler #1


  3. #63
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember the old single Nightcrawler board sponsored by hoastboards started by Slarti. It spun out of the Wizard World thread I had created. This was before it became the much bigger forum Nightscrawlers. Darrick Robertson was a class act. He invited us to his forum to discuss Kurt's book. Great times. Unfortunately, I left before Cockrum came. Too bad. I would have liked to have talked to him. I'm trying to remember if I remember you. Wow. It's been almost 20 years since then. Time flies and then you get grey hairs.
    Hehe, I remember that picture.

    Cockrum was a regular, and very approachable until his illness. If you left before he started you might have already been gone when I joined. My username was Shadow Dancer. I left for awhile then when I returned I forgot my password and started a new account as Indigo Lady. Activity on the site dropped off after Kurt became pretty much wallpaper in the books. Kurt's death sealed the forum's fate. It was fun while it lasted.

  4. #64
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Cockrum said more than once on the Nightscrawler's forum that Kurt was his alter ego and he always envisioned himself as the romantic hero.
    Darick Robertson, artist of Kurt's third solo series was a regular on the forum at the time and he was surprised at how large a female following Nightcrawler had. It was one of the reasons he drew Kurt in the shower and shirtless. I'm sure Alan Davis knew it too lol.
    I'd never thought to ask if there were others in this forum from Nightscrawlers. Although I came to Nightscrawlers late, I am eternally grateful for the treasure trove stored in its archives. I have such fondness for the fun and brilliant guidance of that community. After decades and years since then, I'm still new to the internet, I get easily lost in this fairy tale multiverse crosstime quirk of a danger room sequence...motion sickness and all. Nightscrawlers was a reason to stay and acclimate, a place to begin and to fascinate. All that rotten egg queasiness becoming the sweet scent of brimstone...refuge in the passage.

    Did Cockrum actually share this with the forum? Or is this scrap of amazing torn from another script?



    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Yes, he did draw this after all.



    Wow. It's been almost 20 years since then. Time flies and then you get grey hairs.
    Oh my! Shadows where have you been? It's so good of you to participate here at CBR. And thank you for all you've shared with Nightcrawler fans over the years. I've never known there was you to thank, but surely there is you to thank for oh so much and most lately this astounding portrait?

    Where does it come from?

    Are there, is there a key or reference or list of sites or links anywhere to the materials, the interviews, the actual ephemera of Kurt Wagner from the creators. I'm suddenly so very interested in the possibility of real back issues of magazines, books and stuff that Cockrum and the other creators may have published or contributed to. Did I mention I'm gracelessly askew in all things internet?



    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Hehe, I remember that picture.
    Kurt's death sealed the forum's fate. It was fun while it lasted.
    Yes, that was just before I got there.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  5. #65
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    I truly believe that Kurt was the one who introduced explicit male sex appeal in Marvel comics. Probaly thanks to Cockrum himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I agree, Rita, and my-oh-my did it work well. Lol!
    You & you!

    ...and oh me, oh my...this is especially for me personally...absolutely astoundingly...
    astonishingly obviously...

    true!


    and all this time I claimed it was Prince
    Last edited by sungila; 02-01-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  6. #66
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Preview art Amazing Nightcrawler #1

    This looks kind of solemn. I hope our Elf is ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Hehe, I remember that picture.
    Cockrum was a regular, and very approachable until his illness. If you left before he started you might have already been gone when I joined. My username was Shadow Dancer. I left for awhile then when I returned I forgot my password and started a new account as Indigo Lady. Activity on the site dropped off after Kurt became pretty much wallpaper in the books. Kurt's death sealed the forum's fate. It was fun while it lasted.
    I do remember you! I was there for only a little while when it first became Nightscrawlers. I was Dragonlady!

  7. #67
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post

    Did Cockrum actually share this with the forum? Or is this scrap of amazing torn from another script?
    He shared it with the people at Nightscrawlers. At least that is what I was told because I had left by that time.

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Are there, is there a key or reference or list of sites or links anywhere to the materials, the interviews, the actual ephemera of Kurt Wagner from the creators. I'm suddenly so very interested in the possibility of real back issues of magazines, books and stuff that Cockrum and the other creators may have published or contributed to. Did I mention I'm gracelessly askew in all things internet?
    I think there is an issue checklist at the current Nightscrawlers. I know for a fact that one of my friends from the Nightcrawler board had a place called Bamf Central with tons of info as well as appearances listed. I think it may be gone now, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Oh my! Shadows where have you been? It's so good of you to participate here at CBR. And thank you for all you've shared with Nightcrawler fans over the years. I've never known there was you to thank, but surely there is you to thank for oh so much and most lately this astounding portrait?
    No need to really thank me. Slarti really did all the work and moved my thread to Hostboard. He started it up and did all the work and everything. I remember when the Wizard administrators would come in and check on us and make sure we were on topic and weren't posting nonsense just to keep the thread on top. It became quite big and was refered to as "The Infamous Nightcrawler Thread" by many. It was funny. I read my first Logurt slash fic through that place. "Die Bier." Those were, uh, interesting times.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-01-2019 at 06:30 PM.

  8. #68
    Fantastic Member Sundown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Nightscrawlers was where I got my start too, years ago. It was a treasure trove with some great discussion.

  9. #69
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,187
    Last edited by sungila; 02-03-2019 at 06:58 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  10. #70
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    That's quite beautiful, really. Kurt looks very graceful.

  11. #71
    Spectacular Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    140

    Default

    IMG-20190203-WA0009.jpg

    Hi folks - obviously not as great as the other art on here, but here is a wee sketch by Alan Davis from a few years ago from a panel "60 second sketch" challenge.

    We all shouted out names (i said NIghtcrawler), and the host picked (I think) Sunfire, but Alan said "Nah - I'm gonna do Nightcrawler". Gave me the sketch after.

  12. #72
    Astonishing Member From The Shadows's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Salem Center, NY
    Posts
    2,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    IMG-20190203-WA0009.jpg

    Hi folks - obviously not as great as the other art on here, but here is a wee sketch by Alan Davis from a few years ago from a panel "60 second sketch" challenge.

    We all shouted out names (i said NIghtcrawler), and the host picked (I think) Sunfire, but Alan said "Nah - I'm gonna do Nightcrawler". Gave me the sketch after.
    Wow. How awesome is that? Thanks for sharing.

  13. #73
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Wow, that's nice work. Thanks for sharing

    I recently did a search on Deviantart for any new Nightcrawler art but I couldn't find anything I liked.

  14. #74
    Mighty Member sungila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dawnland
    Posts
    1,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    That's quite beautiful, really. Kurt looks very graceful.
    I read my first Logurt stories from a few very talented past contributors to this thread. But they seem to have left. I am grateful they were my intiates. When done well...ah, such wonderful possibility...unknowing unlearning undressing the 'idea of things' for a deeper understanding, yes?

    I absolutely love this portrait. Graceful yes. I've always felt a certain kinship between Kurt and Shakespeare's Aerial. And this image captures that without abandoning the indelibly roguish defiance of Kurt's sense of singularity.

    Doesn't he almost seem offended that Mystique looks like him when he first encounters her? Isn't he rather enraged at the audacious idea that he does indeed actually come from some place other than smoke and brimstone and tragedy?

    I've often envisioned his quest for 'knowing' as best staged in the first pages of Aaron's Quest for Nightcrawler...he gets his eternal reward and of course...he finds the edge, turns his back to it and broods.

    “Thou shalt be free
    As mountain winds: but then exactly do
    All points of my command.”

    Such bondage, bar to bar, and up so high and oh so alone...the intimate afar of the trapeze artist, a spectacle if seen, and from up there...seeing them all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Buttocks View Post
    IMG-20190203-WA0009.jpg


    Hi folks - obviously not as great as the other art on here, but here is a wee sketch by Alan Davis from a few years ago from a panel "60 second sketch" challenge.

    We all shouted out names (i said NIghtcrawler), and the host picked (I think) Sunfire, but Alan said "Nah - I'm gonna do Nightcrawler". Gave me the sketch after.
    Hello Captain! WOW! So awesome! Oh, so very awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    Wow, that's nice work. Thanks for sharing

    I recently did a search on Deviantart for any new Nightcrawler art but I couldn't find anything I liked.
    Deviantart is a great place to find Nightcrawler art. There is however a lot of the same there. This is my new favorite accidentally discovered portrait. I have no idea how I found it. I really like that he's mid port...he's not out of the smoke...he's one with it, you know...and that's so very him to me
    Last edited by sungila; 02-17-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

  15. #75
    Mighty Member darewithpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,912

    Default



    heres a variant
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •