Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

AGE OF X-MAN: THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #4 (of 5)

SEANAN MCGUIRE (W)

JUAN FRIGERI (A)

COVER BY SHANE DAVIS, MICHELLE DELECKI & DIEGO RODRIGUEZ

THE MOST FORBIDDEN LOVE!

• "Role model and idol to millions Kurt Wagner (better known

as Nightcrawler) may have had a lapse in judgment a few years ago...and only Mystique can lead him to the fruit of his loins!"

This was taken from the recently posted May Solicits. So what do we all think this is suggesting? That Kurt has a bouncing baby daughter somewhere?

Granted, this is AU Kurt, but it could be very interesting. Wonder if mom is one of his past encounters.

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...U1MDY4MTA5Mw==
    Last edited by Indigo_Lady; 02-20-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: to add image

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Kurt is finally getting some love in Hasbro's Marvel Legends toyline.
    Yes yes! It is supposed to be released in September and available in retail stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Indigo_Lady View Post
    AGE OF X-MAN: THE AMAZING NIGHTCRAWLER #4 (of 5)

SEANAN MCGUIRE (W)

JUAN FRIGERI (A)

COVER BY SHANE DAVIS, MICHELLE DELECKI & DIEGO RODRIGUEZ

THE MOST FORBIDDEN LOVE!

• "Role model and idol to millions Kurt Wagner (better known

as Nightcrawler) may have had a lapse in judgment a few years ago...and only Mystique can lead him to the fruit of his loins!"

This was taken from the recently posted May Solicits. So what do we all think this is suggesting? That Kurt has a bouncing baby daughter somewhere?

Granted, this is AU Kurt, but it could be very interesting. Wonder if mom is one of his past encounters.

https://img.purch.com/h/1400/aHR0cDo...U1MDY4MTA5Mw==
    That's certainly what it sounds like to me.

I really hope Kurt didn't have a past encounter with Mommy dearest. I assume this is either a hoax cooked up by Mystique, Kurt somehow had an encounter that resulted in a kid, for which he was probably mind-wiped to forget, or the Kurt kiddi us a test tube baby. It honestly seems a little soap-operaish but the first comic in this series was decent, and gave Nightcrawler as a character some maturity and nuance he hasn't had in a long time, so I'm willing to keep an open mind. So far I'm liking this 1984 Mutopia premise, and I appreciate Kurt's overall importance to this timeline. Nice change of pace from his long standing wallpaper role.

Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by SereneQueen View Post
    I really hope Kurt didn't have a past encounter with Mommy dearest. I assume this is either a hoax cooked up by Mystique, Kurt somehow had an encounter that resulted in a kid, for which he was probably mind-wiped to forget, or the Kurt kiddi us a test tube baby. It honestly seems a little soap-operaish but the first comic in this series was decent, and gave Nightcrawler as a character some maturity and nuance he hasn't had in a long time, so I'm willing to keep an open mind. So far I'm liking this 1984 Mutopia premise, and I appreciate Kurt's overall importance to this timeline. Nice change of pace from his long standing wallpaper role.
    UGH! That hadn't even occurred to me. Surely not....oh please no his "sister"was bad enough

I was thinking it might be a previously mind wiped encounter with Meg to carry back over into the main universe when everything is finished. They do seem to have been making an effort to make Kurt feel somewhat older lately, and with the positive feedback from his interaction with baby Maggie (as well as past history with adult TJ), I can see them doing this with him, possibly. It could get sticky if it's by Megan, given that Brian is waiting back in the real world, so they may opt for some absentee woman.

The test tube kid is another possibility. I can see someone wanting the DNA of this world's biggest celebrity and maybe trying to exploit it.

SPOILER alert, if you don't want one, look no further....

It seems like the most obvious would be that she's his and Meg's and they've both been repeatedly mind wiped, but not imprisoned because of their celebrity status. I'm just not sure how long this new world has lasted so far.

ANC1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    SPOILER alert, if you don't want one, look no further....

It seems like the most obvious would be that she's his and Meg's and they've both been repeatedly mind wiped, but not imprisoned because of their celebrity status. I'm just not sure how long this new world has lasted so far.

ANC1.jpg
    True, and frankly Meggan has always been the most likable of all of Kurt's romantic interests to me...except for the fact that in the 'real' world she is married with kid. Then again, I'm still confused how real this AU is, if there are actually going to be physical consequences for the actions committed in it, or if it is more like the Matrix and everything is only happening in everyone's minds and the consequences will be emotional, if we are lucky. I feel like this Nightcrawler love child thing won't be as straight forward as it seems on the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    This is a nightmare, a visitation from a guardian Angel called Kurt's acuity of understanding and keen outsider perception, he steps outside himself in crisis and witnesses himself from without and sees the clarity of the circus below from the height of the shadowed platform.

He, imagines himself a young damsel in distress, himself, his child!

Kurt has these Inferno fever dreams. Sometimes even when he's awake. Sometimes they're real not real but real. Reel-to-Reel.
    In between acts, while he waits...without the script and audience, with the bar in hand, this is a scene from a break in the frames of Kurt's guilty sleeping seeping consciousness, the child is the babe of his awakening / damnation and this responsibility of revelation...

or

Mystique is the bump on head that wakes her son out his romantic ideals of sin and redemption and other security fantasies.

or

I'm characteristically infamously misgiven and gazing once again, foiled, seeing mostly myself in the shiny surface of May's solicitation.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-22-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”
    ― Miguel de Cervantes Don Quixote

[COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]
    ANC1.jpg

Nude scene: check
    and so well done, not a cursory crude indulgence but an earned poetic phrase - voluminous and vulnerable

The first issue is so well spun, patient and captivating. It wonders and trusts the reader to know Kurt well enough to afford a mutual faith in subtleties and twists of tragic romance.

Romeo and Juliet, Adam and Eve...takes two to lose paradise. And paradise is never love. Paradise, is a horrible bearded man, that in the ONE of his law forbids such pairings and freedom.

How long has it been since love's revolution was simply, the act of loving?

The threat of sleeping sisters sharing a bed. The art - performance.
    And this book...such silken emotional absorbency.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-23-2019 at 01:51 AM.
    “The reason of the unreasonableness which against my reason is wrought, doth so weaken my reason, as with all reason I do justly complain on your beauty.”

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I have been really enjoying Kurts mini so far!

Quote Originally Posted by sungila View Post
    Nude scene: check
    and so well done, not a cursory crude indulgence but an earned poetic phrase - voluminous and vulnerable
    Agree. This scene didn't even need words (though I'm a new fan of McGuire's). It was so elegantly done it could've simply been a painting entitled "Regret".

I really really loved this issue. I've missed this Kurt for so long now. It's been years since his characterization was so on point, with the exception of (in my opinion) his interaction with Brian and baby Maggie in the Excalibur reunion.

I love that this series seems to be delving into the underlying tone of this world, because what is pop culture but a visible representation of the collective consciousness of a time period? It really adds depth to what might otherwise just feel like another AU.

I am looking forward to seeing what Claremont does with the one-shot, though. Here's hoping his hands won't be as tied with this one as they seemed to be with Kurt's last solo.
    Last edited by Sundown; 02-22-2019 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    I love your posts
    Wow, you're very kind. Thank you.

This could be something special. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I have been really enjoying Kurts mini so far!
    Me too, caution to the wind! I loved that first issue.

Agree. This scene didn't even need words (though I'm a new fan of McGuire's). It was so elegantly done it could've simply been a painting entitled "Regret".

I really really loved this issue. I've missed this Kurt for so long now. It's been years since his characterization was so on point, with the exception of (in my opinion) his interaction with Brian and baby Maggie in the Excalibur reunion.

I love that this series seems to be delving into the underlying tone of this world, because what is pop culture but a visible representation of the collective consciousness of a time period? It really adds depth to what might otherwise just feel like another AU.

I am looking forward to seeing what Claremont does with the one-shot, though. Here's hoping his hands won't be as tied with this one as they seemed to be with Kurt's last solo.
    It brings me great joy Sundown to share in your good feels about this series and this Kurt. I sigh and smile and applaud. Suddely it truly does feel like so very long, since this quality.

I suppose I had adjusted more or less to a sort of pilot light blue version of Kurt that would flare up here in there into Amazing, but that's not the Kurt I grew to love...the Kurt in my heart's cannon is a shapeshifter who doesn't have that power...but his emotions run so close to fur, his empathy for others like his flesh for shadows, shows expressively and in his words and deeds.

He messes up mostly because a heart on the sleeve of a white glove gets messy.

And now, here he is! Out of the into the blue!

It's sad that there is no solicited plan for a collected trade and the print edition of the first issue was so carelessly produced. Cut, folded and stapled with no more regard than a news flyer. But perhaps that how the artifact is meant to be, since that's how it is. And my #1 does queerly fit the tone and dress of this story, H & M look and quality...but the man inside, well that last scene tells it all.
    Last edited by sungila; 02-24-2019 at 01:03 AM.

So what would you guys like to see happen with the child that's apparently going to be introduced? Do you want him to bring her back to the main world and become a dad or would you prefer she stay behind and become a memory of potential for him to yearn for?

I have mixed feelings over it. Like someone said in a different thread, why should Scott, Jean and Logan be the only ones with progeny in the line? Based on how he was with Maggie, it could make for some very cute interactions and would assuredly be a significant change in direction for the character as well as an actual story line for him.

However, that story could mean he's relegated to the background even more than he has been. It could mean him deciding to retire from active duty and take a more passive role in the X-Men, like teaching. He strikes me as someone who'd be a very dedicated parent (as he was in TJ's world).