Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

I wonder if that child is Nocturne? Has Wanda appeared anywhere in the "Age of X-Man" series yet?
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Not that I know of. She's not a mutant at the moment, so she wouldn't have gotten Jean's call.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the return of Cerise over in Mr & Mrs X -- do any Kurt fans support the romantic reunion of these two?

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing it! But I agree with what Sundown said a ways back about Amanda. Kurt needs to be shown affected more in my opinion about her death first since that is something CC drug up again. CC has a tendency to write Kurt as a bit passionless since he made him a priest and that doesn't mean you are that confident about everything and have no emotional attachments. On the plus side Claremont at least portrays Kurt's faith in a positive light (outside of the Beyonder thing). I'd like to see him mourning a few issues at least and I know that's kind of hard considering he has already "dated" Rachel since then.

Anyway, Kurt didn't leave Cerise like the Brian/Meggan wedding issue with the big slap suggested. He was going to fight for her but she told him not to and this was something she had to do and boy was that run really bad. Lol! Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I wonder if that child is Nocturne? Has Wanda appeared anywhere in the "Age of X-Man" series yet?
    oooh, how did I not even think of this!

I was wondering though if Scope might be in cahoots with Mystique. Tactile environment projection - could this extend to generating people?

Dancing in the Shadows Indigo_Lady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    The cover art is nice, but I knew there was just something that bugged me about it. Where are Kurt's fangs? Does editorial ever catch anything that's not right?

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #178 Feb 1984
    "Hell hath No Fury...!"
    Shadowcat has just stumbled upon the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants handiwork
    - Colossus super-heated and then flash frozen to near-absolute zero -
    a condition which almost certainly means Peter's death! Desperate, she mentally calls out to Professor X for help.

At the mansion, Professor X hears, and knowing that it is the Brotherhood, is careful not to alert Rogue.
    In the Danger Room, Storm and Wolverine are testing Wolverine's precision
    - he manages to nick her cape from her as she flies by at high speed without hitting her person.
    Storm is talking much like Yukio. The Professor contacts them, but their telepathic discussion is cut short by a powerful psionic scan.
    Storm carries Wolverine to quickly cover the distance between Salem Center and New York City.

Kitty is pulling herself together where Colossus stands as a mute statue when she remembers
    Reed Richards had a recent device documented in Scientific American that might help.
    She tries calling ahead from a pay phone only to discover the Fantastic Four aren't in.
    She hops in a cab and tells the driver to head for the Baxter Building.

Elsewhere, the Morlocks Callisto, Masque and Sunder stand about the body of a homeless young woman in an alley.
    Callisto enigmatically predicts there will be one more Morlock before the night is through, and Masque goes to work on the corpse.

Outside Lincoln Center. Kurt and Amanda are making out, when they realize that everyone has gone inside and the plaza is empty.

They wonder what happened to Peter and Kitty, when they are suddenly attacked by a great bird of fire!
    Kurt's quick porting saves them from Pyro's creature and Avalanche,

and then Amanda counters the fire creature with sorcery.
    Blob, however, gets the drop on them, and only the sudden intervention of Storm prevents their deaths.

The Baxter Building. Kitty heads inside and phases through the robot secretary,
    disorienting it long enough to keep her ahead of the security systems.

Lincoln Center. The X-Men and the Brotherhood are fairly evenly matched -
    until Storm opens up the heavens and makes it rain so hard the combatants have problems standing.

Baxter Building. Kitty grabs the device and heads up to the roof. A little worried about the height,
    she tries to take it slow, but gets startled by something behind her as she's stepping out into oblivion!

Lincoln Center. Nightcrawler uses Avalanche to trap Blob,

and the Brotherhood surrenders?

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters. Rogue brings Prof X tea, except its not Rogue!
    Xavier notices the psionic damper, and beats it at the last second to change what would be a fatal shot into a grazing hit.
    The real Rogue walks in on Mystique getting ready for the kill, and they have a confrontation. Rogue pours her heart out.

Lincoln Center. Mystique contacts the X-Men and offers to trade Xavier's life for the freedom of her Brotherhood.
    Storm agrees, and Blob laughs about how they still nailed Colossus.
    Destiny makes a dire prediction about Kitty Pryde and the Baxter Building.

On a sidewalk outside the Baxter Building, Kitty Pryde lies broken from the fall.

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by John Romita, Jr., Bob Wiacek and Brett Breeding.

Kurts birthplace! Love the music and I'd say some parts of it looks like it belongs in Middle Earth.

BANNED

Sorry for the "slight" off-topic but:

Nightcrawler's outfit in X2 was supposed to be his circus suit? Was it gray or brown, I don't remember...

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

If not his performing outfit, at least his civvies.

BANNED

Yes.

Strangely, I always perceived it as being dark gray?

Said that, if Nightcrawler did his facial tattoos to remember his sins, why was he already tattooed in 1983 (Apocalypse)?

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    Yes.

Strangely, I always perceived it as being dark gray?

Said that, if Nightcrawler did his facial tattoos to remember his sins, why was he already tattooed in 1983 (Apocalypse)?
    Because FOX sucks that's why, they don't care about making sense they just care about churning out any old mess as quick as possible to make as much money as possible simply to keep rights. Many of us Nighty fans didn't like the scars and think its OOC. They admitted they couldn't do the blue make-up properly so they added the religious twist. I rather it have been scars from Strykers program if they had to go that route. But I understand that others like that version. More power to them.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-26-2019 at 06:24 PM.

I would prefer if they'd just go CGI with him. It worked very well with Colossus in the Deadpool films. That way we don't have the scars, the non prehensile tail and the weird hand and foot gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    I would prefer if they'd just go CGI with him. It worked very well with Colossus in the Deadpool films. That way we don't have the scars, the non prehensile tail and the weird hand and foot gloves.
    Lol! I could tell they were gloves. They seemed cumbersome too.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Lol! I could tell they were gloves. They seemed cumbersome too.
    Yes, it was obvious. Here we have arguably the most agile mutant shuffling around in this get up like an old man. Argh!

Quote Originally Posted by Sundown View Post
    Yes, it was obvious. Here we have arguably the most agile mutant shuffling around in this get up like an old man. Argh!
    He was definitely in dire need of some ointment. :-/