Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    At this point it would be preferable to having him with someone who calls him “Jubilee’s runt” and then hands him off to a subterranean one-eyed murderwitch without a backwards glance.

Strain’s Chamber would never have done such a thing.
    awful! I cant believe how OOC this is. Or maybe I can. >_<

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Strain's Generation X... knew what it was, and it delivered as far as I'm concerned. Probably wasn't for everyone
    not for fans of the original Generation X that's for sure

So I got the first appearance of Jubilee, X-Men #244, for Chris Clairmont to sign at C2E2. I just read it and in her first appearance she looked kind of like a greaser. I'm tempted subscribe to Unlimited to see when she adopts her standard look.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    sorry but Strain's everything should be ignored forever
    I too, did not like that run. I can appreciate that others like it, but I don’t think it should be the end all be all for how the characters are to be portrayed. I do think it did a lot of good for Jubilee’s character, but everyone else (aside from Monet) not so much. As nice as “well adjusted” Jono seemed, with that coming out of nowhere, it felt out-of-character to me. As much as he’s kinda pushing Cyclops now, he seems more in-character to me now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    So I got the first appearance of Jubilee, X-Men #244, for Chris Clairmont to sign at C2E2. I just read it and in her first appearance she looked kind of like a greaser. I'm tempted subscribe to Unlimited to see when she adopts her standard look.
    I’m not at my computer, so I can only look it up. So no picture sharing. She did look super different! No yellow coat!

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I too, did not like that run. I can appreciate that others like it, but I don’t think it should be the end all be all for how the characters are to be portrayed. I do think it did a lot of good for Jubilee’s character, but everyone else (aside from Monet) not so much. As nice as “well adjusted” Jono seemed, with that coming out of nowhere, it felt out-of-character to me. As much as he’s kinda pushing Cyclops now, he seems more in-character to me now.
    its funny b/c ten years ago I would have agreed about Jono being OOC in this book. But I guess I got used to seeing Jono being so "cuddly". I guess it was also all those years he was a teacher, didn't seem that odd for him to then go on to where he is now. He seemed so happy with Jubilee and Shogo. It was a nice change of pace to see him happy for once. But I can see how many would find that OOC. I still think handing Shogo over to Callisto(who he barely knows) is even more OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    its funny b/c ten years ago I would have agreed about Jono being OOC in this book. But I guess I got used to seeing Jono being so "cuddly". I guess it was also all those years he was a teacher, didn't seem that odd for him to then go on to where he is now. He seemed so happy with Jubilee and Shogo. It was a nice change of pace to see him happy for once. But I can see how many would find that OOC. I still think handing Shogo over to Callisto(who he barely knows) is even more OOC.
    You know, I did like how happy he was with Jubilee. I actually do like them together too. I do think that he has the potential to get to that point. It's just that even as he was shown with his students, that felt like a bit much to me. And considering Callisto's history, I can agree with that being OOC for Jono too. It does seems to me that he intends to return to the Morlocks, though. My hope (though it might be not be so easy, depending on the writer) is that Jubilee does get Shogo back with no problems. Especially consider Callisto's history. I'm actually one of those people who think that Shogo needs to go away though. But as it stands as of now, he belongs where Jubilee would approve.

Do we know how much time has passed since the X-Men "died"? I'm honestly curious if it was written somewhere and I missed it.

I like that cover. She looks mature too. I like when she doesn't look like a little 13 year old.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    At this point it would be preferable to having him with someone who calls him “Jubilee’s runt” and then hands him off to a subterranean one-eyed murderwitch without a backwards glance.

Strain’s Chamber would never have done such a thing.
    Yeah, the word "runt" doesn't really conjure up any positivity in an X-Men context. It's what Sabretooth called Wolverine on the old Fox X-Men cartoon.

It's almost like Rosenberg is overcompensating for Jono being so soft in GenX. Maybe Jono's just bitter over Jubes "dying".

I love that cover, btw. Stunning work.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    It's almost like Rosenberg is overcompensating for Jono being so soft in GenX. Maybe Jono's just bitter over Jubes "dying".

I love that cover, btw. Stunning work.
    Maybe. But I kind of think that's just how he writes the character.

Jubilee, come baaaack! Your boyfriend is angsting at everyone.

Lemme just contribute something nice to the thread. Lammasu got me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yup.
    And standard eye color I can forgive/not care about. I see folks all the time crying outrage if X-23 doesn't have green eyes, for example.
    I can understand that kind of "WTF!?!" for characters like Remy who has such a unique ocular visual but I'm quick to forgive any other baseline miscolorings.

The ethnicity, age, and bust size will forever vex me though. FOR. EV. ER.
    Valeria Richards, for example, need not have breasts, yo.
    TRY.
    HARDER.
    PEOPLE.
    Use references. Diversify your body types. Height variances. BOOB size.
    True... I'm surprised how voluminous they draw Valeria sometimes... also with the race thing, I'm from Latin America so my first contact with the X-Men was the 90's cartoon and I didn't even know the comics existed and I admit I thought Jubilee was a white girl, I was surprised when they made her more Asian when they changed studios and learning years later that she was, in fact, Asian, all because she looks white in the comics!!!

And same with other characters is like they think the norm is white, that is why some non-human characters that in origin were created with black or Asians features are changed to look more like white when they become popular!!!

Same with Jubilee, we can see in some comics looks more like a white woman than an Asian!!!

It’s really heartening to see Jubilee shown on the cover art for House of X/Powers of X. I hope this means she’ll have a meaningful part to play in the plot, and that this is not just another bait-and-switch.

Also, yet another fan takes their dedication to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Count me among those who like the addition of Shogo to Jubilee's life. It really added a new dimension to her for future writers to play with, and it keeps her from being as dumbed down to her early 90's days as she could be?

I also really liked Strain's Generation X (in fact, I reviewed it here: https://411mania.com/movies/off-the-...ration-x-2017/). I thought it was fun and handled the characters well.

That said, did Jono really refer to Shogo as "Jubilee's runt"? Whoof. Awful.