Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

Our girl made it into another of Marvel's Mother's Day gifs this year (with the usual chorus of "Jubilee's a mom? I thought she was, like, 14."). Actually, with both Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey there, she's hardly the oddest choice for this image.
    SuperMoms.jpg

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Our girl made it into another of Marvel's Mother's Day gifs this year (with the usual chorus of "Jubilee's a mom? I thought she was, like, 14."). Actually, with both Scarlet Witch and Jean Grey there, she's hardly the oddest choice for this image.
    SuperMoms.jpg
    Jean is actually a mom to Cable, even if she didn't give birth to him.

In the latest UXM, we got another update about Shogo.
    spoilers:
    Chamber was killed, so now Karma has arranged to adopt him.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I bet we wont get a single reaction to Jono's death from Jubilee. Of course that's assuming it all doesn't get undone at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I bet we wont get a single reaction to Jono's death from Jubilee. Of course that's assuming it all doesn't get undone at the end.
    It’s really disheartening how these relationships just get ignored or forgotten by the writers sometimes. Jono’s death should elicit real grief from Jubilee (quickly followed by her knocking on Karma’s door looking for Shogo).

But I have a strong suspicion that these deaths will be reversed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Jubilee is just going to be seen holding Shogo in the background all smiles like nothing happened. Like during the Mr & Mrs X wedding issue. If I didn’t know better, I’d think she was single.

well another jubilee's boyfriend that bites the dust. Sinch, Angelo and now Chamber, and some people wonder why she stopped dating. (Special mention to the son of Dracula that turned her into a vampire, he literally became dust)

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Great news for us Jubilee fans!! Jubes was just announced last night to be in the next update for Marvel Future Fight as a playable character . The game is available for iPhone (not sure about other devices...) I downloaded it last night to test it out before her release and it’s pretty fun. It reminds me a bit of X-Men Legends... 3d, more free-roaming, rpg with characters getting several powers.

Here's a fun thread from Leah Williams about Jubilee:

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/...50797958635520

"Jubilee is easily one of the most overpowered mutants if youre not a COWARD"

I love everything about that thread. Especially since it bodes well for X-tremists #5.

Question is: why have so many other writers been so cowardly when it comes to Jubilee’s powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I love everything about that thread. Especially since it bodes well for X-tremists #5.

Question is: why have so many other writers been so cowardly when it comes to Jubilee’s powers?
    Off the top of my head, Jubilee being depowered when writers started reconsidering her after the 90s comics/cartoon? Obviously, in Gen X and in her initial appearances she was still learning her powers so we only got hints of her potential, and then she didn't fit in with the dynamic prior to HoM. After Strain repowered her, there's been too much going on/a lack of interest in her until now, where hopefully a writer will really focus on her and her potential. Obviously, Shogo and/or Chamber provide strong incentives for her to wreck stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

I've said in the past that they always had trouble finding her "medium" setting. It was always either dazzling lights or blowing up a city block. But I think part of the issue is how her powers aren't nerfed. A lot of energy-casters throw what I like to call "knock-around energy". Cyclops, Bishop etc. shoot energy that just knocks the bad guy around. Jubilee's powers were established early on to be more destructive than that. They create light, sound, heat and concussive force all together. It's hard to run with a power for the kid viewpoint character (which she was for a good chunk of time) that could blow off a limb or give someone third degree burns.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I've said in the past that they always had trouble finding her "medium" setting. It was always either dazzling lights or blowing up a city block. But I think part of the issue is how her powers aren't nerfed. A lot of energy-casters throw what I like to call "knock-around energy". Cyclops, Bishop etc. shoot energy that just knocks the bad guy around. Jubilee's powers were established early on to be more destructive than that. They create light, sound, heat and concussive force all together. It's hard to run with a power for the kid viewpoint character (which she was for a good chunk of time) that could blow off a limb or give someone third degree burns.
    It’s even harder when the top-end power output of your “kid viewpoint” character is potentially on the level of the 1917 Halifax explosion (Google it). The writers and editors may have stuck her with “light show” level power output because they were afraid that once they’d shown her really topping out they’d have nowhere to go from there, but that’s not true. A better route would have been to give her one good memorable scene where she goes nuclear, and then give her those mid-range powers you mentioned as her default setting (along with the added drama of everyone waiting for the nuke to go off again).

Astonishing Member

Not usually an action figure collector, but I had to get this when I saw it. It's rare she gets represented in toy form.
    Jubilee_figure.JPG