Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I know its been said before, but I absolutely adore Jubilee's new costume. More mature, but sill has that quintessential Jubilation feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Jubilee has two pages of her appearances within MARVEL COMICS #1001{Both were, of course, X-Men related}
    Three pages (The rain check one, the stress testing one, the consequences/Wolverine one)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avantre View Post
    Three pages (The rain check one, the stress testing one, the consequences/Wolverine one)
    Thank you for the recheck about her appearances, shame there wasn't one with her as a New Warrior.

With the New Mutants book releasing this Wednesday, and the inclusion of Chamber in that cast, AND my listening to Jay & Miles X-plain the X-Men this morning (Phalanx story) I got to thinking:

The New Mutants & Generation X have had VASTLY different experiences with Emma Frost.

With that said, I turn to my Lee enthusiasts and ask: What does Jubes think of Emma? Her primary (only?) experience with her is that of a teacher, correct? She and Frost first met during the Phalanx Covenant, so her knowledge of Frost's villainy is all based on what she's been told, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    With the New Mutants book releasing this Wednesday, and the inclusion of Chamber in that cast, AND my listening to Jay & Miles X-plain the X-Men this morning (Phalanx story) I got to thinking:

The New Mutants & Generation X have had VASTLY different experiences with Emma Frost.

With that said, I turn to my Lee enthusiasts and ask: What does Jubes think of Emma? Her primary (only?) experience with her is that of a teacher, correct? She and Frost first met during the Phalanx Covenant, so her knowledge of Frost's villainy is all based on what she's been told, yes?
    For the most part, yes. Jubes had a bit of a different view of Emma than the other OG Gen X-ers, certainly at the beginning. She had likely heard stories of her misdeeds from the older X-men, and went into the Massachusetts Academy with her eyes open and under no illusions as to who she was putting her trust in. Banshee's presence likely made her feel a bit better about the situation. As time went by she seemed to develop a deep respect and appreciation for Emma's strength and determination, especially when it came to protecting her charges. But I don't believe she ever developed anything like an affection for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Chris Claremont!!!

Uncanny X-Men #251 Nov 1989
    "Fever Dream!"
    Wolverine, beaten and bruised, hangs from a wooden X outside the X-Men's base camp.
    Donald Pierce, Wolverine's captor, continues to torment the shackled Wolverine, who begins to hallucinate.

In his delusions, in actuality one of Gateway's "Dreamtimes", Wolverine witnesses the past.
    He watches the X-Men return from their trip to the Savage Land.
    Next, he is visited by phantoms of various acquaintances, both friends and foes.
    He sees his own return to town, and his subsequent capture.
    Again, his vision returns to the arrival of the four X-Men from the Savage Land.
    As the Reavers approach the X-Men's position to attack, Psylocke opens the Siege Perilous
    and telepathically cajoles the X-Men to enter. Arriving too late, Pierce is furious at the loss of his prey.
    Back to reality and the present, the town comes under the fury of a powerful storm that seems to be encircling the whole globe.
    While the Reavers wait out the tempest inside, Jubilee summons the courage to approach Wolverine.

To her surprise, Wolverine frees himself from his X-shaped crucifix.

Lacking the strength to even stand, Wolverine asks the young Jubilee for help.

Story by Chris Claremont https://happybday.to/Chris-Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.

Marvel Super Wars....alternate costume. Jubilee is at the end.
    https://youtu.be/o3zDxLGbghc

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Marvel Dota is looking nice.

Jubes' voice sample needs tweaking though. Sounds too obviously like somebody older affecting a young tone.
    Last edited by Londo Bellian; 11-25-2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #252 Nov 1989
    "Where's Wolverine?!"
    The Reavers find Wolverine missing from his crucifix and search the base for him.
    Young mutant Jubilee may be in over her head

as she must protect her new and battered acquaintance Wolverine,
    as well as escape the clutches of Donald Pierce and his ilk.

Pierce unleashes his cyborg hounds, placing the two mutants in even more danger

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Rick Leonardi and Kent Williams.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men #253 Nov 1989
    "Storm Warnings!"
    Magneto "quits" as the school's headmaster.
    Lorna Dane is rescued by the Banshee and taken to Muir Island
    her body keeps on growing and she also possesses super-strength now.
    During a bad weather day in Cairo, Illinois a young girl is discovered needing medical attention.
    She looks like Storm, but is way too young to be her. Meanwhile,

Wolverine and Jubilee escape from the Reavers base.
    The cyborgs pinpoint Muir Island as their most probable destination and plan to invade the island.
    Forge has a strange shamanic dream and realizes that Storm is still alive!

Story by Chris Claremont. Art by Marc Silvestri and Steve Leialoha.