Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Cool Jubilation Lee: Jubilee Appreciation 2019

NEW AND IMPROVED - NOW WITH MORE PAF!!

It’s the new Jubilee Appreciation thread for 2019, following on from the old thread which can be located here.

This is a thread for the fans of the Great Yellow-Jacketed One to discuss her – why they love her, her character development and changes, her many trials and tribulations, comic and media images, cosplay images and fan art, etc.

Whether in her iconic pyrotechnic mutant form, her darker, edgier vampire form, or even in her brief stint as Wondra with the New Warriors, she’s a versatile and well-rounded character. Spunky, exciting, brash, outspoken, colorful, witty, outgoing and bighearted. She’s all these things and more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Jubilee! First saw her in the 90s X-Men of course, but I don't know anything about her beyond that episode where she's chased by the Sentinels. The shot of her in the opening being chased by a crowd and stopped by a chain link fence is the most memorable.

jubilee-625x350.jpg

Love me some fan art.

Those are rad. They all capture Jubes' unique (literal/metaphorical) Big Paf Energy in different ways.

I still prefer Wondra. She matured so much as that character only to get dumbed back down and then turned into a vampire. Hopefully some writers will remember Wondra and mature Jubes into a kick ass character again.

C628E2A8-2308-4A45-9BF6-BB8B40536C0E.jpg

Okay. I think we have a shot at a Jubilee movie. Feig was talking about how their are more to the X-Men than Wolverine and Cyclops. So their is a good chance they will go with their original strategy of using lesser known characters to start out the franchise. And with the new emphasis on female and minority characters I think their is a shot Jubilee might finally see some major screen time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    Okay. I think we have a shot at a Jubilee movie. Feig was talking about how their are more to the X-Men than Wolverine and Cyclops. So their is a good chance they will go with their original strategy of using lesser known characters to start out the franchise. And with the new emphasis on female and minority characters I think their is a shot Jubilee might finally see some major screen time.
    As much as I want this to be true, I’ve had that carrot dangled before. I’m still a little bitter about what X-men: Apocalypse could have been.

But hope springs eternal and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    So the movie would open with a remake of the first animated episode? I.E. Jubilee is at a shopping mall, Sentinels attack, and other X-Women rescue her.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So the movie would open with a remake of the first animated episode? I.E. Jubilee is at a shopping mall, Sentinels attack, and other X-Women rescue her.
    It would have to be this rather than the comics version. If 37 Transformers movies have taught us anything it’s that giant killer robots are much more cinematically pleasing than 4 overzealous Orkin employees with a huge George Foreman grill.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I love the way they made Jubilee's powers look in this video game.

I'm still baffled at how long they kept her as vampire, thats one of the weirdest things I've seen in comics

Also this might be my favorite redesign

Ghost of the Stratosphere Not BAMF's Avatar

Are there any plans for her to be in any titles going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Not BAMF View Post
    Are there any plans for her to be in any titles going forward?
    She’s in the X-tremists book for the upcoming AOXM event. Too early to tell beyond that, but I imagine she’ll be in something.

BANNED

vamp Jubes was fun, its not like they were doing much with her before (or even after)
    Shogo is a way worse development and needs to get sent to another reality or something