Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    babysitting isn't fun

:-P

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Shogo is lame and so was all of Strain's run
    babysitting isn't fun
    mahfood jubilee and storm.jpg
    Jubilee isn't babysitting. She's parenting. It's not babysitting when it's your own kid.

BANNED

but he isn't actually her kid

He is legally. She adopted Shogo.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He is legally. She adopted Shogo.
    Exactly. Adoptive and foster parents count too. Jubilee isn't waiting around for whatever woman The Future screwed to come back and get him after a shopping trip. I have a cousin who's adopted and she's still my cousin. I also have another aunt and uncle who foster. And in a franchise that regularly emphasizes the fact that family doesn't begin and end with DNA, I think that needs acknowledging.

So, does anyone have any news on Jubilee's future after Age of X-Man, or is it all up in the air until that whole House of X/Powers of X business is underway?

And I agree. I'm not big on Shogo, but Jubilee is totally his mother. And honestly, if they do end up writing out the character without showing how it affects Jubilee, I would be very unhappy. They are a family.

I don't understand what's wrong with the whole "Jubilee's runt" thing. I know and grew up with plenty of people who talk about kids they like like that. Heck, this is the same guy who referred to Nicholas Gleason as an "ankle biter".

We don't know ANYONE's future after AOXM. HOX/POX seems to involve AUs too.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    So, does anyone have any news on Jubilee's future after Age of X-Man, or is it all up in the air until that whole House of X/Powers of X business is underway?
    There is no news, which may or may not be good news. We’ll just have to sweat it out until we get news.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I don't understand what's wrong with the whole "Jubilee's runt" thing. I know and grew up with plenty of people who talk about kids they like like that. Heck, this is the same guy who referred to Nicholas Gleason as an "ankle biter".
    It just seemed so OOC for a character who (as of the last GenX run) is the closest thing Shogo has to a dad (who isn’t a homicidal maniac), and who clearly loves his mom.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Jubilee isn't babysitting. She's parenting. It's not babysitting when it's your own kid.
    YES. THANK YOU. Huge pet peeve of mine. On a stagette a few weeks ago one of the women said “The kids are home with their dad tonight - he’s babysitting”, and it was all I could do to stop myself from feeding her a wine glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Stagette? You mean a pre-wedding hen night?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Stagette? You mean a pre-wedding hen night?
    Yep, what the UK calls a “hen-do” North Americans call a stagette. Or at least they do where I’m from.

Astonishing Member

posted wrong thread my apologies also Jubilee is awesome and glad she's in the cover of hickman wraparound cover which means she's has a role

does jubilation like paramore
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    There is no news, which may or may not be good news. We’ll just have to sweat it out until we get news.

It just seemed so OOC for a character who (as of the last GenX run) is the closest thing Shogo has to a dad (who isn’t a homicidal maniac), and who clearly loves his mom.

YES. THANK YOU. Huge pet peeve of mine. On a stagette a few weeks ago one of the women said “The kids are home with their dad tonight - he’s babysitting”, and it was all I could do to stop myself from feeding her a wine glass.
    Darn. I shall continue to stalk this thread in an uncreep-like fashion. I am counting on everyone's comic sleuth skills and I am excited that she is on the HoX/PoX promo... teaser... cover... thing. And I will be eagerly peeping in to see if any new posts have updates. (And to look at the art of course. I love it when people share.)

I still maintain that he was OOC in that run. (•_•;;

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    does jubilation like paramore
    Five minutes of Google research has convinced me that this could conceivably be something she’d be into.