Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    I wonder if Jubilee's ever interacted with Magik. Because it must be weird when a grown version of the little girl who practically died right in front of you shows up and she's a demon sorceress to boot.
    Future Jubilee at least did

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I was at the comic store this last week, and picked up the TPB of the Age of Apocalypse story. I forgot how much I liked Jubilee's look in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Future Jubilee at least did

Wouldn’t two soul swords in close proximity cancel each other out or explode or something? No? Ok.

Also when I look at that page I get the hilarious impression that Future Jubes has to deal with an almost daily parade of past X-men appearing on the front lawn asking questions and she’s just done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Wouldn’t two soul swords in close proximity cancel each other out or explode or something? No? Ok.

Also when I look at that page I get the hilarious impression that Future Jubes has to deal with an almost daily parade of past X-men appearing on the front lawn asking questions and she’s just done.
    Well... she travelled to the future once and knowing the X-Men it is not strange she get visits from other times and universes!!!

Jubilee is more popular than I thought. I'm going to C2E2 next month and Chris Clairmont is gonna be there so I went to eBay looking for a copy of Jubilee's first appearance, Uncanny X-Men #244 and I'm having a hard time getting one because I keep getting outbid.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lammasu View Post
    Jubilee is more popular than I thought. I'm going to C2E2 next month and Chris Clairmont is gonna be there so I went to eBay looking for a copy of Jubilee's first appearance, Uncanny X-Men #244 and I'm having a hard time getting one because I keep getting outbid.
    I'm lucky to have a copy. I remember picking it up for $15.00 at my local comic book shop.

Recently, I had the pleasure (?) of writing a long thread on Twitter explaining why I thought Jubilee was one of the best characters in X-Men. That was something else. Along the way, I also came to the realization that in addition to getting underused in movies she's also never really been portrayed right on TV either. Mainly because TV versions of Jubilee never have the same past experiences that shaped the character. I mean, I think she's had living parents more often than not on TV. Her being an orphan is kind of a big deal.

Recently, I had the pleasure (?) of writing a long thread on Twitter explaining why I thought Jubilee was one of the best characters in X-Men. That was something else. Along the way, I also came to the realization that in addition to getting underused in movies she's also never really been portrayed right on TV either. Mainly because TV versions of Jubilee never have the same past experiences that shaped the character. I mean, I think she's had living parents more often than not on TV. Her being an orphan is kind of a big deal.
    Yep, at the heart of Jubilee’s personality are deep-seated trust and abandonment issues. If you don’t have those, you really don’t have her.

Astonishing Member

Yep, at the heart of Jubilee’s personality are deep-seated trust and abandonment issues. If you don’t have those, you really don’t have her.
    Let's run down the list.

Fox cartoon series. A more innocent take. Doesn't show much of her trademark attitude until the last season when no one was paying attention anymore. But this version was never rich (to my knowledge) and never knew her real parents. So, there wasn't as much of a fall. Liable to have issues but not quite in the same way.

Generation X (TV Movie)- Ethnicity aside (and yes, I know it's a huge issue, but we're putting it aside just this once), Heather McComb nailed the attitude! But there was no reason for the attitude. Her mother, at least, was still alive. Her father only appeared in a dream, so I don't know about him. So, if it's not a defense mechanism, then what is it? Is she just a snotty teenager? Best I can assume is that she inherited it from her mother, who came across as kind of snotty too.

X-Men: Evolution- Barely saw any of her, but one of the only scenes we do have is her parents coming to pick her up from the Institute. Need I say more?

But there was no reason for the attitude.
    You’ve met teenage girls, haven’t you?

Astonishing Member

You’ve met teenage girls, haven’t you?
    Not lately.

Okay, so there isn't as much of a reason. Or at least not a compelling reason.

BANNED

make Jubes a magical girl x-men_unlimited_v1_34-05.jpg

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I did these back in 1997. I think these look a bit stiff but my drawing has improved since then. I used a black felt-tip pen for the inks and Prismacolor markers for the colors.

Here is Jubilee in her Generation X uniform.

At the time I also did a move individual, more grown up look for Jubilee of my own design. And I really wish they wouldn't keep putting her back in her old togs. It doesn't make sense.

I know they aren't the greatest but I thought I'd share them.

I like them! If I tried to do something like that, it would be two poorly drawn stick figures.

LOL

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Kind of an average Tuesday for the X-Men.
    I'd still like to see it, though. Maybe Illyana can thank her and Jubilee can tell Illyana how much it changed her.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I like them! If I tried to do something like that, it would be two poorly drawn stick figures.

LOL
    Thanks!