Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I'm fond of the bodysuit/uniform with the jacket, and glasses thrown on. The classic tee, and shorts haven't really aged well. They also make her look a lot younger than how she's been portrayed in recent years.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I'm fond of the bodysuit/uniform with the jacket, and glasses thrown on. The classic tee, and shorts haven't really aged well. They also make her look a lot younger than how she's been portrayed in recent years.
    Absolutely true. And I’ll stick my neck out a bit here and risk saying that I think the sunglasses (especially the big, squared-off clunky kind) are also a bit dated and need to be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Keep the base black and then give her the classic X-Men uniform stripe down the middle in a different color.
    This, or the black one-piece suit with either yellow or red collar, cuffs and piping.

Or she could just keep her X-tremists uniform after AoXM ends, which would also make me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    This, or the black one-piece suit with either yellow or red collar, cuffs and piping.

Or she could just keep her X-tremists uniform after AoXM ends, which would also make me happy.
    I don't know. The X-Tremists suit gives off kind of a fascist vibe. Maybe it's just me reacting to what X-Man's little alternate reality is about.

Absolutely true. And I’ll stick my neck out a bit here and risk saying that I think the sunglasses (especially the big, squared-off clunky kind) are also a bit dated and need to be retired.

Any heroes in the making on the board this morning with access to a good scan of said AoXM X-Tremist uniform beyond the very popular cover image?

I'll prep my confetti.
    <reaches into confetti drawer>
    Confetti Prepped.

Related because I say so: I reeeeeally want Sunspot to apply his New Avengers "I see potential in you" treatment to a band of less frequently-spot-lit X-Men and I want him to recruit Jubilee. I wanna see her really get in on the front lines and do some rad AF power exploration and stretch those gymnastic skills to the max, Yo.

Also, bring along Monet because I'm desperate for she and Lee to interact more and doubly desperate for she and Roberto to GET. IT. ON.
    Last edited by Fokken; 02-12-2019 at 06:22 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I dunno about the glasses, I'm not the most fashionable guy on the planet, but large/noticeable sunglasses don't appear to be unpopular. I agree that the general style should change with the times, but that can just be explained as she has many pairs of loud sunglasses.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

the X-tremists outfit is too black for my tastes. I'd like some kind of color on her outfit. The black bodysuit could stay, but the jacket should be a different color. It doesn't need to be "raincoat yellow", just something else.

Astonishing Member

Black can be a tough color to use in superhero comics. It's often used to show heroes going through a "dark" patch (Spider-Man, Firestar, our own Jubilee). However, it's also amazingly versatile because it can go with pretty much every other color. So, they either need to find some other way to say the hero's going through some stuff or do without a really versatile color.

Astonishing Member

Did you guys see that Jubilee's getting a new Marvel Legends figure? One of Marvel's editors was at Toy Fair 2019 and posted a picture on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/1096813147174907906

Did you guys see that Jubilee's getting a new Marvel Legends figure? One of Marvel's editors was at Toy Fair 2019 and posted a picture on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/1096813147174907906
    Not bad.....would like it better if she had some sort of firework power instead of the bubble.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    Not bad.....would like it better if she had some sort of firework power instead of the bubble.
    Sometimes these figures have swappable heads. Maybe they have one without the bubble. Perhaps with the glasses up too.

Sometimes these figures have swappable heads. Maybe they have one without the bubble. Perhaps with the glasses up too.

It looks like they do have one without the bubble. Glasses still down.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    It looks like they do have one without the bubble. Glasses still down.
    Good. I’m not a huge fan of the bubblegum bubbles - they only tend to de-age her. Very nice figurine though, even if she’s wearing her old 90’s gear.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Leah Williams did a podcast interview for the X-Tremists series... link is in the preview discussion for X-Tremists #1. Some good info on Jubilee:

-When asked if she wanted to write this book, Leah specifically requested as long as she can have Jubilee and also queer-identified mutants.
    -She said that due to Jubilee’s positive nature, she was her first pic for this ‘alt-right’ book.
    -Jubilee and the others are oblivious to their actions, as Nate Grey wiped their memories and removed their desire to love and establish romantic connections.
    -The last three or four issues deal with a specific character’s feelings when they realize what Nate Grey has done to them. Book #4 is Northstar realizing that he was placed back into the closet... and his awakening from this.
    -The final chapter, book 5, is about Jubilee’s explosive and bombastic reaction to what Nate Grey has caused her to do, and what has happened to her life. Jubilee’s story is the grand finale of the series, as Leah felt the character would make the best fit for this event.

cool! Sounds really good!

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Leah Williams did a podcast interview for the X-Tremists series... link is in the preview discussion for X-Tremists #1. Some good info on Jubilee:

-When asked if she wanted to write this book, Leah specifically requested as long as she can have Jubilee and also queer-identified mutants.
    -She said that due to Jubilee’s positive nature, she was her first pic for this ‘alt-right’ book.
    -Jubilee and the others are oblivious to their actions, as Nate Grey wiped their memories and removed their desire to love and establish romantic connections.
    -The last three or four issues deal with a specific character’s feelings when they realize what Nate Grey has done to them. Book #4 is Northstar realizing that he was placed back into the closet... and his awakening from this.
    -The final chapter, book 5, is about Jubilee’s explosive and bombastic reaction to what Nate Grey has caused her to do, and what has happened to her life. Jubilee’s story is the grand finale of the series, as Leah felt the character would make the best fit for this event.
    Further evidence provided by this interview linked by Heroine Addict in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Excellent interview, and Williams saves the best bit for last:

Every issue of X-tremists brings pain and catharsis, increasingly, until we end with a bombastic, jubilant, grand finale.