Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    She'll challenge him to a knife fight for the leadership of the Morlocks.
    And he’ll stumble over a rock, knife her in the foot, she’ll fall on her dagger and bingo.

Also, THIS is why Rahzzah is rapidly becoming one of my favourite cover artists:

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    And he’ll stumble over a rock, knife her in the foot, she’ll fall on her dagger and bingo.

Also, THIS is why Rahzzah is rapidly becoming one of my favourite cover artists:

I honestly thought that was Psylocke at first

So whats the deal with Shogo? He is a baby in the current Uncanny issue but was a toddler that could walk and talk in Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I honestly thought that was Psylocke at first

So whats the deal with Shogo? He is a baby in the current Uncanny issue but was a toddler that could walk and talk in Gen X
    Its the usual seemingly inescapable conundrum of the artist(?) being assigned a subject they are unfamiliar with.

Age, particularly that of YOUTHS, is challenging for many an artist out there. Or they were supplied inaccurate reference material. So too do artists often suffer with accurately conveying non-white ethnicity. Or....breasts that aren't below a D cup.

Its the usual seemingly inescapable conundrum of the artist(?) being assigned a subject they are unfamiliar with.

Age, particularly that of YOUTHS, is challenging for many an artist out there. Or they were supplied inaccurate reference material. So too do artists often suffer with accurately conveying non-white ethnicity. Or....breasts that aren't below a D cup.
    but which artist is wrong? Is Shogo supposed to be a toddler or a baby?

Toddler. I think he was two the last time it was mentioned.

Is Larocca the artist this issue? I remember when he put Rogue in an evening gown instead of a night gown. This could have been a similar mistake, as English isn't his first language.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That's what I thought, too, jawbreaker. That or he'd give him to Hellcat, or someone from that run.

Ever since we saw Chamber on that variant cover, I've been expecting a second Mutant Massacre that would lead to him joining the Uncanny team. So needless to say, I'm concerned if Shogo's there.
    Called it.

Yeah, Shogo's reference material should've been the last Generation X book. If the artist only read the adjectiveless X-Men series that Shogo debuted in, that would explain the kid's apparent de-aging.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jubes suffer a lot of this, in some com8cs she has brown eyes and in other comic like blue eyes, and also her breasts size change all the time, from flat chest to cup C depending the artist... the same wirh her age, even though she looks younger than she is (all.those years as vampire) I feel that sometimes they draw her as a 13 years old kid...

And I remember some covers that show her with her powers while she was powerless or vampire!!!

Even popular characters are suffering this, specially eyes colors... I wonder if they don't have a database that indicate which color use for each character!!

BANNED

they really need to drop him off with some safe foster parents and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    they really need to drop him off with some safe foster parents and be done with it
    At this point it would be preferable to having him with someone who calls him “Jubilee’s runt” and then hands him off to a subterranean one-eyed murderwitch without a backwards glance.

Strain’s Chamber would never have done such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by datugu View Post
    Jubes suffer a lot of this, in some com8cs she has brown eyes and in other comic like blue eyes, and also her breasts size change all the time, from flat chest to cup C depending the artist... the same wirh her age, even though she looks younger than she is (all.those years as vampire) I feel that sometimes they draw her as a 13 years old kid...

And I remember some covers that show her with her powers while she was powerless or vampire!!!

Even popular characters are suffering this, specially eyes colors... I wonder if they don't have a database that indicate which color use for each character!!
    Yup.
    And standard eye color I can forgive/not care about. I see folks all the time crying outrage if X-23 doesn't have green eyes, for example.
    I can understand that kind of "WTF!?!" for characters like Remy who has such a unique ocular visual but I'm quick to forgive any other baseline miscolorings.

The ethnicity, age and bust size will forever vex me though. FOR. EV. ER.
    Valeria Richards, for example, need not have breasts, yo.
    TRY.
    HARDER.
    PEOPLE.
    Use references. Diversify your body types. Height variances. BOOB size.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post

Strain’s Chamber would never have done such a thing.

sorry but Strain's everything should be ignored forever

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    sorry but Strain's everything should be ignored forever
    Strain, along with Marjorie Liu and Kathryn Immonen, is part of my trinity of female comic book writers.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Strain's Generation X was the last good non-solo X-Book in a while. It knew what it was, and it delivered as far as I'm concerned. Probably wasn't for everyone, but I would have stuck around for a while. Provided it didn't get killed by a crossover like 90% of X-Men titles.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Always thought that book had fine writing and poor art. Just like Jim Zub's Thunderbolts run. It didn't surprise me that both only lasted a year.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman