Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    In the meantime, Morgan le Fay has had success battling the Avengers (she once reality warped Earth and made them her personal guard); has a love-hate relationship with Doom; summoned Chthon to Earth; and now will appear in season 3 of Hulu's Runaways, to be portrayed by Elizabeth Hurley. Why can't Amora have as stellar a record as Morgan?
    Because it is what I always said, Marvel doesn't care about Amora and they (perhaps unconsciously or voluntarily) they have shown it for years. This is the complaint I always do but I never saw any kind of change.

Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member

In the meantime, Morgan le Fay has had success battling the Avengers (she once reality warped Earth and made them her personal guard); has a love-hate relationship with Doom; summoned Chthon to Earth; and now will appear in season 3 of Hulu's Runaways, to be portrayed by Elizabeth Hurley. Why can't Amora have as stellar a record as Morgan?
    She is also a former priestess of Gaea, thus getting a fancy place in Marvel Tarot as the "Empress".
    And she indirectly caused some heroes' origin like Scarlet Witch(making Wundgaore Chthon's prison and entrance.)
    Not thrilled about Morgan being in Runaways though since she has like nothing to do with them lore-wise and character-wise.

As for Amora's current status, well I think she suffers in her home franchise due to missing opportunities, I mean Hela and Loki got a lot of benefit out of it.
    And she doesn't seem to be favored by the Thor writer for quite some time. Dan Jurgen's did give her a steady and decent role but later I don't feel her presence that strong in Thor franchise.
    Aaron era is just kinda reducing most of Asgardians to basic nobodies.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 06-07-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    She is also a former priestess of Gaea, thus getting a fancy place in Marvel Tarot as the "Empress".
    And she indirectly caused some heroes' origin like Scarlet Witch(making Wundgaore Chthon's prison and entrance.)
    Not thrilled about Morgan being in Runaways though since she has like nothing to do with them lore-wise and character-wise.

As for Amora's current status, well I think she suffers in her home franchise due to missing opportunities, I mean Hela and Loki got a lot of benefit out of it.
    And she doesn't seem to be favored by the Thor writer for quite some time. Dan Jurgen's did give her a steady and decent role but later I don't feel her presence that strong in Thor franchise.
    Aaron era is just kinda reducing most of Asgardians to basic nobodies.
    And unfortunately and considering that the Enchantress is the one who most needs something focused on her compared with other Asgardian characters, she has fallen into an involution in the Aaron run that reduces her to the minimum expression in favor of others who have fallen into the grace of the writers, I can not stop complaining that a character like her does not deserve the mistreatment and ignorance of all these years and decades, deserves a lot more respect and not this, I always try to complain about this to Marvel, but they ignore me again and again, I always try to be fair, to argue something, polite but that does not matter to Marvel, it is said that they listen to the fans, that is clearly a lie.

Opportunities have been unlimited to improve, the return of Lorelei in the series of Loki: Agent of Asgard, the appearance of Sylvie Lushton as a teenage version of Amora ... but nothing at all from the writers, they increasingly marginalize her more and more and no writer bothers to change all that.

Astonishing Member

I liked it best when Amora (The Enchantress) and Thor work together as allies instead of her being an enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I liked it best when Amora (The Enchantress) and Thor work together as allies instead of her being an enemy.
    Of course, me too. I hate when writers forgot or ignore things.

I'm really sorry to have to say this every week, but something interesting or some appearance of Amora the Enchantress, (I can't ask about Lorelei or Sylvie Lushton because they are clearly forgotten or barely acknowledged/underappreaciated/underused by writers) somewhere in this saga or in some other book?

I read Captain Marvel 6 from last week at last, I could not tell if it was okay or not, Amora did not appear as much as I would have liked.

I thought that Amora put in a pretty good showing over in Captain Marvel 6. Amora beat Black Widow one against one. She saw a magic vision that she would be defeated by Doctor Strange, in Rio, and came up with a fairly clever way of dealing with it. Causing Strange and Captain Marvel to switch bodies was a fairly clever way of showing Amora using her magic. She figured that Strange wouldn't be able to teach Carol Magi quickly enough to defeat her. That doesn't mean that Carol will end up beating her with magic, of course. She also got the jump on them by having the battle happen just outside of Rio, instead of Rio itself

She obviously wont win in the end, of course. War of the Realms is a major line wide event, and there is no way that the bad guys win. And there is no way that Amora will be left in control of South America once the story concludes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I thought that Amora put in a pretty good showing over in Captain Marvel 6. Amora beat Black Widow one against one. She saw a magic vision that she would be defeated by Doctor Strange, in Rio, and came up with a fairly clever way of dealing with it. Causing Strange and Captain Marvel to switch bodies was a fairly clever way of showing Amora using her magic. She figured that Strange wouldn't be able to teach Carol Magi quickly enough to defeat her. That doesn't mean that Carol will end up beating her with magic, of course. She also got the jump on them by having the battle happen just outside of Rio, instead of Rio itself

She obviously wont win in the end, of course. War of the Realms is a major line wide event, and there is no way that the bad guys win. And there is no way that Amora will be left in control of South America once the story concludes.
    Maybe it's the only moment in years, even in decades, that she has more or less a good showing since Loki: Agent of Asgard though I would like that she appears a bit more or knowing why she is doing what she is doing.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Amora's undead (and the Disir she bribed to join the war under Hela's and Karnilla's noses) show up in this week's Champions but not Amora herself.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Amora's undead (and the Disir she bribed to join the war under Hela's and Karnilla's noses) show up in this week's Champions but not Amora herself.
    Ah!, how sad.

I'm afraid on how Amora will finish at the end of this saga, I really want a book focused on her and how she can redeem herself.

Many female characters of the time of the 60s have had miniseries, their own series, specials, one-shots ...

The Wasp (Tales to Astonish) with Henry Pym (it is true that now Janet has nothing, because we have Nadia Pym), The Invisible Woman recently has or will soon start a miniseries but she has always had stories centered on her in the series of the Fantastic Four. The Black Widow, several volumes and miniseries, Jean Grey had one very recently (although it was the young Jean Grey not the current one) but she has always had a central role in the mutant series. The Scarlet Witch has also had everything for years in the mutant series and in the Avengers especially.

That leads me to think and more than once I said, why the enchantress who is also of that time, has never even had a story focused on her? Why writers find it so difficult to work harder on her for one time? Or Why Marvel has never wanted to do anything with her instead of the same thing over and over again (cameos of the origin of other characters and being nothing more than an antagonist and barely other thing just in a few little special ocassions)? There have been lots of stories of villains (female villains too, Emma Frost, Mystique, Typhoid Mary...)

Extraordinary Member

Honestly 60s female villains are more comparable to her than the Silver Age leading heroines of several titles.
    Then again, it probably has something to do with her being ignored/disliked by the writer of her home franchise.
    For example, Scarlet Witch suffered a 7-year absence from comics since 2005 when Bendis took over Avengers.
    (Also Wasp for less years when she got killed off by Bendis in 2008.)
    For none-solo characters, there is no saving you if the writer running your home franchise doesn't care for you.
    So the best bet here is probably wait till the Aaron era on Thor ends. And maybe the next writer would give her solid ground this time.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Honestly 60s female villains are more comparable to her than the Silver Age leading heroines of several titles.
    Then again, it probably has something to do with her being ignored/disliked by the writer of her home franchise.
    For example, Scarlet Witch suffered a 7-year absence from comics since 2005 when Bendis took over Avengers.
    (Also Wasp for less years when she got killed off by Bendis in 2008.)
    For none-solo characters, there is no saving you if the writer running your home franchise doesn't care for you.
    So the best bet here is probably wait till the Aaron era on Thor ends. And maybe the next writer would give her solid ground this time.
    I understand it very well, although it is difficult to accept that things were that way, hopefully someone from the editorial says something or bothered in any news related to the comics as they come out every day, even mention her in some really interesting way.

I hope you are right and really things change, it is hard to believe that from her first appearance in 1964 to the present 2019, her trajectory has been this for years and that hardly any writer has bothered to do things correctly for once, treat her better , show interest in improving ..., it is really difficult when you started to like a character and become a fan since the 80s you see that she stays stuck in the same place and does not leave there, even reading omnibus or something from years before you was born in the actual time.

no in the preview Capitan Marvel 7 preview Guest Starring Amora

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/06...vel-7-preview/