Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Mark Bagley
    I had not recognized him

Did anybody catch the last page of Captain Marvel #5

spoilers:
    It shows (in silhouette so I'm not a 100% sure) Enchantress holding a test tube.

Personal speculation is that it could be Amora that reveals Carols Kree heritage to the Marvel Universe which leads into CM next story arc.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Did anybody catch the last page of Captain Marvel #5

spoilers:
    It shows (in silhouette so I'm not a 100% sure) Enchantress holding a test tube.

Personal speculation is that it could be Amora that reveals Carols Kree heritage to the Marvel Universe which leads into CM next story arc.
    end of spoilers
    I doubt it, personally. Also why Amora has to worry about these kind of things, when she never meet Carol and fought her?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    I doubt it, personally. Also why Amora has to worry about these kind of things, when she never meet Carol and fought her?
    Well that's the whole point, it gives her a new role, feat, rogue, dynamic, it's a good thing Charlie81, something new, different!

Well that's the whole point, it gives her a new role, feat, rogue, dynamic, it's a good thing Charlie81, something new, different!
    Yeah, maybe I have another expectations than turning Captain Marvel in a new Dazzler.

I expect better things than this.

Yeah, maybe I have another expectations than turning Captain Marvel in a new Dazzler.

I expect better things than this.
    Yeah sure, fine,

I'd like to take the 'gloves of for a minute' so to speak and remind you that this is an appreciation page, so pepper your cynicism with some appreciation once in awhile

Enchantress is a great character that would benefit from a little momentum of excitement about her various current appearances.

If 1981 is your birth year then I'm speaking to you as a peer and mean no disrespect!

Yeah sure, fine,

I'd like to take the 'gloves of for a minute' so to speak and remind you that this is an appreciation page, so pepper your cynicism with some appreciation once in awhile

Enchantress is a great character that would benefit from a little momentum of excitement about her various current appearances.

If 1981 is your birth year then I'm speaking to you as a peer and mean no disrespect!
    I know but sometimes and reading books I don't know what to say because I feel writers when they use her in their stories, disrespects her a lot and because of that I complain. I want a good reading for one time in a life and the best characterization possible not out of character change of personality for the sake of it when in previous stories, she acts differently and has another goals.

I know but sometimes and reading books I don't know what to say because I feel writers when they use her in their stories, disrespects her a lot and because of that I complain. I want a good reading for one time in a life and the best characterization possible not out of character change of personality for the sake of it when in previous stories, she acts differently and has another goals.
    Yeah I get that, it's a cross we all have to bear at times, it's a peculiar and infuriating hobby at times. The changes in pace and directions can give us whiplash! ha!

Chin up though,

I've been more of a lurker for years and have appreciated your contributions to the boards, so don't take my snap as anything other than a snap!

Yeah I get that, it's a cross we all have to bear at times, it's a peculiar and infuriating hobby at times. The changes in pace and directions can give us whiplash! ha!

Chin up though,

I've been more of a lurker for years and have appreciated your contributions to the boards, so don't take my snap as anything other than a snap!
    Don't worry, I appreciate it very much.

I have always been a fan of Walter Simonson's Enchantress (practically nothing even though the New Mutants Special Edition of Claremont and Adams was very well drawn) and part of her appearance in the first Secret Wars, I have always wanted to know her origin and I asked when it would come to know, because when Lorelei appeared for first time, I thought that for once we would have a good story with Amora and her past, but in the end it did not happen that way, De Falco's run was like a roller coaster that took too many turns and it changed too much rhythm and the personality of the characters. And then I was glad to see that she had an interesting role in the Ellis run but he only stayed 4 issues and then the Thor series was completely ruined until its cancellation before Onslaught and Heroes Reborn.

I have always had the theory that when Sylvie Lushton appeared for the first time in Dark Reign, she could be the origin of both sisters, that is, that unknown mother that with a good development in the adolescent age and a trip to the past and a well-built up story she would end up becoming that person and from there the origin of the legend of the Enchantress would arise, something that would be created involuntarily and unintentionally by Loki.

Don't worry, I appreciate it very much.

I have always been a fan of Walter Simonson's Enchantress (practically nothing even though the New Mutants Special Edition of Claremont and Adams was very well drawn) and part of her appearance in the first Secret Wars, I have always wanted to know her origin and I asked when it would come to know, because when Lorelei appeared for first time, I thought that for once we would have a good story with Amora and her past, but in the end it did not happen that way, De Falco's run was like a roller coaster that took too many turns and it changed too much rhythm and the personality of the characters. And then I was glad to see that she had an interesting role in the Ellis run but he only stayed 4 issues and then the Thor series was completely ruined until its cancellation before Onslaught and Heroes Reborn.

I have always had the theory that when Sylvie Lushton appeared for the first time in Dark Reign, she could be the origin of both sisters, that is, that unknown mother that with a good development in the adolescent age and a trip to the past and a well-built up story she would end up becoming that person and from there the origin of the legend of the Enchantress would arise, something that would be created involuntarily and unintentionally by Loki.
    Oooooh interesting

Thanks for the info

Marvel should definitely have and give more time and stories to sisters, it's a niche they don't explore much. Amora and Lorelei being prime candidates. I can't even think of any other sisters at Marvel at the moment!

I know how you feel about liking the writing but not the art too, I chuckled at that, it happens in vise versa too, too often!

I was excited about Sylvie Lushton, maybe she'll be in the new young avengers (I think that's happening, or maybe I daydreamed it) a stronger connection to Amora could be explored. I expected Sylvie to be like a worshiper of Amora, able to 'summon' her for guidance and aid but at Amoras convenience and only after enough worship and patronage.

Does Amora have a pet octopus/hydra/giant squid?

Oooooh interesting

Thanks for the info

Marvel should definitely have and give more time and stories to sisters, it's a niche they don't explore much. Amora and Lorelei being prime candidates. I can't even think of any other sisters at Marvel at the moment!

I know how you feel about liking the writing but not the art too, I chuckled at that, it happens in vise versa too, too often!

I was excited about Sylvie Lushton, maybe she'll be in the new young avengers (I think that's happening, or maybe I daydreamed it) a stronger connection to Amora could be explored. I expected Sylvie to be like a worshiper of Amora, able to 'summon' her for guidance and aid but at Amoras convenience and only after enough worship and patronage.

Does Amora have a pet octopus/hydra/giant squid?
    Sorry for the delay in answering, I was sleeping (here in Spain it was 9:30 p.m.).

I would like to see and read it, they always dedicate themselves to the same characters, and others with much more narrative baggage, they do not seem to know what to do with them, when it is very easy, incredibly easy to write stories with them if for once they focus and they had them more in mind. The theme of the Enchantress, her sister, Sylvie Lushton, Skurge the Executioner ... are things and elements that would fit perfectly in a limited series, or regular series. Even a book on how Amora redeems herself after all things she did on the current saga (an Idea I posted some days ago) to be able to return with her people.

Sylvie Lushton could easily be Amora's adopted daughter or her apprentice, although my idea is quite good.

I think she has nothing of that style.

This is the last page of CM #5, and the following page shows the next issues cover, featuring The Enchantress

That might not be Amora, there are other theories as to who it could be, but I jumped to the conclusion it was her.

The journalist who is pictured on that page, goes by the name Ripley Ryan, could it be an alias or disguise

(I groaned too initially, at Rogue being in the book but Marvel must recognize the big guns that are Amora and Rogue )

This is the last page of CM #5, and the following page shows the next issues cover, featuring The Enchantress

That might not be Amora, there are other theories as to who it could be, but I jumped to the conclusion it was her.

The journalist who is pictured on that page, goes by the name Ripley Ryan, could it be an alias or disguise

(I groaned too initially, at Rogue being in the book but Marvel must recognize the big guns that are Amora and Rogue )
    yeah, you are right, hope Kelly Thompson treats her with respect.

yeah, you are right, hope Kelly Thompson treats her with respect.
    One thing I noticed after posting, was the emphasis on "captain"

Had Amora ever met Mar-vell? Would she have a reason to begrudge Carol using the name? Could she be used as a proxy for fans annoyance at the use of the name?

On KT respect, I think she will be mindful of Amoras canon, but she did have Satanna return to being more villainy in West Coast Avengers so I dunno. It might take a little longer to reach your ideal Enchantress, but I'm sure Amora won't be thrown under a bus for Carols sake *fingers crossed*, KT has more respect for the characters than a lot of writers. She does however like quite wacky, zany stories and stuff so you may need some patience and humor to enjoy it.

I'm gonna need to tune out from cbr for a couple of days now for work, adios

One thing I noticed after posting, was the emphasis on "captain"

Had Amora ever met Mar-vell? Would she have a reason to begrudge Carol using the name? Could she be used as a proxy for fans annoyance at the use of the name?

On KT respect, I think she will be mindful of Amoras canon, but she did have Satanna return to being more villainy in West Coast Avengers so I dunno. It might take a little longer to reach your ideal Enchantress, but I'm sure Amora won't be thrown under a bus for Carols sake *fingers crossed*, KT has more respect for the characters than a lot of writers. She does however like quite wacky, zany stories and stuff so you may need some patience and humor to enjoy it.

I'm gonna need to tune out from cbr for a couple of days now for work, adios
    No, she never met her. Amora has meet and fight with people like Doctor Strange, Avengers in old days, Fantastic Four (One time, Sue and Reed wedding), Dazzler, Defenders ... but Amora never met Carol in any way and in any moment, she was busy with other things.

I really hope you are right, for one time I want to be wrong and be surprised gratefully.