Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #342 Apr 1984
    "The Last Viking"
    In Asgard, Odin is considering the arrival of the last Viking.
    Back on Earth, Sigurd and Jerry are surveying the destruction when Sigurd is told that

the girl he rescued wants to thank him before she is taken to the hospital.
    She makes it very clear that she is attracted to him and wants to thank him properly when she gets out.

As the ambulance drives off, one man notes that he didn't even get her name.
    Sigurd again hears someone calling his name in the language of old and decides to solve the mystery once and for all.
    He changes to Thor and flies off.
    Elsewhere, the gigantic figure senses the arrival of Hugin and Munin and strikes the first blow against the power of Asgard.
    Back on Earth, Thor has followed the voice to Antarctica.
    He discovers a valley teeming with life where the volcanic heat has made it cool, yet quite comfortable.
    It is here that Thor discovers a village, not unlike the towns the ancient Vikings lived in.
    He calls about but finds several of the huts empty and falling into disrepair.
    He rounds a corner and finds a Viking graveyard filled with the stone ships.
    They all point to an entrance into the side of a mountain, and Thor enters to investigate.
    After entering the cavern, a giant door slams shut and hundreds of spears are launched all right at Thor.

In Asgard, Balder sits in the wilderness by a fire and calls to the darkness, telling the stranger to come forth.
    The cloaked figure comes forth to join him and it is revealed to be Karnilla.
    Balder tells her that what he has seen in Hel dogs him even in the empty wilderness. She tells him that he cannot carry this weight forever.
    She gets up to leave, telling him that her men have left provisions for him behind the rocks.
    And if he tires of the outland, she will offer him the hospitality of her home.

Back in Antarctica, Thor smashes the spears, only to encounter other traps within the cave.
    After going through them all, Thor meets a gigantic warrior, that hurls a spear at Thor.
    He dodges the spear and swings at the warrior, knocking his helmet loose.
    In another cavern, beneath NYC, Fafnir nurses his hatred of Thor and realizes that Thor couldn't hurt him.
    Fafnir emerges near the South Bronx, screaming for Thor.

And in a penthouse overlooking Central Park, Lorelei is preparing a special brew of golden mead just for Thor.

Back in the cavern, Thor discovers that the warrior is really an old man, who tells Thor not to spare him and to finish the job.
    Thor tells him that he won't slay an ancient and carries him outside. Thor gets him outside and removes the armor and asks who he is.
    He tells Thor that his name is Eilif the Lost and that his father's fathers founded the valley long ago, and could not get back out.
    Eilif tells him that the labyrinth was the way to test themselves and become warriors since they had no enemies.
    He wanted to trap Thor, whose temper is legendary and win his way through to Valhalla.
    But he failed and is content to die the straw death having lived to see the Mighty Thor himself.
    Thor tells him that his fate no longer rests within himself.
    That he did not come all this way to discover a dotard seeking Valhalla through deception.
    The Gods of the icy north have answered Eilif's call and now his life belongs to Thor.

Script and pencils by Walter Simonson
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    This is pretty nice, it's good to see someone that remembers Lorelei.

I'm happy of your apportations 616MarvelYear is LeapYear
    You're welcome.

Extraordinary Member

Thank you!

Marvel will never announce any Enchantress book not now, not today, not tomorrow or in the near and distant future, they hate her and everything is very clear with this kind of things and if she were replaced, it would not be Amora, nor Sylvie Lushton nor even Lorelei, surely they create a new character of those who they like it so much for the sake of it, she would not even be recognizable.

I've already finished with Marvel, for me it's over, I have better things to do in life, more important than this and I'm tired of seeing as Marvel, again and again ignore and disrespect fans and their opinions.

As I said I love Amora and always I will defend her arguing with everyone who wanted it.
    I appreciate Amora, loved it when she and Heimdall were together in the Simonson run, but at the end of the days she’s a villain.

Though it’s sad to see her siding wantonly with Malekith. That leaves her pretty much irredeemable in my eyes.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I appreciate Amora, loved it when she and Heimdall were together in the Simonson run, but at the end of the days she’s a villain.

Though it’s sad to see her siding wantonly with Malekith. That leaves her pretty much irredeemable in my eyes.
    Precisely that could be a good story for her, not having anyone but herself and trying to make things right knowing that even if she could ask for help nobody would want to help her, maybe having Sylvie Lushton as an emotional and friendly point of support to get forgiveness and the redemption even if she had to sacrifice her own life (for her sister Lorelei despite how much she could hate her) and that no one will ever find out about it until after a while or changing her identity and alias not to be recognized.

Extraordinary Member

Precisely that could be a good story for her, not having anyone but herself and trying to make things right knowing that even if she could ask for help nobody would want to help her, maybe having Sylvie Lushton as an emotional and friendly point of support to get forgiveness and the redemption even if she had to sacrifice her own life (for her sister Lorelei despite how much she could hate her) and that no one will ever find out about it until after a while or changing her identity and alias not to be recognized.
    About the only way I see Amora doing anything that might earn her some brownie points would be to help Brunhilde, Considering the last page of WOTR #2.

The two of them have history going all the way back to original Defenders series. Maybe she can help Annabelle with her current dilemma.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

About the only way I see Amora doing anything that might earn her some brownie points would be to help Brunhilde, Considering the last page of WOTR #2.

The two of them have history going all the way back to original Defenders series. Maybe she can help Annabelle with her current dilemma.
    I don't expect it from writers like Bunn or Aaron, unfortunately it's not going to happen.

Extraordinary Member

I don't expect it from writers like Bunn or Aaron, unfortunately it's not going to happen.
    I have no evidence based reason to doubt Bunns ability in that regard.

I have no evidence based reason to doubt Bunns ability in that regard.
    I do not have that much confidence unless I see it.

I have lost hope of something worthwhile. If I do not see it, it will be difficult for me to believe it.

I am currently at that point of distrust.

new pic Enchantress by AbbySorceressforhire

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new pic Enchantress by AbbySorceressforhire
    It could have been better.

Honestly what I love the most and my expectations regarding the Enchantress (Sylvie Lushton (specially the part that don't forget anything of her first appearance on Dark Reign: Young Avengers and improve it and give more deep) and Lorelei (a following to her partnership/love with Sigurd and her relationship with Asgard and Midgard) too) would be three:

Respect, Justice and Good Development

With all these things I would settle and right now none of that is there, those are my hopes.

The Dusk Land new Kingdom of Amora

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Who was the immediate previous ruler of Hel and Niflheim, was it Hela or Angela?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Who was the immediate previous ruler of Hel and Niflheim, was it Hela or Angela?
    It was Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Aaron seems not to know or just forget that Amora is not Hela, she's not a goddess of death. Amora even knowing these kind of spells, it is a goddess of love.