Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    BANNED

43 -- The Enchantress

Issues Containing this Stamp:
    Captain America #172, April 1974.
    Jungle Action #11, September 1974, p.19.
    Marvel Team-Up #28, December 1974, p.19.

Stamp Artwork From:
    Cover of Avengers #7,

drawn by Jack Kirby, provides the artwork for the Enchantress stamp.

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    43 -- The Enchantress

Issues Containing this Stamp:
    Captain America #172, April 1974.
    Jungle Action #11, September 1974, p.19.
    Marvel Team-Up #28, December 1974, p.19.

Stamp Artwork From:
    Cover of Avengers #7,

drawn by Jack Kirby, provides the artwork for the Enchantress stamp.
    Nice retro addition.

Any news about Amora, Lorelei or Sylvie Lushton?

I'm not reading last issue of War of the Realms, I don't know if she really appears or not but I don't have any kind of trust on Marvel regarding her and the trend of continue ignoring her on every new book they announces.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Any news about Amora, Lorelei or Sylvie Lushton?

I'm not reading last issue of War of the Realms, I don't know if she really appears or not but I don't have any kind of trust on Marvel regarding her and the trend of continue ignoring her on every new book they announces.
    She hasn’t done anything relevant in the event yet. The most she’s had so far is a cameo in the War Avengers Strikeforce issue with some of the battles Carol’s team is tackling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She hasn’t done anything relevant in the event yet. The most she’s had so far is a cameo in the War Avengers Strikeforce issue with some of the battles Carol’s team is tackling.
    What I thought from the beginning, in the end sadly is all testimonial. I hate to be right.

I really hope something will be good but sadly things are what they are in the nth event badly constructed and worse written in just 6 issues that feels so empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    What I thought from the beginning, in the end sadly is all testimonial. I hate to be right.

I really hope something will be good but sadly things are what they are in the nth event badly constructed and worse written in just 6 issues that feels so empty.
    She’s supposed to be appearing as the villain of the Captain Marvel tie-in to the event next month but beyond that, I haven’t heard anything major of her involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    She’s supposed to be appearing as the villain of the Captain Marvel tie-in to the event next month but beyond that, I haven’t heard anything major of her involvement.
    Yeah, Is the only hope I have actually but i'm worried and afraid about how she's going to be written in that book.

no in the war of Realms 4

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    no in the war of Realms 4
    Is very sad.

Looks like this week nothing too.

I hate when i'm right regarding these characters and the terrible portrayals Marvel are doing with them.

That's why she looked so bored in the beginning. She knew she wasn't going to get any shine. Jane and the All-Mother is the only females worth Aaron's time, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    That's why she looked so bored in the beginning. She knew she wasn't going to get any shine. Jane and the All-Mother is the only females worth Aaron's time, it seems.
    Yeah, the evidence is more than obvious. It's pretty sad like what I said last week.

BANNED

Thor #343 May 1984
    "If I Should Die Before I Wake...!"
    Fafnir is in New York on a rampage, screaming for the Son of Odin,

and begins destroying buildings.

Elsewhere, Lorelei is wondering where Thor is. But Thor is unaware of what's going on
    because he's in Antarctica with Eilif. Thor tells him that he is proud of his reckless courage,
    but the granting of Valhalla is beyond him. Only Odin and the Valkyries can decide who sits in that realm.
    But Thor tells him that for old times sake, he will take Eilif's fate in his hands. For Fafnir awaits him in New York
    and he would take Eilif with him. Thor then calls to Odin to grant him a sign that Eilif be his shield bearer.
    After half an hour, out of nowhere, flies Cloud rider's and Thor's own chariot pulled by Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

In Asgard, Karnilla is furious at what Loki has done to Balder. Haag has put Balder in the room next to Karnilla's own.
    Back in Antarctica, Eilif is overcome by events and begins to lose his courage.
    Thor rails at him and calls for the warrior that lifted his weapon against the mightiest fighter in Asgard,
    and dared test the mettle of the Mighty Thor. Rallied, Eilif rises and touches Mjolnir,
    and feels the fire of youth coursing through is limbs. They mount up and begin to ride, but before they leave,
    they discover an old man that greets them and blesses Eilif's spear and as they fly off, Eilif looks again
    and the old grey-bearded man has vanished. Elsewhere, beyond the fields we know,
    an endless host chants as the giant figure finishes the sword - now named Twilight.

In the Bronx, Fafnir has grown tired of waiting and begins the serious destruction of the city.
    Eilif and Thor arrive just in time and Thor's hammer opens the battle. Fafnir strikes back with tail and flame,
    and the battle truly begins. In Asgard, Heimdall sees the stars themselves blotted out, and within the darkness,
    Munin races for his life. He falls to the bridge as the inky darkness races by and is gone. Back in the Bronx,
    Thor lands a blow that is felt in Pennsylvania, but to no avail. Fafnir strikes again at Eilif, and unhorsing him,
    Eilif falls into a building below. Thor's concern causes him to be distracted, allowing Fafnir to land a tremendous blow.
    Eilif comes to and realizes that Thor must be hurt because the energy of youth is leaving him.
    Summoning his courage, Eilif leaps down below him and drives his spear into the dragon.
    Thor, seeing that the spear has penetrated the dragon's hide, uses all his strength to drive the spear deep into Fafnir,
    killing him. Thor then rushes to Eilif's side and discovers that his companion and shield bearer is gone.
    Thor begins to demolish some remaining building, and using the rubble, builds a funeral pyre.
    Thor then lifts Fafnir's corpse and puts it at Eilif's feet, as the soldiers look on. Thor then summons a storm
    and causes it to strike, and fire the holy mound. No longer Eilif the Lost, but Eilif the Dragonslayer.
    Out of the sky, fantastical horsed figures fly to collect the fallen hero, as father Odin looks on to welcome the last Viking.
    Back in his apartment, Sigurd broods over his missing friends, when a knock on the door rouses him.

It's Lorelei, in disguise as Melodi, who tells him that she wanted to thank him for saving her life.

Script and art by Walter Simonson

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Thor #343 May 1984
    "If I Should Die Before I Wake...!"
    Fafnir is in New York on a rampage, screaming for the Son of Odin,

and begins destroying buildings.

Elsewhere, Lorelei is wondering where Thor is. But Thor is unaware of what's going on
    because he's in Antarctica with Eilif. Thor tells him that he is proud of his reckless courage,
    but the granting of Valhalla is beyond him. Only Odin and the Valkyries can decide who sits in that realm.
    But Thor tells him that for old times sake, he will take Eilif's fate in his hands. For Fafnir awaits him in New York
    and he would take Eilif with him. Thor then calls to Odin to grant him a sign that Eilif be his shield bearer.
    After half an hour, out of nowhere, flies Cloud rider's and Thor's own chariot pulled by Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

In Asgard, Karnilla is furious at what Loki has done to Balder. Haag has put Balder in the room next to Karnilla's own.
    Back in Antarctica, Eilif is overcome by events and begins to lose his courage.
    Thor rails at him and calls for the warrior that lifted his weapon against the mightiest fighter in Asgard,
    and dared test the mettle of the Mighty Thor. Rallied, Eilif rises and touches Mjolnir,
    and feels the fire of youth coursing through is limbs. They mount up and begin to ride, but before they leave,
    they discover an old man that greets them and blesses Eilif's spear and as they fly off, Eilif looks again
    and the old grey-bearded man has vanished. Elsewhere, beyond the fields we know,
    an endless host chants as the giant figure finishes the sword - now named Twilight.

In the Bronx, Fafnir has grown tired of waiting and begins the serious destruction of the city.
    Eilif and Thor arrive just in time and Thor's hammer opens the battle. Fafnir strikes back with tail and flame,
    and the battle truly begins. In Asgard, Heimdall sees the stars themselves blotted out, and within the darkness,
    Munin races for his life. He falls to the bridge as the inky darkness races by and is gone. Back in the Bronx,
    Thor lands a blow that is felt in Pennsylvania, but to no avail. Fafnir strikes again at Eilif, and unhorsing him,
    Eilif falls into a building below. Thor's concern causes him to be distracted, allowing Fafnir to land a tremendous blow.
    Eilif comes to and realizes that Thor must be hurt because the energy of youth is leaving him.
    Summoning his courage, Eilif leaps down below him and drives his spear into the dragon.
    Thor, seeing that the spear has penetrated the dragon's hide, uses all his strength to drive the spear deep into Fafnir,
    killing him. Thor then rushes to Eilif's side and discovers that his companion and shield bearer is gone.
    Thor begins to demolish some remaining building, and using the rubble, builds a funeral pyre.
    Thor then lifts Fafnir's corpse and puts it at Eilif's feet, as the soldiers look on. Thor then summons a storm
    and causes it to strike, and fire the holy mound. No longer Eilif the Lost, but Eilif the Dragonslayer.
    Out of the sky, fantastical horsed figures fly to collect the fallen hero, as father Odin looks on to welcome the last Viking.
    Back in his apartment, Sigurd broods over his missing friends, when a knock on the door rouses him.

It's Lorelei, in disguise as Melodi, who tells him that she wanted to thank him for saving her life.

Script and art by Walter Simonson
    They were better times than the actual ones. It's sad to be a fan of the Enchantress, Lorelei and Sylvie these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post

At least they are treating her well in games
    Thanks Captain M; Amora in the image videogame